Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 rumors?

124»

Comments

• I agree with MrSmileZ regarding samplers. I would kill for the full version of Alchemy on my iPad... and would love Iris 2 (but really lets make it Iris 3 it's about time) as well. IMO, yes, there are some AMAZING sampler and granular apps (I do love SamplR, Borderlands, FRMS, and Quanta), but I still think chromatic sampler abilities haven't been pushed (or even recreated). As an ambient guy that likes my samples loose and sloppy I can say that I am a little tired (and jealous) of all of the development poured into slice and dice drum loop types of sample apps.

I am super stoked with Alchemy on my iMac (and even more thrilled now that I have started tapping it's MPE abilities!) but wish I wouldn't have to drag a computer with me for my someday-down-the-line live set...

• @MrSmileZ said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Finally a sampler that can outdo the mighty Roland vsynth as far as sample mangling is concerned...
    Roland could do this easily with sampleverse and clean up...let’s see if they do.

Everybody is making GAMECHANGING samplers that don’t change the game period...
    Wayyyyy back when Samplewiz came out, I thought ooooh yea this is going to be awesome...
    Then all the samplers that followed, except for samplr...got lame as poop fudge!

There are ancient hardware samplers out there beating all the hell from these iOS samplers of today.

For instance:

Roland vsynth...nothing even close to representing what this can do in hardware or software period. Causing the original hardware units to sell used for more than they were newly released. That alone should beckon the call of developers.

Apple alchemy as it is in Logic Pro...not the dramatically weak as water version that was clearly beaten by the original iOS version long ago... I mean wow Apple you bought it, killed my entire IAP library, killed the app, and then added a very limited one to garageband with a small bit of presets...yikes why? Full power Alchemy as a standalone app with 8 tracks, sequencer, and effects would be ridiculously juicy...but no...we can’t do that can we?

Iris 2 editing...? Where is this on iOS...doesn’t exist....well “virtual ANS” is in the vein but not there really...

RX type plug ins don’t exist on iOS, which would be handy for the task of altering samples as well...but nope

And unbelievably Melodyne editor is quite useful for sample manipulation...not on iOS

Let’s not forget serato sample...not on iOS...

We do have Drambo, which is in the vein of an elektron octatrack, it ultimately is not that either...and it does require a weekend science degree to use.

Sampling on iOS is back in the Stone Age, new tech, but simply old tech!

Even an emu ultra will slaughter most iOS apps as far as ability to alter samples goes.

Rant over...

Back to hardware, iOS is almost non existent to me now. Just more virtual analog synths that sound like all the other virtual analog synths, with maybe a gimmick or two...and still no unified experience like Auv3, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

A lot of BS from you - had a bad day?

None of this is bullshit, all researchable and true.

If you don’t like iOS/iPadOS and everything around this, don’t use it then, and, fuck off from this forum - we don’t need such a negative person like you here...

I own an iPhone 12 and an iPad Pro and I will use or not use it how I choose. Are you the bouncer in the forum, cuz I am not convinced you could budge me honestly. Who is this “we’ you speak of? You are the only one who has such a pissy comment about my comment...so I guess it’s your we little pisstube and you that composes this “we’? I am staying, so get used to me, Mr Petty.

We are many many people around the world that is more than satisfied with what we can do on ours beloved iPads & iPhone - you’re just jelous...

”we” again...why would I be jealous, I can do all the thing that “we” can do on my iPhone and iPad too...I probably own and use more apps than you. I have been in this forum a long time. My opinion is no more or less important than anyone else’s. So “i” say to you “i’d like to see “we” make “me” do anything. How bout that there sheot ars hole.

1. You don’t own more iOS-iPadOS-apps than me, impossible because I own almost everything, and allmost every IAP worth mentioning...

2. I was on this forum before you, since 2013...

3. We means that we are many that is more than satified what we can do today... If you can’t make music with an iPad Pro, some nice apps, and, a pretty cheap sound interface and some good microphones, you probably can’t do it with similar hardware...

