Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - January 2021

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Softly you just looked at me
    A glance that I held nervously
    The softest eyes
    I felt so paralysed

Slow down the passing day
    Stop time and run away
    The moment's here for us to fly
    For us to disappear

The moment you smiled softly
    To light a fire inside of me
    Delicious flame
    As you make your claim

Stop time and run away
    For us to disappear

• encenc
    edited January 2021

Getting a James vibe from the vocal on this. Nice airy mix. Nice job Rich B)

• @enc said:
    Getting a James vibe from the vocal on this. Nice airy mix. Nice job.

Thanks!

• And now fir something completely different... cover of the soul sonic force, planet rock. (Hope covers are allowed)
    Sorry , no iOS on this ...all hardware

• @enc said:
    And now fir something completely different... cover of the soul sonic force, planet rock. (Hope covers are allowed)

Very nice, it actually has more energy than the original and the vocoded vocals sound great. It's a good muscular sounding production with some lovely meaty bass.

• Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Christmas Dub Soundpack for this one.

It’s titled Isle of Lost Toys.

• @richardyot said:

@enc said:
    And now fir something completely different... cover of the soul sonic force, planet rock. (Hope covers are allowed)

, it actually has more energy than the original

thanks Rich, on first listen it does sound faster than the original but its exact same BPM.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Christmas Dub Soundpack for this one.

Very nice chilled, trippy dub! could imagine this with some reggae drums in the mix.

• I recently started an ongoing journey, piecing together fragments of my childhood and youth memories. I published a playlist that will get updated with new songs (=memories) over the next months. This is the latest addition:

• edited January 2021

I wish everybody a year full of new musics and share!

To begin here is a track from the new Guska-Kitusai's album ghost-city.

https://guska.bandcamp.com/track/ghost-city-infirmary-blues

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Christmas Dub Soundpack for this one.

Nice chill atmosphere, Sunday morning comedown.

• @Janka said:
    I recently started an ongoing journey, piecing together fragments of my childhood and youth memories. I published a playlist that will get updated with new songs (=memories) over the next months. This is the latest addition:

Nice ethereal textures, the track floats by like a late morning daydream.

• @Kitusai said:

A good collage of sounds and instruments, and I like the way that there seems to be two quite different moods clashing in the track. Love the throaty sax.

• So we didn't produce a whole lot of original music last year but we did enter a competition on the HP42 YouTube channel. They provided a number of different versions of a vocal and the drums and we had to come up with the music. This was during lock down 1but the song is still pretty relevant now in lock down 3. This is an updated version with my wife doing all of the vocals. Stay safe.

• @richardyot Nice tune, I like the laid back vibe, the overall atmosphere and the mellotron.

@enc Yeah :), reminds me of a lot of b-boying events we visited. Would have worked great there.

@DavidEnglish Nice choice of samples and effects. I like how the different layers interact. I don’t know the app you used, did you mix it completely live?

@Kitusai Wow, nice one. I like this stomping groove. Nice sax sound, also.

• @orchardman said:
    So we didn't produce a whole lot of original music last year but we did enter a competition on the HP42 YouTube channel. They provided a number of different versions of a vocal and the drums and we had to come up with the music. This was during lock down 1but the song is still pretty relevant now in lock down 3. This is an updated version with my wife doing all of the vocals. Stay safe.

Great job on the arrangement, it's got an epic vibe to it and it flows really well, from the gentle piano intro with the humming to the heavy-hitting finale. The guitar breaks are really enjoyable and melodic as well.

• edited January 2021

This is a cool site I love the music people make! I am a noob at iPhone music, will post tracks soon I hope

• @cargosofdoom said:
    This is a cool site I love the music people make! I am a noob at iPhone music, will post tracks soon I hope

Welcome, we look forward to hearing them!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

The softest eyes
    I felt so paralysed

Stop time and run away
    For us to disappear

Delicious flame
    As you make your claim

Stop time and run away
    For us to disappear

Great song and nice production. One of your best. I loved the piano sound. What did you use?

