Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

O.T.: An extraordinarily dark day in American history...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Only four days until Joe Biden brings us sugar and tea and rum.

• edited January 16

Thanks for this link. I just read this whole powerful article.

Once the door to the crazy is opened, it’s so hard to close again.

And even for the “regular” non-militia Republicans...it’s so hard to turn back after having gone so far down the road.

Renouncing Trump, even at this point, requires renouncing their entire worldview. And their whole circle of friends and social world. Even for those that are personally decent to others (but failingly comfortable with vile behavior from their chosen leaders) its just a bridge too far.

As Dear Leader likes to say...Sad!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Only four days until Joe Biden brings us sugar and tea and rum.

And fluffy unicorns.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

And fluffy unicorns.

Hey, I'll taken 'em. RIght now I'm worn down to my unicorn nub etc.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

and a semblance of sanity and decorum

• @BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

And fluffy unicorns.

Then he’s gonna kick the bucket and we’ll have the first black female president, which was the plan all along. Then we all can have a party and die because we’ve seen it all (because she’s going to come out of the closet at the inauguration).

• @cian said:

Do you disagree that racism continues to be a significant problem?

I'm not arguing about whether racism is a significant problem, I'm just saying that at least for the Trumpers that I know (and unfortunately I know a lot) it's really not what motivates them. You could solve race tomorrow and they'd still be angry about single gender goldfish occupying the white house or something. Most of what they believe is bullshit and I don't know what motivates it honestly. It's not teribly rational. Are they racist? Sure. Is that why they support Trump. Not really, I mean it doesn't hurt, but it's not what gets them out of bed.

Nothing in what you just said implies that racism is not currently a major factor in the current coalition that provides a point of coalescence. Yes, if racism went away, they would find other grievances AND that would mean that the actual people in the coalition would shift.

The GOP is where it is because of the coalition that they built. And currently, a binding factor is racism and xenophobia with a strong dose of misogyny.

The racism has become increasingly overt -- which has normalized it -- which amplifies it. When racism becomes widely accepted, more people will act on it than during eras where it is less acceptable. Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, these people are major figures with lots of eyeballs and they have ramped it up.

What do you think conservatism is? It's the defense of power and privilege. They'll tell you all kinds of bullshit along the way, but if they need to start a riot to steal an election (Bush), or to become mayor (Guilani's cop riot in New York) then they'll do that. 60 years ago these people were murdering black people to defend their rights.

Conservatism isn't a single thing -- but in the Trump years it has dropped much of its pretense of being about social liberty (which was always a joke) and fiscal responsibility (also always a joke but until their trillion dollar tax cut for the rich that caused the deficit to skyrocket, they made a pretense of believing in it). What was left was discrimination and hatred of the other. At a time of decreased immigration they stoked up fears of the U.S. being invaded by foreign cultures.

Racism has become more acceptable in the mainstream than ever before.

>

Roy Moore would have been soundly rejected by national GOP figures when he talked about things being better when slavery existed. But, you can say that now and still get the support of the national party.

I don't think this is true and ignores how racist America was in the 80s. What I think you're mistaking is that a lot of this stuff has become more visible (and consequently harder for racists to dodge). A lot of this stuff used to be said in private, but is now exposed in public. A lot of things used to be okay (police violence against black people), and now that people have turned against them Republican are forced to publicly defend them. Generally people are now more aware of the complexities of US racism, and so there's more coverage of it. That's progress, even if it's a rather uncomfortable one.

There are also lots of areas in the US now where it's completely unacceptable to be even slightly racist and you can see all kinds of moderate conservatives and right wing liberals (mostly white guys) get really nervous about it. Hence 'cancel culture'.

I don't know what to say. You are providing that facts that back up what I am saying. My point was -- and you confirm -- racism has become more acceptable -- which was my point. They don't feel the need to keep it secret.

