Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:
    You know Slash is not real right.... He’s based on an old Dutch fable called Vunderslaush. Lol.

He’s like the Dread Pirate Roberts. It’s just a series of guys hired to wear that top hat with the hair stapled inside.

• @Johnba Definitely, no worries, not many tuning apps show every tone like that, I thought it was interesting and useful. Cheers.

Bass Leveler is $2 off down to $1.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bass-leveler-feel-and-flow/id1533231617

• @boberto said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    You know Slash is not real right.... He’s based on an old Dutch fable called Vunderslaush. Lol.

He’s like the Dread Pirate Roberts. It’s just a series of guys hired to wear that top hat with the hair stapled inside.

Lol. It’s our parents. lol.

• edited February 2021

@dakti said:

Do I understand correctly that having a paid version of "Syntronik" with access to 17 synthesizers, we have no ability to create the presets offered by the FULL version (access to 17 synthesizers) because sounds are sampled / not generated?

I compared the knobs and buttons for 2 different presets in the free Syntronik CS -> "Bark Bass 1" and "Glisten" in the same "Blau" synthesizer. The settings are almost identical, the difference is only in 2 knobs, which I marked in red color on screenshot. After I changed settings that 2 knobs in "Glisten" to the same positions as in "Bark Bass 1" I did not get the "Bark Bass 1" sound. I enclose a comparison below in PNG file:

@oat_phipps said:
    Right. Syntronik is just a rompler, aka a sample player. Yeah you can change the filter cutoff/envelope settings, but it's not a real synth. Many of the presets are recorded with a filter sweep or another modulation action that you have no control over. It's just a sample player that gives the guise at first glance that you can program anything you want, but you can't (the enormous number of samples is why the app takes up so much space).

Thank you @oat_phipps for confirmation and @FloRi89 and @PhilW for additional information. I have nothing against romplers. In this case from my point of view it makes no sense to buy "Syntronik" version with 50 presets. Better is to buy Full or Deluxe IAP directly from Syntronik CS version offering 1650 presets. I launched 1 month subscription to check all the sounds.

@israelite said:
    And if you are searching for a real synth with enormous number of presets, try Synthmaster One. With desktop presets IAP there are around 1250 presets to fiddle with. Plus access to the cloud with user created presets.

Thanks @israelite for recommendation. I use Synthmaster One (with desktop extension) and Synthmaster Player (pro upgrade) for a longer time. Also both full versions of SM are much cheaper than Syntronik full / deluxe IAP. I use Pure Synth Platinum rompler too. Every has a different style of sounds, but to my ear SynthMaster sound the most spacious and rich. (I hope Korg iM1 get AU in near future, including 2 IAP it has a huge base of 3300 presets)

• @dakti said:

@dakti said:

Do I understand correctly that having a paid version of "Syntronik" with access to 17 synthesizers, we have no ability to create the presets offered by the FULL version (access to 17 synthesizers) because sounds are sampled / not generated?

I compared the knobs and buttons for 2 different presets in the free Syntronik CS -> "Bark Bass 1" and "Glisten" in the same "Blau" synthesizer. The settings are almost identical, the difference is only in 2 knobs, which I marked in red color on screenshot. After I changed settings that 2 knobs in "Glisten" to the same positions as in "Bark Bass 1" I did not get the "Bark Bass 1" sound. I enclose a comparison below in PNG file:

@oat_phipps said:
    Right. Syntronik is just a rompler, aka a sample player. Yeah you can change the filter cutoff/envelope settings, but it's not a real synth. Many of the presets are recorded with a filter sweep or another modulation action that you have no control over. It's just a sample player that gives the guise at first glance that you can program anything you want, but you can't (the enormous number of samples is why the app takes up so much space).

Thank you @oat_phipps for confirmation and @FloRi89 and @PhilW for additional information. I have nothing against romplers, but in this case from my point of view it makes no sense to buy "Syntronik" version with 50 presets. Better is to buy Full or Deluxe IAP directly from Syntronik CS version offering 1650 presets. I launched 1 month subscription to check all the sounds.

@israelite said:
    And if you are searching for a real synth with enormous number of presets, try Synthmaster One. With desktop presets IAP there are around 1250 presets to fiddle with. Plus access to the cloud with user created presets.

