Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sEGments FX - Classic Effects is available in the App Store now!

Comments

• The intro price is $2,99 / £2,99 / Eur3,49
    After the release will be changed to the following tier ($3,99 / £3,99, Eur $4,49)

If you don't see the right price, please try in few minutes ... I suppose in some countries the price changes may be slower

• Price back to 3,49€. Thanks @ElliottGarage . Very generous on your side.

• Bought 👍

• Im in.

I’m liking this trend to modular live FX. How many of us were excited when Elastic FX came out but never use it because it’s not AUv3?

Nice price, too! 👍

• Just got it at £2.99 UK

I am thinking that a looper/slicer along the lines of the Korg Kaoss pads could be a nice addition.

• @robosardine said:
    Just got it at £2.99 UK

I am thinking that a looper/slicer along the lines of the Korg Kaoss pads could be a nice addition.

Live slicer and X/Y controlled FX are easy to do in Drambo if you're interested. Looper features need a hit more work but that's possible too.

• @rs2000 said:

@robosardine said:
    Just got it at £2.99 UK

Live slicer and X/Y controlled FX are easy to do in Drambo if you're interested. Looper features need a hit more work but that's possible too.

Thx - I’ve avoided Drambo maybe for too long now.

• sEGments FX - Classic Effects is on the App Store right now at intro price! Go grab it fast! 🔥🔥🔥
    app.elliottgarage.com/sEGmentsFX

• Got it. Thanks so much.

• @ElliottGarage Thanks for this, very flexible app! I noticed that EG Pulse has appeared as an IAA after installing but I have not purchased that app yet. It doesn’t actually load but thought I would report it here.

• thanks @MisplacedDevelopment ... I need to remove some legacy Interapp code (that no loger works by the way)
    Hope you're enjoying the app and for any request or feedback please write me here or at [email protected] ;)

• edited January 2021

@ElliottGarage it sounds great! Just one question - what does the LIVE button do? Thanks

• @israelite when LIVE is enabled the effect is workink as long as you keep pressing your finger on the x-y pad or the mix slider. When you release the touch the effect will be bypassed; it may be useful for temporary applying the effect

• Shopping... thanks..

• Is this going to be an app with a IAP for more stuff? I’m looking for a modular FX app and don’t know whether to get this or not

• Instabuy at £2.99.

If I am being greedy requests, for your consideration, would include folder handling in preset list
    AB selection to flip between 2 presets. (Control with midi LFO)
    On screen bypass for all effects (possibly toggle mix levels)
    Option for 2x4 layout.

But as it is, works great and installed problem free on ipados 14.4

• Curious to understand why / when you’d want or send each effect to a different bus? I trust you would use an instance of Thai app per channel that you wanted effects on.

• edited January 2021

I would personally love if this would do what ElasticFX didn't... Record my x/y movements and loop them, but with the option of syncing or having them loop freely... That is, maybe a slow crush sweep is recorded as a MIDI event for a few seconds while the chorus squiggles back and forth every once in a while... Basically Kaoss Pad event recording with or without tempo lock. For evolving poly-effectric texturisation. I am making terms up now because I am crazy.
    If this makes no sense, I'll try to explain it better.

• I bought the app and it doesn't work as auv3 in aum on my ipad air 2 with ios 10, it freezes aum when I'm launching it

• @Aegersmoothie said:
    I bought the app and it doesn't work as auv3 in aum on my ipad air 2 with ios 10, it freezes aum when I'm launching it

If you plan to use AUv3's a lot it's advisable to update to more recent version of iPadOS.
    I beta tested this app on an iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.3 (now 14.4) and had no problems at all.

• @Aegersmoothie said:
    I bought the app and it doesn't work as auv3 in aum on my ipad air 2 with ios 10, it freezes aum when I'm launching it

Is there a reason why you haven’t updated? Like @Samu said, an Air2 is fine for the latest.
    Is there any apps or anything you are concerned about losing?

• Lots and lots of things have been fixed for AUv3's since iOS 10. I'm surprised you don't have a lot of other problems @Aegersmoothie.

• I feel bad saying this as it is so cheap but I am underwhelmed by this app. I find the choice of FX a bit basic for live sound mangling (which is what the XY pads are good for). I’m also getting crackles but I’m sure that will get resolved in time.

• edited January 2021

not working excluding existing presets some fx tweakable but not from default state wtf

• @Emanresu said:
    not working excluding existing presets some fx tweakable but not from default state wtf

Are you remembering to turn the wet/dry mix up? The FX default to 0% wet.

• @Emanresu said:

you right i didn't realize it slider type knob thanks

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @israelite when LIVE is enabled the effect is workink as long as you keep pressing your finger on the x-y pad or the mix slider. When you release the touch the effect will be bypassed; it may be useful for temporary applying the effect

Thanks for explaining. That's a very useful feature! And if I am allowed to make a request: would be great to have more "aggressive" filter. Like bringing it from the basement to the dance floor one knob DJ effect. You know what I mean?
    So far I have noticed it affects the sound in more or less minimal way.

• @gusgranite said:
    I feel bad saying this as it is so cheap but I am underwhelmed by this app. I find the choice of FX a bit basic for live sound mangling (which is what the XY pads are good for). I’m also getting crackles but I’m sure that will get resolved in time.

I was thinking the same thing. After playing around with it for a while I put it back in its box. I can’t really imagine the scenario when I’ll be thinking that I will need to get it out again.
    That’s the beauty of the £2.99 price tag I suppose. It is just inside that impulse/disposable/less than a coffee/just buy it and see what I get sort of range for many people.
    Do you rememberer getting lucky bags as a kid?

• @Samu said:

@Aegersmoothie said:

If you plan to use AUv3's a lot it's advisable to update to more recent version of iPadOS.
    I beta tested this app on an iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.3 (now 14.4) and had no problems at all.

I have ipad pro 2017 with ios 13 also. Reason I bought sEGments FX - it was compatible with my older device. I have no problem at all with ios 10. Ios 13 is much less stable and has problems with sudden cpu spikes due to difference in sample rates of different apps (most of them 44.1, but native sample rate is 48, so it introduces resampling, which is not very stable in AUM, for example)

@robosardine said:

@Aegersmoothie said:

Is there a reason why you haven’t updated? Like @Samu said, an Air2 is fine for the latest.

I perform live with this ipad, it runs stable and with no hiccups and there's no advantage in updating ios, only risk of degrading performance and mentioned resampling problem.

Is there any apps or anything you are concerned about losing?

Yes, alchemy at least and launchpad projects, which will not survive the update (done that on the other device)

I thought dev of sEGments FX is somewhere in this thread, so I decided to post my issue. Whole point of buying it was ios 10 in compatibility list.

• @Aegersmoothie I already downloaded the ios10 simulator (unfortunately I haven't a device with it)...but the last XCode has soooo many issues. I downloaded the package but I wont' install, simply when I press to install it does nothing! Anyway I'll definetely check what happens there