Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please recommend me a screen recorder (with audio) for mac

2»

Comments

• The inbuilt screen recorder works OK once you download Blackhole and follow the instructions you can find in various youtube vids for how to record internal audio on mac with Blackhole

• @Gavinski said:
    A slightly broader but related question:

I want to make a video where I am doing screen recording of both my ipad and desktop screen, the ipad screen recording will also have audio, the Mac screen won't have audio, just need to capture video. I might be using Studiomux to send the audio from the mac to ipad, or may be using my audio interface. It may take several separate takes and then these will be edited into a video. I want the screen recording on the mac and ipad to be synced so that when I press record or stop on the ipad screen recorder, the screen recording on the mac will automatically start and stop in sync. And then that it will be easy to combine these into a simple video with minimal video editing.

Is there a cross platform screen recording app that will allow me to do all the above easily? If not what would be the easiest way. I really don't want to waste much time on video editing, it's not something I enjoy. Cheers!

I think you could just start a Movie Recording in QuickTime, selecting your iPad as the A/V input. Then start a Screen Recording in QuickTime, which will capture whatever is on screen as well. You can also select whatever audio device you'd like to record for the Screen Recording, or none.

• I use TunesKit Screen Recorder from https://www.tuneskit.com/screen-recorder/

to record both audio and video on screen. It even offers an option to record my webcam.

• @vincentyyl said:
    I use TunesKit Screen Recorder from https://www.tuneskit.com/screen-recorder/

to record both audio and video on screen. It even offers an option to record my webcam.

That looks pretty good - I never ended up going down the route of making desktop vids - hard enough to keep up with iOS releases at the moment!

• https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html

Camtasia is the best ever I have used yet. No issues with audio recording through connected audio hardware drivers. Records up to 4K and a perfect timeline editor with many functions.

• I have a real 'love & hate' relationship with OBS (that sh*t is soon going to get deleted for good very soon).

I can perfectly grab the iPad screen over USB but it's really lame it doesn't support audio over IDAM which would make the latency tolerable. (QuickTIme can do it and if OBS used the QuickTIme Frameworks instead of relying on VLC stuff it would likely work as expected, sure it would not work for Linux and Windows but I don't give a flying F about those platforms).

I had hopes that the NDI based stuff would offer lower latency but nah, It might work for 'non realtime' stuff but I can't stand the latency, it takes out all the joy of trying to make tutorials when too much time is spent on syncing tracks and recording to multiple media, nope, that's not for me...

Cheers!