Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figue updated

New in version 1.6

Share directly to Facebook and Twitter - Share your music creations with your friends! Figure can now share your tracks directly to Facebook and Twitter from within the app. Sharing a track creates a preview player right on your Facebook timeline or as a link from Twitter.

New drum kits - You can never have too many sounds. Figure 1.6 comes with three brand new drum kits to enjoy: Code, Sonny and Boom Bap.

Comments

• Would of been nice if they add IAA and a iPad version for users who use docks and interfaces with their device

• Not sure what he means above about the iPad interface thing - the app is universal, so I assume it's some type of MIDI controller problem...

Figure is a great app - I think the walls are starting to come down on what constitutes "real" music production items on iOS. To some people, using an iPad to play an instrument is always going to be a bastardized version of the real thing. But since we all know it can be a serious tool when used properly, which not emphasize control methods like slider bars and timed automization that actually WORK on a flat piece of glass, as opposed to pretending like you are playing an actual piano.

I remember coming from violin and picking up a guitar the first time - I thought that guitar tablature was "cheating" because you weren't reading the real notes. Then you realize that no only is guitar tab more popular than sheet music for guitar, it also makes sense for the way you actually use a guitar fretboard. Similarly, apps like Figure and ThumbJam actually make an effort to find the appropriate "language" for playing music on your particular device.

The three new drum tracks sound great - in a similar vein with the existing sounds. I didn't "expect" any new free content in a 99 cent app, but that's what good developers do.

• I think iPad version is relating to landscape orientation.

• I love this app! Along with AB2 I'm makin quick beats while walkin my kid to school and it's less than 10mins away.

@stormjh1 great post

And yes my only complaint is the lack of a better landscape mode for ipad. But it's a small complaint.

• edited April 2014

@SpookyZoo I am speaking about landscape mode and yes you are right, landscape mode today is a must in music apps, since most users have ipad docks and audio interfaces .

@stormjh1 don't get me wrong, I love Figure ,it's a very inspiring app, I always come back to it. As you can see my only complain is IAA and landscape mode.

• Figure was my very first music app. It got me hooked on iOS music making apps.

I really hope Propellerheads will add IAA to Thor.

• @firejan82 said:

You and me both. This wonderful synth is languishing. I asked the developer over twitter if an update to Thor was coming and he did not respond. Really disappointing because I really Thor!

• edited April 2014

@papertiger

hehe, I saw that and I was checking if he would answer. I also kind of asked him about three weeks ago, but his response didn't really imply if they plan to add it or not..:(

• edited April 2014

@djjuniorpops said:

@stormjh1 don't get me wrong, I love Figure ,it's a very inspiring app, I always come back to it. As you can see my only complain is IAA and landscape mode.

Was not in response to you - just riffing in general appreciation for Figure. IAA support and landscape mode (I often find myself turning the iPad akwardly in and out of my DAW) are completely valid suggestions.

@papertiger said:

@firejan82 said:

You and me both. This wonderful synth is languishing. I asked the developer over >twitter if an update to Thor was coming and he did not respond. Really disappointing >because I really Thor!

I agree! About 30 seconds after hearing the synths in Figure (which are derived from Thor), I posted somewhere "I'm definitely checking out Thor!" But based on the slightly higher price, concerns about my iPad2 keeping up with it (which happens on less demanding synths), and the lack of frequent support, I've stayed away for now.

• edited April 2014

That's a major draw back with the developers of apps , in today's iOS world it's best the developers stay in touch with their users , what are their request and implement the most practical ones.

It has been months, nearly a year since any update from Thor, a top synth like Thor and no IAA as yet. What a major let down for a app like Thor, all other major iOS synth have IAA .

Hope they reading our post and would do better.

I also ask the developer on twitter, he said they working on updates and a new app. Wonder what that app would be , let's hope it's Reason for Ipad or Kong Drum

• @djjuniorpops said:

What a major let down for a app like Thor, all other major iOS synth have IAA .

well, there's also Animoog and Sunrizer

I also ask the developer on twitter, he said they working on updates and a new app. Wonder what that app would be , let's hope it's Reason for Ipad or Kong Drum

now, that's super exciting

• True I forget about AniMoog and Sunrizer. Developers for AniMoog and Sunrizer take note.
    See quote from Kella

@kallepa: @djjuniorpops Woulnd’t be very long, though. We’re working on stuff, both updates and new apps. We’re not exactly sitting on our hands. :-)

• @djjuniorpops said:

See quote from Kella

@kallepa: @djjuniorpops Woulnd’t be very long, though. We’re working on stuff, both updates and new apps. We’re not exactly sitting on our hands. :-)

I will believe it when I see it. It may be elitist, but it's aggravating to see a proper synth like Thor be ignored while something like Figure gets attention. . .

And yes, I know it's a money thing, I know Figure is more popular, etc. But still...HMPH!

• Don't really care about IAA but landscape would be awfully nice. I don't even mind everything being sideways in Figure but the hit target is off a bit unless you come at the screen from the 'right' angle due to iOS' parallax compensation or whatever it's called.

I mean, whatever, 99 cents. Thanks for the new free sounds!