Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 rumors?

Comments

• @Jeezs said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Oh 2021 predictions...
    More YouTube stars will announce they have their own synths out, and those will be “game changing” but not change the game period, well, except for the bank accounts of said YouTube stars

+1
    It reminds me some revolutionary samplers using IAA in 2020

Said sampler is not even IAA, it is standalone 🤪

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Finally a sampler that can outdo the mighty Roland vsynth as far as sample mangling is concerned...
    Roland could do this easily with sampleverse and clean up...let’s see if they do.

Everybody is making GAMECHANGING samplers that don’t change the game period...
    Wayyyyy back when Samplewiz came out, I thought ooooh yea this is going to be awesome...
    Then all the samplers that followed, except for samplr...got lame as poop fudge!

There are ancient hardware samplers out there beating all the hell from these iOS samplers of today.

For instance:

Roland vsynth...nothing even close to representing what this can do in hardware or software period. Causing the original hardware units to sell used for more than they were newly released. That alone should beckon the call of developers.

Apple alchemy as it is in Logic Pro...not the dramatically weak as water version that was clearly beaten by the original iOS version long ago... I mean wow Apple you bought it, killed my entire IAP library, killed the app, and then added a very limited one to garageband with a small bit of presets...yikes why? Full power Alchemy as a standalone app with 8 tracks, sequencer, and effects would be ridiculously juicy...but no...we can’t do that can we?

Iris 2 editing...? Where is this on iOS...doesn’t exist....well “virtual ANS” is in the vein but not there really...

RX type plug ins don’t exist on iOS, which would be handy for the task of altering samples as well...but nope

And unbelievably Melodyne editor is quite useful for sample manipulation...not on iOS

Let’s not forget serato sample...not on iOS...

We do have Drambo, which is in the vein of an elektron octatrack, it ultimately is not that either...and it does require a weekend science degree to use.

Sampling on iOS is back in the Stone Age, new tech, but simply old tech!

Even an emu ultra will slaughter most iOS apps as far as ability to alter samples goes.

Rant over...

Back to hardware, iOS is almost non existent to me now. Just more virtual analog synths that sound like all the other virtual analog synths, with maybe a gimmick or two...and still no unified experience like Auv3, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

A lot of BS from you - had a bad day?

If you don’t like iOS/iPadOS and everything around this, don’t use it then, and, fuck off from this forum - we don’t need such a negative person like you here...

We are many many people around the world that is more than satisfied with what we can do on ours beloved iPads & iPhone - you’re just jelous...

• Igor Vasiliev has a new one he's working on that's supposed to be pretty crazy, but I don't think it's even close yet.

• I had totally forgotten about it, it did look pretty interesting at the time, though the UI was a bit rough. I'm with you, I'd like to see any Buchla-inspired synth in iOS, I'll just keep nudging Randy at Madrona from time to time 😉

• @Gavinski said:

@Jeezs said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Oh 2021 predictions...
    More YouTube stars will announce they have their own synths out, and those will be “game changing” but not change the game period, well, except for the bank accounts of said YouTube stars

+1
    It reminds me some revolutionary samplers using IAA in 2020

Said sampler is not even IAA, it is standalone 🤪

Your right😂😂

• edited December 2020

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Finally a sampler that can outdo the mighty Roland vsynth as far as sample mangling is concerned...
    Roland could do this easily with sampleverse and clean up...let’s see if they do.

Wayyyyy back when Samplewiz came out, I thought ooooh yea this is going to be awesome...
    Then all the samplers that followed, except for samplr...got lame as poop fudge!

There are ancient hardware samplers out there beating all the hell from these iOS samplers of today.

For instance:

Roland vsynth...nothing even close to representing what this can do in hardware or software period. Causing the original hardware units to sell used for more than they were newly released. That alone should beckon the call of developers.

Apple alchemy as it is in Logic Pro...not the dramatically weak as water version that was clearly beaten by the original iOS version long ago... I mean wow Apple you bought it, killed my entire IAP library, killed the app, and then added a very limited one to garageband with a small bit of presets...yikes why? Full power Alchemy as a standalone app with 8 tracks, sequencer, and effects would be ridiculously juicy...but no...we can’t do that can we?

Iris 2 editing...? Where is this on iOS...doesn’t exist....well “virtual ANS” is in the vein but not there really...