I am not ignoring how racist the U.S. was in the 80s -- and have said nothing to indicate that. My point is -- and there is a wealth of data to back this up: racism/antisemitism/xenophobia have become more socially acceptable than it has been in decades. I would say that as racist as things were under Reagan -- it is far worse and far more overt. During the Reagan-era, people tried to hide their racism. For a whole host of reasons, racism has become publicly acceptable among a wider swath of society than it was for decades.

It is a fact. And the number of aggressive and micro-aggressive acts of racism/antisemitism/xenophobia have grown.

Perhaps, you live sheltered from this by being in South Carolina -- where overt racism may not have changed much by virtue of being one of the most racists states of the union.

Oddly, at the same time that racism has made a public resurgence, there are more people than ever before that identify it as a problem.

This will probably drive the tension between anti-racists and racists for decades. The viewpoints are irreconciable. So, those that are not comfortable with multi-culturalism will feeel a need to find anyway possible to maintain a voice in policy.

• Is multi-culturalism even a thing any more? Seems to me everything is cultural appropriation....

• @Max23 said:

@supadom said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

And fluffy unicorns.

Then he’s gonna kick the bucket and we’ll have the first black female president, which was the plan all along. Then we all can have a party and die because we’ve seen it all (because she’s going to come out of the closet at the inauguration).

wouldn't be a bad thing.
    we had a gay foreign minister, I laughed my ass off every time I saw him in places like Iran. (obviously he didn´t bring his husband) ^^

I can imagine taking your same sex husband to Iran wouldn’t have a positive diplomatic effect.

• edited January 16
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @supadom said:

@Max23 said:

@supadom said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

And fluffy unicorns.

wouldn't be a bad thing.
    we had a gay foreign minister, I laughed my ass off every time I saw him in places like Iran. (obviously he didn´t bring his husband) ^^

I can imagine taking your same sex husband to Iran wouldn’t have a positive diplomatic effect.

Hey, why not? What is wrong with you! Those people with their amazing culture are considered being among the precious. Regardless if they are at home or here among us in our countries in great number. They are one of the most important pillars of multiculturalism. Tolerance, peace, equality, unlimited empathy and intelligence. And basically all that great stuff important today, they just have it, naturally. That is why humanists all around the globe LOVE them as much as the maybe 3-4 other ethnical groups they manage to love. Out of so many diverse groups that exist and that mainstream humanists hate.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Is multi-culturalism even a thing any more? Seems to me everything is cultural appropriation....

What does what you said even mean?

Yes, multi-culturalism is still a thing. Some people are comfortable living in a community with people that share different beliefs and cultural backgrounds and don't feel that their identity is threatened by such. Some people don't feel that white European culture needs to be the dominant one in the U.S -- and don't feel that society is made weaker when culture changes in response to those influences.

Cultural appropriation is another issue entirely.

• edited January 16
  • @espiegel123 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Is multi-culturalism even a thing any more? Seems to me everything is cultural appropriation....

Yes, multi-culturalism is still a thing. Some people are comfortable living in a community with people that share different beliefs and cultural backgrounds and don't feel that their identity is threatened by such. Some people don't feel that white European culture needs to be the dominant one in the U.S -- and don't feel that society is made weaker when culture changes in response to those influences.

What I mean is how can culture change for the better if some influences are off limits and attempts to adopt/adapt them are attacked as being cultural appropriation?

• edited January 17
  • edited January 17
  • @BiancaNeve said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

What I mean is how can culture change for the better if some influences are off limits and attempts to adopt/adapt them are attacked as being cultural appropriation?

Huh?

You are confusing multiculturalism and the issues of cultural appropriation.

In many parts of the country, people of different cultures live together and the people living there don’t feel threatened by it and don’t feel like their culture is the “correct” or true culture. In those parts of the country, people don’t feel that the country is made worse when the amount of Western European influence declines. They don’t view white Americans or farmers or Christians as somehow more American than people that aren’t those things.