4. The sampler in Beatmaker 3.12 is pretty powerful, and, most powerful on iOS/iPadOS...

5. Don’t forget, it is in many way up to Apple Inc what’s the limit is on ours iPads - RAM, CPU etc etc, not the devs not able to makes apps like Serato etc...

So, my point is, make music on iPad, don’t vining here about everything bad about iPad, I don’t think anybody more then me reacting on your opinions - a lot of users here with your negative approach usually goes banana in the forum and often have been kicked out, deleted...

• yes... I think the sampler in Beatmaker 3 is the closest to what I am looking for so far. Hoping they consider releasing it as stand-alone.

• Retail channels (okay, I’ve only looked at Novation and Amazon) seem to be out of the Launch Control XL, I think they’ll launch a Mk3 at NAMM.

My pure speculation, but it’s the last member of the Launch series that’s not on the Mk3 architecture.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Finally a sampler that can outdo the mighty Roland vsynth as far as sample mangling is concerned...
    Roland could do this easily with sampleverse and clean up...let’s see if they do.

Everybody is making GAMECHANGING samplers that don’t change the game period...
    Wayyyyy back when Samplewiz came out, I thought ooooh yea this is going to be awesome...
    Then all the samplers that followed, except for samplr...got lame as poop fudge!

There are ancient hardware samplers out there beating all the hell from these iOS samplers of today.

For instance:

Roland vsynth...nothing even close to representing what this can do in hardware or software period. Causing the original hardware units to sell used for more than they were newly released. That alone should beckon the call of developers.

Apple alchemy as it is in Logic Pro...not the dramatically weak as water version that was clearly beaten by the original iOS version long ago... I mean wow Apple you bought it, killed my entire IAP library, killed the app, and then added a very limited one to garageband with a small bit of presets...yikes why? Full power Alchemy as a standalone app with 8 tracks, sequencer, and effects would be ridiculously juicy...but no...we can’t do that can we?

Iris 2 editing...? Where is this on iOS...doesn’t exist....well “virtual ANS” is in the vein but not there really...

RX type plug ins don’t exist on iOS, which would be handy for the task of altering samples as well...but nope

And unbelievably Melodyne editor is quite useful for sample manipulation...not on iOS

Let’s not forget serato sample...not on iOS...

We do have Drambo, which is in the vein of an elektron octatrack, it ultimately is not that either...and it does require a weekend science degree to use.

Sampling on iOS is back in the Stone Age, new tech, but simply old tech!

Even an emu ultra will slaughter most iOS apps as far as ability to alter samples goes.

Rant over...

Back to hardware, iOS is almost non existent to me now. Just more virtual analog synths that sound like all the other virtual analog synths, with maybe a gimmick or two...and still no unified experience like Auv3, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

A lot of BS from you - had a bad day?

None of this is bullshit, all researchable and true.

If you don’t like iOS/iPadOS and everything around this, don’t use it then, and, fuck off from this forum - we don’t need such a negative person like you here...

I own an iPhone 12 and an iPad Pro and I will use or not use it how I choose. Are you the bouncer in the forum, cuz I am not convinced you could budge me honestly. Who is this “we’ you speak of? You are the only one who has such a pissy comment about my comment...so I guess it’s your we little pisstube and you that composes this “we’? I am staying, so get used to me, Mr Petty.

We are many many people around the world that is more than satisfied with what we can do on ours beloved iPads & iPhone - you’re just jelous...

”we” again...why would I be jealous, I can do all the thing that “we” can do on my iPhone and iPad too...I probably own and use more apps than you. I have been in this forum a long time. My opinion is no more or less important than anyone else’s. So “i” say to you “i’d like to see “we” make “me” do anything. How bout that there sheot ars hole.

