Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 Desktop Plugins/Samples Sales List

Comments

• Atlas 2 flash sale until 25 October, 30% off:

https://algonaut.audio/

• edited October 2021

One last question to the IK-Promo-Deal-Experts in this thread:

What about the difference between the modules in Mixbox and T-rack?

Some modules look the same?
    Do they sound the same?

Do I need all modules in both apps? Or is it enough to grab “all” modules split up on both apps?

Sometimes I see less knobs in Mixbox than in T-Rack - so is T-Rack offering the better sound/more functionality?

• @Bon_Tempi said:

Do they sound the same?

Do I need all modules in both apps? Or is it enough to grab “all” modules split up on both apps?

Sometimes I see less knobs in Mixbox than in T-Rack - so is T-Rack offering the better sound/more functionality?

Workflow is the main difference. MixBox is intended as a workhorse that's quick and easy to set up. T-Racks sometimes offer extra options per processor and mid-side processing. The other thing of note is that T-Racks provides standalone plugins and some feature oversampling.

On the face of things, one would say that T-Racks is the better option of the two (it's also far more expensive for the maxed-out version), but MixBox is far better for effect chains. MixBox came about as an answer to Slate Digitals virtual effect rack (and PSP have their own popular effect rack too).

If you can afford the maxed out T-Racks you'll end up with MixBox too as part of the group buy. If you need to save money MixBox is very good in its own right and provides most of what are considered premium modules (you pay extra for) in T-Racks.

• @jonmoore said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

Do they sound the same?

Workflow is the main difference. MixBox is intended as a workhorse that's quick and easy to set up. T-Racks sometimes offer extra options per processor and mid-side processing. The other thing of note is that T-Racks provides standalone plugins and some feature oversampling.

On the face of things, one would say that T-Racks is the better option of the two (it's also far more expensive for the maxed-out version), but MixBox is far better for effect chains. MixBox came about as an answer to Slate Digitals virtual effect rack (and PSP have their own popular effect rack too).

If you can afford the maxed out T-Racks you'll end up with MixBox too as part of the group buy. If you need to save money MixBox is very good in its own right and provides most of what are considered premium modules (you pay extra for) in T-Racks.

Ok - cool - thanks for the advice*

• Brainworx master desk for $39.99:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_masterdesk.html

With code :MASTER3999

+VAT.

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@jonmoore said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

Do they sound the same?

Ok - cool - thanks for the advice*

Just to add to the confusion, you can run T-Racks fx chains using the T-Racks Suite plugin the same as for the standalone app with parallel and serial chains possible.

In the short time I’ve had them I tend to use MixBox for creative fx and t-racks for mixing and mastering. There is overlap but they feel different in use.

• Plugin Alliance user survey voucher takes $25 off any $39 spend USERSURVEY21QFK8H0T9

• edited October 2021

And another IK question: Buying the iRig HD2 got me into the 99 tier, but it also came included with one freebie (out of a selection of five). I’m debating whether I should get T-RackS 5SE or SampleTank 4SE. I’m leaning towards T-RackS, but any input would be appreciated please. For reference, the other options are Modo Drums or Bass, or Miroslav Philharmonik.

• @Vip8888 i would go for T-Racks, i personally dont like sampletank, too convoluted, UI is confusing.

• anyone have any good recs for amplitube add ons? im generally looking for quirky / indie / pop tones .nothing too heavy or metal.

• @zah top tier , ive got 4 credits left

• BTW- IK have been very good about letting me change some of my choices after the fact. Let them know what you’d like to return and they’ll rescind the license and free up the slot to choose again.

• @aaronpc said:
    BTW- IK have been very good about letting me change some of my choices after the fact. Let them know what you’d like to return and they’ll rescind the license and free up the slot to choose again.

Oh, that’s interesting, I’m literally right now reconfiguring my studio space so that my old Mac Pro is the music desk machine, s getting into the IK stuff has forced the realisation that the (newer) windows laptop just isn’t really up to the kind of sound production I’m after - intermittent crackling at all buffer sizes that just disappeared the second I loaded the same plugins on the Mac…

• @shinyisshiny said:
    anyone have any good recs for amplitube add ons? im generally looking for quirky / indie / pop tones .nothing too heavy or metal.