——-

The issue of cultural appropriation isn’t about being influenced by other cultures, it has to do with taking ideas and work of disempowered peoples and claiming them as your own and profiting from them (when the people the ideas were taken from have not profited at all) and taking credit for them.

• edited January 17
  • @Max23 said:

@espiegel123 said: The issue of cultural appropriation isn’t about being influenced by other cultures, it has to do with taking ideas and work of disempowered peoples and claiming them as your own and profiting from them (when the people the ideas were taken from have not profited at all) and taking credit for them.

this is mega lame
    every word you say isn't your own creation.
    uh I'm exploiting things by opening my mouth :D
    absurd

uh im exploiting Bach every time I play c minor. :D

uh someone painted a picture before I did, now I need to credit every painter in the history of mankind. :D

uh elvis isnt suppossed to sing the blues. :D :s

get real.
    cultural appropriation is a cultural ghetto. yuck

culture belongs to everybody :)

I am sorry Max. You are way off-base with both what is meant by cultural appropriation and the history behind the issue. As I wrote earlier .. and have mentioned in other conversations with you... it is not about influence.

I think it is easy for white Europeans to have no idea of the social and economic impact that intellectual theft (not influence) has had on artists who had no access to the marketplace but whose work was generated huge profits for decades for people that simply repackaged that work and presented it as their own with access to a marketplace to which the creators were denied.

There is a difference between influence and theft.

In addition to the economic impact, there is a social impact. One hears white supremacists talk about the superiority of European culture to other cultures completely unaware how the music they listen to is largely the fruit of non-European and non-white influences.

• edited January 17
  • @Max23 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Max23 said:

@espiegel123 said: The issue of cultural appropriation isn’t about being influenced by other cultures, it has to do with taking ideas and work of disempowered peoples and claiming them as your own and profiting from them (when the people the ideas were taken from have not profited at all) and taking credit for them.

this is mega lame
    absurd

uh someone painted a picture before I did, now I need to credit every painter in the history of mankind. :D

get real.

I am sorry Max. You are way off-base with both what is meant by cultural appropriation and the history behind the issue. As I wrote earlier .. and have mentioned in other conversations with you... it is not about influence.

I think it is easy for white Europeans to have no idea of the social and economic impact that intellectual theft (not influence) has had on artists who had no access to the marketplace but whose work was generated huge profits for decades for people that simply repackaged that work and presented it as their own with access to a marketplace to which the creators were denied.

In addition to the economic impact, there is a social impact. One hears white supremacists talk about the superiority of European culture to other cultures completely unaware how the music they listen to is largely the fruit of non-European and non-white influences.

lol, nope
    they all play the same scale
    hello bach
    where is that popular music that isnt temperate 12 tone? ;)

Sorry Max, there is more to music than the tuning system.

• edited January 17
  • @Max23 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Max23 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Max23 said:

this is mega lame
    absurd

get real.

lol, nope
    they all play the same scale
    hello bach
    where is that popular music that isnt temperate 12 tone? ;)

Sorry Max, there is more to music than the tuning system.

what do you mean? rhythm?
    that isnt much music its just a beat

If you really feel that rhythm and structure and harmony aren’t equal partners, you are missing out on a lot..also if you don’t recognize the richness of various styles and eras of composition and orchestration., I don’t know what to say.

It is hard for me to believe that you really believe all music is the same and that creators shouldn’t be entitled to profit fairly from their creations or be given credit.

If you think jazz sounds the same as baroque music, that’s your loss.

• @Max23 said:
    "that creators shouldn’t be entitled to profit fairly from their creations or be given credit."

so people dont buy your stuff. bad luck. go cut your ear off. ;)

Not what I said or relevant to what I said. It is hard for me to see how your response is germane to anything that I said.

You are the person that argued that the distinguishing characteristic of music is the intonation system and dismissed rhythm as being important.

• Max just ejaculates words and when it is pointed out that they make no sense, his response is always the same: LOL.

This discussion has been closed.