Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamuary 2021

Comments

• @fattigman said:
    Hello!
    I uasually have the intensions to participate in jamuary with a couple of songs but it usually ends up with only one song. I recorded this first thing in the morning today, the first day of the year. No apps this time, just ”real” instruments. I recorded into cubasis.

Ya made me sub you on youtube.

• Felt like getting out of my head for a while this evening:

• Took yesterday's jam with the Digitone and added some Digitakt.

• @slicetwo said:
    Took yesterday's jam with the Digitone and added some Digitakt.

Nice! How do you keep your hands looking so young, or is your avatar a lie.

• Man, all these posts are great! Love all these vibes, very enjoyable listening.
    Here’s a couple of my recent Jamuary jams that I set to video:

I’ve been primarily working in Group The Loop the past week, feeding it with acoustic instruments and a few synth apps. I’m also pushing myself to explore with visual apps more, like Looom and Wizibel, for animated titles and visualizer graphics.
    TouchViZ is on my list to try, any other apps you guys would recommend for spicing up my videos?

• @audiblevideo said:

Nice! How do you keep your hands looking so young, or is your avatar a lie.

Hahaha. Magic! No, the avatar is a lie. It's from that old age photo morphing app from a year or two back. I told my wife that I am going to keep that as my profile picture for everything until the day I actually look like that.

• @3sleeves love the videos man. There should be a special topic for how to make ios music videos. I use lumafushion and staella, staella has some pretty cool effects.

• @echoopera said:
    Here's a second session for #jamuary using the Tracker and iPad:

@echoopera are you sending midi from tracker to ipad? If so, can you send more than one midi note per track/midi channel? I’m thinking about getting either the tracker or op-z. I used to have op-z but back then it was not as stable as it is now.

• edited January 2021

@fattigman said:

@echoopera said:
    Here's a second session for #jamuary using the Tracker and iPad:

@echoopera are you sending midi from tracker to ipad? If so, can you send more than one midi note per track/midi channel? I’m thinking about getting either the tracker or op-z. I used to have op-z but back then it was not as stable as it is now.

Yep. Sending Midi from Tracker to iPad. By default the Tracker allows you to send one note per step. And each step can be assigned to a specific Midi Channel.

In the latest firmware update they allow you to send chords per step via Midi.

What’s cool about the Tracker is that you can send to a specific Midi channel per Step on a single Track. I hope this makes sense. It’s different than the OP-Z which is locked to 1 Midi Channel Per Track.

FWIW, if i were to choose between the two I’d go for the Tracker. The screen is a big help. I love the OP-Z but the hardware issues i have with the buttons make it unusable at times. I get double and sometimes triple trigs when pressing a button. I don’t know if they’ve fixed these QA issues.

• @echoopera thanks, my only concern with tracker is that it doesn’t have swing.

• @fattigman said:
    @echoopera thanks, my only concern with tracker is that it doesn’t have swing.

There isn't a global swing, but you can use MicroMove on a per step basis to add a little human sloppiness to the track.

• I’m doing daily audio sketches on Instagram ( _squarekid ), but I just uploaded a compilation of Week 1 to YouTube:

• Simple Jam featuring AUM, Puresynth, and Koalafx

• @SquareKid , I enjoyed your video / sketches a lot. No idea what all the boxes / buttons do but the end result was very nice.

• edited January 2021

@SquareKid said:
    I’m doing daily audio sketches on Instagram ( _squarekid ), but I just uploaded a compilation of Week 1 to YouTube:

You’re not helping the GAS I’ve been having over the Deluge. Such an amazing little box! Drambo has helped me get over it, but every time I see all those pretty lights 😍

@echoopera

Amazing as always!

@3sleeves @Thepixelproducers @slicetwo @fattigman @auxmux and anyone else I forgot!

You’re all amazing! Keep em coming!

• @GeoTony said:
    @SquareKid , I enjoyed your video / sketches a lot. No idea what all the boxes / buttons do but the end result was very nice.

Thank you!

@Intrepolicious said:
    You’re not helping the GAS I’ve been having over the Deluge. Such an amazing little box! Drambo has helped me get over it, but every time I see all those pretty lights 😍

I just got mine right before Christmas. It’s sooooo good (sorry).

• @SquareKid @Thepixelproducers @slicetwo @echoopera @3sleeves @fattigman @auxmux

great work, everyone! I've been playing your jams as I drink tea and start my day....just the inspiration I needed

• Went a little nutty with parameter locks last night on the Digitone to birth this industrialish thing.

• A chilled out Jam to end the day.

• Many thanks @drewinnit @Intrepolicious for enjoying the tracks. Here’s another for the thread🙏🏼💕

• Some Drambo action going on here. Screen-recording iPad apps is always so boring, so I'm pretending to be a fancy film maker.

• Another day winding down.

• Samplr, Gauss, and Digitakt for the win.

• One more week. Let’s finish Jamuary strong !

• Great jams @Thepixelproducers and @slicetwo !

Here’s my most recent jam, simple and groovy at 75bpm

• Some great stuff on this thread. But how are you posting your screen grabs? I’ve checked out various other threads on how to do this but none the wiser. If I try and post it says format not accepted and file too large. Any help appreciated.

• edited January 2021

• No worries! Got it!

• Slowing things down for this one.