Thanks @israelite for recommendation. I use Synthmaster One (with desktop extension) and Synthmaster Player (pro upgrade) for a longer time. Also both full versions of SM are much cheaper than Syntronik full / deluxe IAP. I use Pure Synth Platinum rompler too. Every has a different style of sounds, but to my ear SynthMaster sound the most spacious and rich. (I hope Korg iM1 get AU in near future, including 2 IAP it has a huge base of 3300 presets)

Yea you are right, Syntronik only makes sense if you really get the full version to get all the sounds, otherwise you are kind of limited in comparison to other synths.

• edited February 2021

@cazel : haven’t visited this thread for a while, but saw your link to Virsyn Cube Synth, https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/cube-synth/id704213054 saw it was ridiculously cheap, saw it had been updated to play nice in AUM, thought: why not? It’s an incredible thing - easy to use and tweak, randomisers for everything, but deeper than a deep thing being deep if you want it to be. Thanks for the heads up.

Now back to my ‘spirits of dead whales and bees being fed into a meat grinder, based on a PPG choir preset’ noise I’m making... - by holding down just one key! :)

• edited February 2021

@zilld2017 said:

@FloRi89 said:
    You click on the name of the preset where the Preset menu opens and there is an options where it says "Download public presets from the cloud". Beware, there are a lot though, since those include the public presets for the desktop version.

Sorry for the OT but quick aside: I keep getting an error message when attempting to download the public presets: “none of the presets were synced successfully”. Plenty of storage on my 2018 iPad Pro with ios14. Anyone encounter and solve this? Thanks.

@zilld2017, @FloRi89, @MAtrixplan:
    It works fine for me on my iOS 13.4.1. I deleted and installed current SynthMaster One v1.5.3. After apply "Download public presets from the cloud" on iPad appear message to register (name, e-mail, serial). After complete all fields (including serial number - I purchased PC/MAC version) and apply "register" button a new content start download. Next in Bank "Online" were was no presets before register, now I see 355 presets.

• @dakti said:

@zilld2017 said:

@FloRi89 said:
    You click on the name of the preset where the Preset menu opens and there is an options where it says "Download public presets from the cloud". Beware, there are a lot though, since those include the public presets for the desktop version.

Sorry for the OT but quick aside: I keep getting an error message when attempting to download the public presets: “none of the presets were synced successfully”. Plenty of storage on my 2018 iPad Pro with ios14. Anyone encounter and solve this? Thanks.

@zilld2017, @FloRi89, @MAtrixplan:
    It works fine for me on my iOS 13.4.1. I deleted and installed current SynthMaster One v1.5.3. After apply "Download public presets from the cloud" on iPad appear message to register (name, e-mail, serial). After complete all fields (including serial number - I purchased PC/MAC version) and apply "register" button a new content start download. Next in Bank "Online" were was no presets before register, now I see 355 presets.

AHA, now that makes sense. Thanks for the info! I thought those were more though somehow. Hm, am I mixing this up? Anyway, Synthmaster has so many presets, I'm basically drowning in them anyway :D

• Having further questions about the Synthmaster presets, I revived this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/42422/synthmaster-presets

• @Poppadocrock said:

Slash IS real. You're not real! :'(

• edited February 2021

@Johnba said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    App called MyIntonation is Free usually $.99. A super tuner that shows all 12 notes and both the average and maximum deviation in cents for each tone. Pretty cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/myintonation/id1528854597

@Poppadocrock

I heartedly thank you for showing me this app!
    It is fantastic in many ways, very useful if you sing and/or play wind/Brass instrument
    I will use it a lot whenever my lips are resting and when I want to « hear » something I have in
    mind. It helps you reach those high pitched notes and feel the intervals smoothly
    Brilliant app for practicing and acquiring precision
    Thank you so much, really ! 👍👍👍👍👍

Is this showing intonation or tuning for each note? Isn't there something more to intonation?

• @Ailerom said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Lol. You’re parents haven’t told you yet.. I figured it out when I was five. Well then who played at my birthday party? one of our parents, well who played in guns and roses? one of our parents. Lol.

