Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sir Sampleton is on sale (25% discount)

Comments

• Thanks! I really like the interface, but what does the app do well? Recording mic sounds and playing them through the device isn't something that really appeals to me. Any presets or other available content?

• it has several free downloadable sound sets that are pretty darn good

• ...if you like short blips and bleeps....

I hate to say it, but I've been very disappointed with this app. The developer said he was going to develop it further and increase the sample length so that longer samples could be used, but there has never been any development since. I remain VERY hopeful that the upcoming Thumbjam release will provide me with the sampling capabilities that I've long hoped for... :-)

• I love this app but it is what it is. Downsamples to 12 bit, samples are short, must record a C or the pitch will be off (no tune/transpose). It does sample via audiobus very very well. I love the sound of this app and it's awful fun to play. It's not Kontact though. It's an SK1 on steroids.

• Yeah, after I spent dough on my Casio SK-1 and 5 I discovered Sir Sampleton... but then I still bought a Sk-8... wth is wrong with me... It's a worthwhile app for the cost though.

I like it.

• It's also 12 part multitimbral.

@shawnLeonhardt I had never even heard of the sk-8!

• Developer here. I used the SK1 in my studio for years, so I made something similar with the few extra features I always wanted.

It actually does have sample tuning and transpose (maybe you're using an old version?) I've never planned for it to have longer sample times, but I do plan to eventually add more bank slots and a Soundfont export so that samples can be used in a DAW.

Working on Audiobus 2 support today.

• edited April 2014

Sorry @paulslocum, forgot that was there! Part of that big last update? Or perhaps I've have not yet let go of the memories of tuning my guitar to synthcart. :)

What does AB2 support mean? Multiout? State Saving?

I would dearly love more slots or easy web import/export of some sort. Perhaps something with the AudioShare SDK where all 12 sounds get strung together first with markers added? Don't know if any of the supported AS formats support enough metadata to store the preset info. @j_liljedahl?

And since I have apparently decided it's random idea time: I'm guessing it would be an awful lot of fun if there was a button to point the beats at the bank's samples. No interest in a load-my-own-drum-sounds type of thing but I love the generator button and would be interested to see what happens with them triggering loaded samples (predefined slots or at random on each press!). I love and hate that the beat that was just generated will be gone forever when I hit it again. So cruel, so wonderful.

• Haha, yeah the Synthcart definitely has no tuning. :)

I'm interested primarily in Audiobus 2 state saving.

That's a great idea about the drums, I'll look into how difficult that would be. Thanks for the AudioShare link, I'll check it out.

• encenc
    edited April 2014

i love sir sampleton ! its simpicity reminds me of a more powerful emu systems emulator.. that had
    128 KB memory good for about two seconds of sampling time...and that's at 8-bit 27 kHz sample rate LOL !! still a cheaper alternative than the fairlight at the time and a snip at 8 grand !!!

• What are you aiming to save?

• Sir Sampleton should let you to save your banks to cassette! Amirite?

• edited April 2014

@syrupcore ...or Zip disks. ;) It looks like I'll probably be able to save pretty much the entire app state except for the actual samples.

@enc The two hardware samplers I've used the most are an Emu Emax II and an SK1. So I was totally thinking about Emu sampler design when I made Sampleton.

• edited April 2014

If entire app state includes generated beats, I'm going to fill my AB sidebar!

I was so excited to get a SCSI zip drive for my S760! Is there a SCSI->CCK yet?

Alan Wilder (depeche mode) emu Pr0n:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TXjhWCQPE#t=38
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jny8hD3Vm2g#t=122

• It will be possible to save the random beat. Most of it's working and the update should be out sometime this week.

• The update is live.

• Excellent thanks @paulslocum

• Thanks @fjcblanco

Don't know about the app, but...best promo video ever?

• edited July 2014

Deleted.

• LMAO! Are we getting to the point where Ronco will be pushing out apps??

• edited July 2014

That was in ref to the Sir Sampleton app....I didn't get quite the same vibe from Galileo...plus they're from NC.....homeboys!

• I'm getting Sir Sampleton as a stocking stuffer for everyone in my family because of that promo video.

• Yes, you're right. Post deleted.