Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I love/hate this developer. After some demo's I'm sure I'll go for it.
    There's Twitter feed also implies the fixed their "audio freezing" issues in DAW's.
    I need to check that out.

• I see a lot of IAP to buy😉

• And that my 1 tb iPad will be barely enough to store all the sounds😂 hope that he will provide external add support.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I see a lot of IAP to buy😉

Maybe they're a la carte for pricing and/or space management.

• I see a lot of GB taken up !

• The labeling reminds me of the IAP's in the ZenBeats (was StageLight) DAW. I suspect since they are claiming a new "genre" that these sound packs will be loops and they might offer and loop player with tracks and scenes. BeatHawk is probably the closest to this particular
    product category.

• edited January 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    I see a lot of GB taken up !

@Charlesalbert said:
    I see a lot of IAP to buy😉

I see a lot of expensive AND heavy IAPs :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Weirdo huh?

• A 30 Gb app😤

• I see just another 'rompler' that I have absolutely no need for ;)

• @Samu said:
    I see just another 'rompler' that I have absolutely no need for ;)

That’s for sure😂

• I'm all for something that has the categories METAL and WEIRDO

• New video from Crudebyte:

First glimpse on upcoming new Crudebyte audio app "XPad" for iOS. Focus of this app are pad sounds, from thin to ultra wide. A variety of synthetic, atmospheric and percussive sounds are covered as well. Full demos of all individual sound sets of this app are following soon ...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish and hope Crudebytes has nothing but big success with this app. I’ve been a big fan since he tried to get Jack audio connector to be successful. His pianos and strings are awesome, AUv3, and universal. Checks a lotta boxes for me.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    A 30 Gb app😤

Closer to 60 GB. I guess I’m out.

• Pass, too big for my poor iPad🥲

• edited February 2021

@NoiseHorse said:
    I wish and hope Crudebytes has nothing but big success with this app. I’ve been a big fan since he tried to get Jack audio connector to be successful. His pianos and strings are awesome, AUv3, and universal. Checks a lotta boxes for me.

+1
    Though their current apps crashs in MultiTrackStudio currently. Still love em...

• The really demands a lot of storage space , i don’t think this will be popular because of that

• Wow, great sound. I like it, but my whole iPad has only 64GB of space. I hope they have an „store in external storage“ type of option.

• edited February 2021

The space sounds were nice but the rest is a bit meh. But more important i see again almost no editing features. Even no envelope for the filter.
    Sorry, this does not convince me even a bit and I am a fan of the iSymphonic sounds. I hoped they would release a major version with proper envelope editing plus a few more things.
    Sounds maybe harsh and I could be wrong but so far this sounds and looks like a waste of space and maybe money since all the iOS synths can do much more interesting sounds.
    Sorry again, but I do not get it yet.

• I'm looking forward to this one. I love the sounds.

• Reply from Crudebyte:

“ There are 14 optional sound sets, in total 462 sounds. With all 14 sound sets installed the app's installation size is 55 GB. As always, you can uninstall and restore the app or individual sound sets as often as you want.”

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Reply from Crudebyte:

“ There are 14 optional sound sets, in total 462 sounds. With all 14 sound sets installed the app's installation size is 55 GB. As always, you can uninstall and restore the app or individual sound sets as often as you want.”

So no external hd support I’m guessing? I wonder why no other developers have incorporated that other than GM, it’s really useful.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Reply from Crudebyte:

So no external hd support I’m guessing? I wonder why no other developers have incorporated that other than GM, it’s really useful.

What is GM? How could an app ensure that the HD is attached / up to speed for such task?

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Reply from Crudebyte:

What is GM? How could an app ensure that the HD is attached / up to speed for such task?

Gospel musician

• @Clueless said:
    The space sounds were nice but the rest is a bit meh. But more important i see again almost no editing features. Even no envelope for the filter.
    Sorry, this does not convince me even a bit and I am a fan of the iSymphonic sounds. I hoped they would release a major version with proper envelope editing plus a few more things.
    Sounds maybe harsh and I could be wrong but so far this sounds and looks like a waste of space and maybe money since all the iOS synths can do much more interesting sounds.

From the horse’s mouth: “Controllers are available depending on the individual preset, depending on what makes sense for the sound. For instance most sounds have Attack and Release control, some also Decay control, and for Glissando sounds there are special Glissando controls. Almost all sounds do have Aftertouch support. Likewise if a sound supports some kind of sequencing feature or modulation, then there is control for that as well. The upcoming demo videos hopefully will make this more clear.”

• So no external hd support I’m guessing? I wonder why no other developers have incorporated that other than GM, it’s really useful.

Great feature. I'm using pure synth bassalicious and NKS2 on 64gb iPad :)

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Clueless said:

From the horse’s mouth: “Controllers are available depending on the individual preset, depending on what makes sense for the sound. For instance most sounds have Attack and Release control, some also Decay control, and for Glissando sounds there are special Glissando controls. Almost all sounds do have Aftertouch support. Likewise if a sound supports some kind of sequencing feature or modulation, then there is control for that as well. The upcoming demo videos hopefully will make this more clear.”

Yes, I saw that and that is not enough control. It is simply said indeed a very limited rompler as it looks.
    I learned the hard way that they seems to have not much interest to give the mostly great sound sources much better control to play it more dynamic and expressive.
    I mean it seems like a step up from iSymphonic since there is at least some very limited control for envelopes and some FX for some presets but in general it seems they just want to sell some more sound sources with almost the same limited "player". Again, I am a huge fan of the sound designs works from them in general but they just give it not enough love to play it really nice.
    However, of course it might be just me and so I will leave it at that.