Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thinking iPad Air for the Mrs. - What do I need for a headphone jack and charging at the same time?

edited January 13 in Off-topic

Also, does no home button stink as bad as I imagine?

She had a base iPad,14 months old... died doing an iOS update... such anger.

Comments

  • I've just switched from an Air 2 to an 11" Pro.
    I don't miss the home button since swapping isn't a big deal.
    To connect my headphones, my Jam 96k and charge the iPad at the same time, I've bought the Baseus hub.
    The only time I've tried to record my guitar, I've experienced some annoying noises but I didn't have the time to investigate yet... so I can't say if the "problem" came from the hub or the Jam or my cable or anything else.

  • edited January 13

    @Gratouilli said:
    I've just switched from an Air 2 to an 11" Pro.
    I don't miss the home button since swapping isn't a big deal.
    To connect my headphones, my Jam 96k and charge the iPad at the same time, I've bought the Baseus hub.
    The only time I've tried to record my guitar, I've experienced some annoying noises but I didn't have the time to investigate yet... so I can't say if the "problem" came from the hub or the Jam or my cable or anything else.

    mmm,thanks! yah Baseus hub looks fancy.

    the Mrs mainly paints in Procreate with the iPad on a swing arm stand thing so certainly hoping for something small and light. She just got new noise canceling earbuds that are non-bluetooth she really likes so yah cable cable...

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Gratouilli said:
    I've just switched from an Air 2 to an 11" Pro.
    I don't miss the home button since swapping isn't a big deal.
    To connect my headphones, my Jam 96k and charge the iPad at the same time, I've bought the Baseus hub.
    The only time I've tried to record my guitar, I've experienced some annoying noises but I didn't have the time to investigate yet... so I can't say if the "problem" came from the hub or the Jam or my cable or anything else.

    mmm,thanks! yah Baseus hub looks fancy.

    the Mrs mainly paints in Procreate with the iPad on a swing arm stand thing so certainly hoping for something small and light. She just got new noise canceling earbuds that are non-bluetooth she really likes so yah cable cable...

    You can get the lightning to headphone adapter with lightning charging port on it for about $10/15. The air still has lightning, right? I didn’t realize they got rid of the headphone jack on iPad too.

  • Huh, now the new base iPad comes out in March. Crap timing, two months after warranty dies and two months before the new base model.

  • @AudioGus said:
    Also, does no home button stink as bad as I imagine?

    She had a base iPad,14 months old... died doing an iOS update... such anger.

    Did it completely die as in it will no longer turn on or is it stuck on an apple logo kind of thing? Did you take it in to get it inspected?

    You can get various USB C hubs that should fix your problem. You need one that supports power delivery so it can charge the iPad as well. Many of them had headphone jacks built in. Some of them snap on the side of the iPad so they are flush and not dongle like, but they might be as likely to work with a case if you are using it.

  • @AudioGus said:
    ... died doing an iOS update...

    what exactly happened? DFU mode didn't save it?
    Also, there is a 14 day return policy if you want to return it every 10-12 days until the new one comes out :P

  • You can enable Assistive Touch soft button for the missing Home button screen and many other features.

    Also checkout out -

    https://www.mobilemusic.us/articles/hardware/244-solutions-for-missing-headphone-jack-on-ipad

  • Lack of the home button is a non issue. The lack of jack is pita as predicted and remedied by the use of the £10 Apple converter. I’m guessing if it’s not for music making she’d best invest in a pair of Bluetooth earphones as I don’t think she (as any of us) likes dangling cables.

Sign In or Register to comment.