1. You don’t own more iOS-iPadOS-apps than me, impossible because I own almost everything, and allmost every IAP worth mentioning...

2. I was on this forum before you, since 2013...

3. We means that we are many that is more than satified what we can do today... If you can’t make music with an iPad Pro, some nice apps, and, a pretty cheap sound interface and some good microphones, you probably can’t do it with similar hardware...

4. The sampler in Beatmaker 3.12 is pretty powerful, and, most powerful on iOS/iPadOS...

5. Don’t forget, it is in many way up to Apple Inc what’s the limit is on ours iPads - RAM, CPU etc etc, not the devs not able to makes apps like Serato etc...

So, my point is, make music on iPad, don’t vining here about everything bad about iPad, I don’t think anybody more then me reacting on your opinions - a lot of users here with your negative approach usually goes banana in the forum and often have been kicked out, deleted...

As far as I’m concerned @MrSmileZ or anyone can whine about whatever he feels like. As long as you’re not disrespectful to others, which btw you are, ErrkaPetti. I also happen to agree with him.
    I add to the 2020 “whining” list:

• a proper DAW (emphasis on the “A”)
    • a complete redo of the terrible iOS file system, including proper external drive storage
  • @ahallam said:
    Retail channels (okay, I’ve only looked at Novation and Amazon) seem to be out of the Launch Control XL, I think they’ll launch a Mk3 at NAMM.

My pure speculation, but it’s the last member of the Launch series that’s not on the Mk3 architecture.

Please, please, please have encoders instead of pots...

• Roger Linn's new drum machine!

• @Liquidmantis said:

@ahallam said:
    Retail channels (okay, I’ve only looked at Novation and Amazon) seem to be out of the Launch Control XL, I think they’ll launch a Mk3 at NAMM.

Yeah, I'd like to see all the knobs and buttons reassignable as well.

• @ahallam said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@ahallam said:

Yeah, I'd like to see all the knobs and buttons reassignable as well.

Sounds like we might both be waiting for the (faderless) Behringer BR32.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2021

Edit: bad taste joke.

Are you a seer? Psychic? I almost own it all as well...how do you know you can piss further than me...oh, you don’t...you don’t know a thing about me...so this statement made you ignorant in my opinion.

1. I was on this forum before you, since 2013...

Good for you, next time I bake “eatadick cookies” I’ll save you one! :)

1. We means that we are many that is more than satified what we can do today... If you can’t make music with an iPad Pro, some nice apps, and, a pretty cheap sound interface and some good microphones, you probably can’t do it with similar hardware...

Well be satisfied, I’ll push boundaries and go for more tech with less limits, when this happens don’t update. I can do it with nice hardware...and would rather on most days.

1. The sampler in Beatmaker 3.12 is pretty powerful, and, most powerful on iOS/iPadOS...

It’s a shock to me that beatmaker3 isn’t dead yet, the real talent left long ago. Beatmaker is indeed powerful on iOS, but it is no LOGIC ALCHEMY SYNTH, no Iris 2, and definitely no kontakt...HELL it’s not even an emu e5 ULTRA or a Kurzweil k2000!

1. Don’t forget, it is in many way up to Apple Inc what’s the limit is on ours iPads - RAM, CPU etc etc, not the devs not able to makes apps like Serato etc...

Omg dude hush you look dumb now...GTFO... so you are telling me the iPad doesn’t have enough power to compete with an emu ultra sampler? Your just not smart anymore as of this statement...and whilst you’ve been on this forum so long, you absolutely learned nothing at all from it? Wow.

You have no point, you are dull... I will say what I want when I want...you are not the boss of me. As for the rest of that terribly written ending that makes no literal sense...sheesh! I don’t attack people, hell, most of the time I don’t even say too much. I just read and move along. I’m usually busy beta testing stuff on iOS, OSX, and AKAI...

You can reply if you would like, but it won’t go any further with me. I don’t seek your friendship, help, or opinion.