Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    it looks like they are on sale (Syntronik) to the end of the february - see here:
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10389

but anyone knows what is the difference between full, deluxe and deluxe upgrade? :smiley:

Presuming it's the same as PC/Mac:
    Full is the standard Syntronik (as opposed to Syntronik CS) with 17 different synthesizers.
    Deluxe has 5 more - 22 different synthesizers.
    The upgrade is from Full to Deluxe.

Do I understand correctly that having a paid version of "Syntronik" with access to 17 synthesizers, we have no ability to create the presets offered by the FULL version (access to 17 synthesizers) because sounds are sampled / not generated?

I compared the knobs and buttons for 2 different presets in the free Syntronik CS -> "Bark Bass 1" and "Glisten" in the same "Blau" synthesizer. The settings are almost identical, the difference is only in 2 knobs, which I marked in red color on screenshot. After I changed settings that 2 knobs in "Glisten" to the same positions as in "Bark Bass 1" I did not get the "Bark Bass 1" sound. I enclose a comparison below in PNG file:

Right. Syntronik is just a rompler, aka a sample player. Yeah you can change the filter cutoff/envelope settings, but it's not a real synth. Many of the presets are recorded with a filter sweep or another modulation action that you have no control over. It's just a sample player that gives the guise at first glance that you can program anything you want, but you can't (the enormous number of samples is why the app takes up so much space).

• Nice find, @Poppadocrock!

No IAPs???? Are the crazy?!?!?!

• None listed on App Store for either one... I’ll take it. Lol.

Metronome 2 is Free usually $.99. It works in split screen mode.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/metronome-2/id1538268059

• edited February 2021

@oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    it looks like they are on sale (Syntronik) to the end of the february - see here:

but anyone knows what is the difference between full, deluxe and deluxe upgrade? :smiley:

Full is the standard Syntronik (as opposed to Syntronik CS) with 17 different synthesizers.

Do I understand correctly that having a paid version of "Syntronik" with access to 17 synthesizers, we have no ability to create the presets offered by the FULL version (access to 17 synthesizers) because sounds are sampled / not generated?

I compared the knobs and buttons for 2 different presets in the free Syntronik CS -> "Bark Bass 1" and "Glisten" in the same "Blau" synthesizer. The settings are almost identical, the difference is only in 2 knobs, which I marked in red color on screenshot. After I changed settings that 2 knobs in "Glisten" to the same positions as in "Bark Bass 1" I did not get the "Bark Bass 1" sound. I enclose a comparison below in PNG file:

Right. Syntronik is just a rompler, aka a sample player. Yeah you can change the filter cutoff/envelope settings, but it's not a real synth. Many of the presets are recorded with a filter sweep or another modulation action that you have no control over. It's just a sample player that gives the guise at first glance that you can program anything you want, but you can't (the enormous number of samples is why the app takes up so much space).

And if you are searching for a real synth with enormous number of presets, try Synthmaster One. With desktop presets IAP there are around 1250 presets to fiddle with. Plus access to the cloud with user created presets.

• @oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:

You still have a lot of control of the sound though. The different filters make quite the difference for example. I think Syntronik is excellent if you mostly want the sound of those synths and don't care about beeing able to tweek ever detail of the sound. There are better options for that.

• @israelite said:

@oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:

And if you are searching for a real synth with enormous number of presets, try Synthmaster One. With desktop presets IAP there are around 1250 presets to fiddle with. Plus access to the cloud with user created presets.

wait... how to acces the cloud?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@israelite said:

@oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:

You click on the name of the preset where the Preset menu opens and there is an options where it says "Download public presets from the cloud". Beware, there are a lot though, since those include the public presets for the desktop version.

• @FloRi89 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@israelite said:

@oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:

You click on the name of the preset where the Preset menu opens and there is an options where it says "Download public presets from the cloud". Beware, there are a lot though, since those include the public presets for the desktop version.

thanks!

• @oat_phipps said:

@dakti said:

@telecharge said:

@MAtrixplan said:

It’s certainly more than “just a Rompler”. I tend to think of it as a synth, just with a whole range of preset oscilator configurations. It includes the raw waveforms from each of the synths that it covers, as well as more complete patches and you have full control over filter, envelopes, lfo and effects. Sure it can’t do some of the more esoteric synth routings, but then there’s a fair number of full synths that can’t either.

• @FloRi89 said:

Sorry for the OT but quick aside: I keep getting an error message when attempting to download the public presets: “none of the presets were synced successfully”. Plenty of storage on my 2018 iPad Pro with ios14. Anyone encounter and solve this? Thanks.

• @zilld2017 said:

@FloRi89 said:

Sorry for the OT but quick aside: I keep getting an error message when attempting to download the public presets: “none of the presets were synced successfully”. Plenty of storage on my 2018 iPad Pro with ios14. Anyone encounter and solve this? Thanks.

the same @kv331audio_bulent ?