I'd look at the Orange and Fender collections for cleaner/crunchier tones rather than all out distortion. You get a lot of amps/cabs with each. Should keep you going for a while with just one of those :-)

The fender collection comes with a lot of extras (mics/stomps/racsk, etc)... Worth checking out what you get in collections in the Custom Shop too to see if it fits with your preferences.

• @klownshed said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    anyone have any good recs for amplitube add ons? im generally looking for quirky / indie / pop tones .nothing too heavy or metal.

I'd look at the Orange and Fender collections for cleaner/crunchier tones rather than all out distortion. You get a lot of amps/cabs with each. Should keep you going for a while with just one of those :-)

The fender collection comes with a lot of extras (mics/stomps/racsk, etc)... Worth checking out what you get in collections in the Custom Shop too to see if it fits with your preferences.

I agree with the Fender collections and Orange collection suggestions. Also you can try before you buy. And one of the Orange amps was a freebie, not sure if it still is.

• @aaronpc said:
    BTW- IK have been very good about letting me change some of my choices after the fact. Let them know what you’d like to return and they’ll rescind the license and free up the slot to choose again.

Hmmm, I wonder if they’d let me trade all the Synthtronic synths I picked up for an Uno and Mixbox… I’d even take an overall “loss” with my freebies. 😂

• Plugin Alliance's Maag Audio EQ4 on sale

$229->$29.99 with voucher MAAGEQ42999 until October 24th at 11:59 pm Cali Time.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/maag_eq4.html

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Plugin Alliance's Maag Audio EQ4 on sale

$229->$29.99 with voucher MAAGEQ42999 until October 24th at 11:59 pm Cali Time.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/maag_eq4.html

I'm sure it's good stuff (I don't know it), but the marketing text on the page is absolute trash: "Everybody is raving about the EQ4’s legendary AIR Band" :)

• Free sample pack Wicked Drum Hits 2 (usually $22) from Black Octopus Sound courtesy of VSTbuzz code. 100mb. You do have to add some info on both vstbuzz (to get the code) and black Octopus (to get the pack free) unless you already have an account set up with both sites. Really good pack though, just went through the process. Expires in 16 days.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/free-wicked-drum-hits-2-by-black-octopus-sound/

• @ervin 😁i actually have / do rave about the EQ4's Air band. its great

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @ervin 😁i actually have / do rave about the EQ4's Air band. its great

That's fantastic! 👍 Good on you, mate. The description might actually be spot on then. Out of interest, do you also "have access to every EQ ever made [and still] demand the EQ4 for vocals"?

• @ervin 😂that i cant say i do. too funny. jokes aside, the eq 4 is a very musical eq. its not for everything, but i love it for coloring elements in my mixes.

• @ervin said:

@shinyisshiny said:

That's fantastic! 👍 Good on you, mate. The description might actually be spot on then. Out of interest, do you also "have access to every EQ ever made [and still] demand the EQ4 for vocals"?

It’s a great eq with limited choices that work really well, and the air band really is something special. I haven’t used the hardware but I understand it’s amazing and the plug-in is a very accurate model of the hardware. The air band is very easy to overuse, a little goes a long way with it.

• @mrufino1 i used the hardware for a while at my old studio. the plugin comes very close

• edited October 2021

@mrufino1 said:

@ervin said:

@shinyisshiny said:

It’s a great eq with limited choices that work really well, and the air band really is something special. I haven’t used the hardware but I understand it’s amazing and the plug-in is a very accurate model of the hardware. The air band is very easy to overuse, a little goes a long way with it.

I’ll second this. It’s a great EQ for helping something shine through a mix, especially with the air band.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @mrufino1 i used the hardware for a while at my old studio. the plugin comes very close

Wow, very cool! That’s a piece of hardware I’d love to have someday. I believe it is a parallel eq, isn’t it? Or at least the air band is.

• I like the Maag, but ever since Kush released their Claraphonic EQ in plugin form the Maag sees less use.

https://thehouseofkush.com/products/clariphonic-dsp-mkii

BTW it's another parallel EQ that excels at lifting the mid highs and highs without introducing harshness. Particularly good on non-synth parts - e.g. acoustic instruments and suchlike.

• don't know if this has been said already, iZotope is giving away Ozone Elements for free atm, offer ends on monday