• @enc said:

I don’t know the original version so I am coming to this fresh. Great production, with lots of energy. I loved some of the retro synth sounds. Great video too.

• @DavidEnglish said:

Great stuff. A nice chilled vibe for a cold snowy January morning. I have actually got this sound pack so it’s really interesting to hear someone who knows what they are doing with LaunchPad do something really creative with it.

• @Janka said:
    I recently started an ongoing journey, piecing together fragments of my childhood and youth memories. I published a playlist that will get updated with new songs (=memories) over the next months. This is the latest addition:

So we woke up to our first snow this winter here in South Wales so it’s a good time to comment on your piece. Great production and lots of interesting sounds. Ultimately I always feel a little disappointed when I hear this type of textural soundscape as they always sound like an introduction to something bigger and I keep wanting the melody to come in.

• @Kitusai said:

As usual from you it’s something unique and sonically interesting. Not one of my favourites of yours though. Perhaps it’s a case of too much sax 😀

• @orchardman said:

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

The softest eyes
    I felt so paralysed

Stop time and run away
    For us to disappear

Delicious flame
    As you make your claim

Stop time and run away
    For us to disappear

Great song and nice production. One of your best. I loved the piano sound. What did you use?

Thx, the piano is Ravenscroft with a smidge of Virsyn AudioReverb, I used a digital piano as a controller.

• @richardyot Beautiful peaceful piece. Really moving since the opening piano chords. Un excellent cru.

@enc Herbie Hancock meets Kraftwerk who meets HAL. Well done.

@DavidEnglish Does it makes sense if I say Laid-back electronic downbeat music? I like this slow mystery atmosphere. A bit sad maybe which is not bad.

@janka 2001 space odyssey act II. Well done.

@orchardman my preferred singer is back again with her one multi-instrumentiste top rocker. For our pleasure. I don’t know why each time I listen to you I have memories from Jefferson Airplane. Not at all a direct filiation but some flavors. Excellent.

• @Janka said:

@DavidEnglish I don’t know the app you used, did you mix it completely live?

Yes, it's all done live. There are on-off buttons for the individual samples. And you can bring up sliders for the volume levels, which lets you do some simple real-time mixing.

• @richardyot
    I like the understated acoustic feel of this song. It lets the voice and lyrics shine through. The melody and musical progressions are especially strong. This might be a different path that's worth further exploration. I really like this one.

@enc
    I don't know the original version, but this cover has a solid beat, vivid instrumentation, and plenty of variety. It has a catchy melody, too. The lively visuals suit the music and help to push everything forward. Well done.

@Janka
    Cool opening with a snow-like ambient feel. The whole thing works extremely well to convey the sense of wonder and delight in experiencing a first snow. Then it tapers off, just like a sudden snowfall. Very cool.

@Kitusai
    Nice interaction between the melodies and counter-melodies. I like the instrumentation, especially the saxophones. Has a good jazz/blues feel. I also like the fade out with just the bass playing. That's an unexpected touch.

@orchardman
    Once again, I'm really impressed by the production quality of your songs. Everything sounds so clear and well-balanced. The song itself is especially relevant and a great idea for a contemporary romantic ballad. Of your monthly songs, this is my favorite one so far.

• Hi !
    My submission for this month is a remix done in collab with a musician found on reddit forums that liked the original track I made, so we've been playing with all this material...

https://www.kissmee.fr/tracks/motoo-saito

• @richardyot I liked the music, clean production, but I really didn't like the voice which sounds false to me.

@enc really cool cover, I really liked the snares and production, just the vocoder sounds a bit "little" on your version, but it's really a detail...

@DavidEnglish smooth vibe, with a video that fits perfectly.

@Janka what a warm sound, my fav track for this month so far !

@orchardman the production sounds a bit weak to me, not too much into the guitar solo, but the voices are good, the structure of the track also !

@Kitusai that's really original, production is great, I liked the mood of it.

• edited January 2021

@crony excellent groove and the work on sounds in really impressive with a lot of breaks and atmospheres. Bravo !