• @Ailerom said:

@Johnba said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    App called MyIntonation is Free usually $.99. A super tuner that shows all 12 notes and both the average and maximum deviation in cents for each tone. Pretty cool.

@Poppadocrock

It is fantastic in many ways, very useful if you sing and/or play wind/Brass instrument
    I will use it a lot whenever my lips are resting and when I want to « hear » something I have in
    mind. It helps you reach those high pitched notes and feel the intervals smoothly

Is this showing intonation or tuning for each note? Isn't there something more to intonation?

There is a lot more to intonation. This app will be helpful to beginning musicians for just getting into the ballpark. Once you some basic technique, then practicing with a drone will become more useful for developing sensitivity to intonation, and you can leave this app behind.

• @Ailerom said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Quote from my old friend who worked as the chef at a high-end rehab clinic, “Slash was here last month, and he was a really nice guy! His wife is here this month, and she’s a bit of a bitch”

I just report the gossip. I don’t make it 😺

• Help, I NEED a sale on something I don't own! 😫 Just...one....more...effect...🥺

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Ailerom said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Quote from my old friend who worked as the chef at a high-end rehab clinic, “Slash was here last month, and he was a really nice guy! His wife is here this month, and she’s a bit of a bitch”

I just report the gossip. I don’t make it 😺

Sounds about right. Although there are a couple of things I like about her.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ailerom said:

@Johnba said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Poppadocrock

There is a lot more to intonation. This app will be helpful to beginning musicians for just getting into the ballpark. Once you some basic technique, then practicing with a drone will become more useful for developing sensitivity to intonation, and you can leave this app behind.

That's what I was thinking. This app is more about your tuning and playing yes?

Although if intonation was out then no playing could make that look good either.

• edited February 2021

Yonac stuff is on sale, all keyboard synths are 50% off. Kauldron for 5,49€. Worth getting?

• The last thing I need is another synth but Kauldron does look pretty tempting!

• @Ailerom said:

@Poppadocrock said:

• @dobbs said:
    Yonac stuff is on sale, all keyboard synths are 50% off. Kauldron for 5,49€. Worth getting?

I really like it! Easy to program, nice ARP section, randomization options and more than 850 presets.....

• @Ailerom said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ailerom said:

@Johnba said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Poppadocrock

Although if intonation was out then no playing could make that look good either.

The challenge for beginners is to tune to a standard. Tuning apps give you an arbitrary standard to try to match. Once you get enough control over technique to be able to play around with microtuning and use that as part of your expressive toolkit, then the arbitrary standard becomes superfluous. At that point practicing with a drone is more productive.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ailerom said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ailerom said:

@Johnba said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Poppadocrock

The challenge for beginners is to tune to a standard. Tuning apps give you an arbitrary standard to try to match. Once you get enough control over technique to be able to play around with microtuning and use that as part of your expressive toolkit, then the arbitrary standard becomes superfluous. At that point practicing with a drone is more productive.

That said, I think an app that uses just intonation as a standard is far more useful for developing your sensitivity to intonation than one that uses 12et.

• @NimboStratus said:
    The last thing I need is another synth but Kauldron does look pretty tempting!

Kauldron is decent, I have every Yonac app, I like them all but not crazy about any. Kaspar is a monster with 8 layers of 3 osc each, it’s up to 24 oscillators of sound, I’ll admit I don’t use it as much as I should but it’s a very powerful synth.

• Tonality is $2 off, one of my favorite apps, down to $3.99.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tonality-piano-guitar-chords/id1467552236

Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro is $5 off down to $14.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mapping-tonal-harmony-pro/id566767002

• @michael_m said:

@Ailerom said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thank you. Lol.

• edited February 2021

has it been mentioned before that geoshred cello is now on sale? just got it. very nice, the octave range goes up pretty far. although in the violin range it doesn't sound very well any more... guess it does make sense that they have a separate violin sim ;)

Tonality is $2 off, one of my favorite apps, down to $3.99.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tonality-piano-guitar-chords/id1467552236

I love how the developer has 2 apps, an app to analyze music and an app to analyze the splattered bugs on your windscreen :D

• @dobbs

The cello is gorgeous.

Lol.