• Potayto potahto

• President's Day sale on Amplitube's Artists collection:

• @MAtrixplan said:

@zilld2017 said:

@FloRi89 said:

I just tried it out, I get the same error :(, seems to be a bug. Cloud syncing my own presets works though.

• @FloRi89 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@zilld2017 said:

@FloRi89 said:

I just tried it out, I get the same error :(, seems to be a bug. Cloud syncing my own presets works though.

Cloud syncing crashes the app on my end.

• @SNystrom said:
    President's Day sale on Amplitube's Artists collection:

Am I the only one to think that it’s an awful idea to have Slash and Dimebag up on a Mount Rushmore of guitarists?

• edited February 2021

@michael_m said:

@SNystrom said:

Am I the only one to think that it’s an awful idea to have Slash and Dimebag up on a Mount Rushmore of guitarists?

IMO, the only “oddball” on that mountain is Slash.

I mean, How that guy managed to end up on an Ozzy Osbourne record I’ll never know! (Has anyone actually heard this?) Sharon must have slipped Ozzy a tranquilizer when those papers were being signed.

Slash is NOT an Ozzy guitarist! Nowhere even close to being in the same ballpark as the guitar gods that came before him.

Randy Rhoads should be up there instead. Or Zakk Wilde... shoot, even Jake E Lee or even Brad Gillis would be a more worthy replacement... IMO

And speaking of legendary guitar gods, where’s Eddie Van Halen?

I could go on.. can you tell I’m not a big Slash fan? lol

• Let’s be honest, the entire Mount Rushmore of guitarists is Prince.

• App called MyIntonation is Free usually $.99. A super tuner that shows all 12 notes and both the average and maximum deviation in cents for each tone. Pretty cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/myintonation/id1528854597

• edited February 2021

@Intrepolicious said:

@michael_m said:

@SNystrom said:

I mean, How that guy managed to end up on an Ozzy Osbourne record I’ll never know! (Has anyone actually heard this?) Sharon must have slipped Ozzy a tranquilizer when those papers were being signed.

Slash is NOT an Ozzy guitarist! Nowhere even close to being in the same ballpark as the guitar gods that came before him.

Randy Rhoads should be up there instead. Or Zakk Wilde... shoot, even Jake E Lee or even Brad Gillis would be a more worthy replacement... IMO

You know Slash is not real right.... He’s based on an old Dutch fable called Vunderslaush. Lol.

• I’m still unsure if @Poppadocrock is saving me money or costing me money

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’m still unsure if @Poppadocrock is saving me money or costing me money

100% costing you money.

• Bastard!!! 😏

@Millwardesque said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

100% costing you money.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Bastard!!! 😏

@Millwardesque said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

100% costing you money.

Lol. You know app addicts like company. Lol.

seriously though since I started following free and sales apps, which was a couple years at least before I posted about them on this forum I’ve gotten so many cool music apps and regular apps for free over the years it’s crazy. Sure the majority end up deleted or rarely used but I’ve gotten so many great apps free. Notability, Zoom Notes, Beathawk... A while back when I only had an iPhone (3-4 years ago) and my PC I would download certain iPad apps that went free on my iTunes/Apps PC App, with plans on one day getting an iPad. Then one day Apple stopped letting you do that. It was around Namm a few years ago when BM3 just came out, cause it was free for NAMM weekend, but an Apple update on pc had stopped that process. I got an iPad a few months later.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all about encouraging developers and development, but I live on a tight budget so I look for deals/sales and try to support them in other ways with reviews, likes, subscriptions, etc... plus I still spend a ton of money on apps. Lol.

• edited February 2021

(Moved to desktop thread)

• I can’t believe BM3 is 3 years old...

• BM3 was an awesome freebie!

Keep up the awesome work, @Poppadocrock! I especially love it when you find a sale on an app that's outside the strictly music realm — but appeals to the creative instincts of the typical forum member.

• @SNystrom said:
    BM3 was an awesome freebie!

Keep up the awesome work, @Poppadocrock! I especially love it when you find a sale on an app that's outside the strictly music realm — but appeals to the creative instincts of the typical forum member.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Yea I like to explore creativity in many forms, even though music is my home base. Glad to hear your enjoying some of those finds. Cheers.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@michael_m said:

@SNystrom said:

You know Slash is not real right.... He’s based on an old Dutch fable called Vunderslaush. Lol.

:D

• @Poppadocrock said:
    App called MyIntonation is Free usually $.99. A super tuner that shows all 12 notes and both the average and maximum deviation in cents for each tone. Pretty cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/myintonation/id1528854597

@Poppadocrock

I heartedly thank you for showing me this app!
    It is fantastic in many ways, very useful if you sing and/or play wind/Brass instrument
    I will use it a lot whenever my lips are resting and when I want to « hear » something I have in
    mind. It helps you reach those high pitched notes and feel the intervals smoothly
    Brilliant app for practicing and acquiring precision
    Thank you so much, really ! 👍👍👍👍👍