RX type plug ins don’t exist on iOS, which would be handy for the task of altering samples as well...but nope

And unbelievably Melodyne editor is quite useful for sample manipulation...not on iOS

We do have Drambo, which is in the vein of an elektron octatrack, it ultimately is not that either...and it does require a weekend science degree to use.

Even an emu ultra will slaughter most iOS apps as far as ability to alter samples goes.

Rant over...

Back to hardware, iOS is almost non existent to me now. Just more virtual analog synths that sound like all the other virtual analog synths, with maybe a gimmick or two...and still no unified experience like Auv3, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

If you don’t like iOS/iPadOS and everything around this, don’t use it then, and, fuck off from this forum - we don’t need such a negative person like you here...

We are many many people around the world that is more than satisfied with what we can do on ours beloved iPads & iPhone - you’re just jelous...

I didn’t see anything negative in that post? He’s not wrong - there are many fun samplers on IOS, but nothing really pushing the envelope the way Roland’s variphrase, Camel Alchemy or Iris did. Samplr is insane, but nothing has equaled that for years. Borderlands is also a very unique and musical sampling process, but also quite old. All iOS has really had these last few years is sample slicers.

However, when you consider how old Variphrase, Alchemy and Iris all are, you can’t really fault IOS devs, when both desktop and hardware also fail to make advancements in sampling technology. I’d say at the moment Dave Rossum is the only one I know who’s really doing exciting things with samplers and sampling with his Assimil8or.

edit: fwiw, I think Drambo’s Flexi samplers is one of the most impressive audio manglers at the moment. Optional playback from envelopes, lfo’s, manual scrubbing or scratching, sample FM, gyroscope modulation of playback speed, offset, direction, etc. It can even sample DC voltages. Lots of functional overlap with Assimil8or.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @sevenape seriously!! i got it for desktop and use it in almost every track. I love it for trip hop stuff. just adds that grit and vibe. send him a message or comment and ask for an iOS port! ive already done it on pretty much every platform lol.

Yeah man, I’ve been hassling the poor guy quite a bit about it!,, hahahahahha

• @Liquidmantis said:

@sevenape said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    Any new apps, updates etc??

I know we have Atom update coming,,,, any thing else? another @Hainbach app? sugarbytes makes another gamechanger drum synth? @Gavinski becomes a dev?? whats happening in 2021?

Man, I’d love it if Hainbach’s wires vest was ported to iOS.

I had to read that a couple of times before I realized it was supposed to be VST. I figured @heinbach had some mad scientist vest contraption that turned biometrics into sounds and synths into biofeedback.

I’m kinda disappointed now.

Hahahahaha oops. iOS spellcheck. Honest! I’m not obsessed with German vests.

• edited December 2020

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I'm with you, I'd like to see any Buchla-inspired synth in iOS, I'll just keep nudging Randy at Madrona from time to time 😉

Good call - I'll do the same! On a 2021 predictions angle (but not iOS related) I expect the coming year could well see the release of Sumu!

• Logic is coming to iPad October on iPadOS preview.

• @Paa89 said:
    Logic is coming to iPad October on iPadOS preview.

lol

• @skiphunt said:
    Igor Vasiliev has a new one he's working on that's supposed to be pretty crazy, but I don't think it's even close yet.

This guy is very talented. Looking forward to it and also to have his other apps as AUv3s.

• Here's the rumours I'm keeping an eye on

1. iPad Pro 11 would be discontinued
    2. Apple may make a smaller iPad Mini designed like the iPad Pro.
  • @seonnthaproducer said:
    2. Apple may make a smaller iPad Mini designed like the iPad Pro.

I’m not sure the benefits of having two ipads but if it was like $500 dollars for an ipad pro-like ipad mini, I might buy one...

• I wish to see Manipulator make it to iOS/iPadOS in 2021...

• Don’t forget BeatHawk’s update..

• What I'm looking forward to (not joking) is iOS15/iPadOS15 and what Apple will do with GarageBand after Music Memos gets retired. Hopefully it'll get a well deserved update when it comes to functions and features...

What would NOT surprise me is more stuff from Eventide, FabFilter, ToneBoosters, Korg and our all cool Indie Devs :D

What would surprise me is iLive from Ableton that doesn't cut any corners.

I would NOT be happy if more apps go the subscription route...

Cheers!

• edited January 2021

@Paa89 said:
    Logic is coming to iPad October on iPadOS preview.

Totaly! This isn't even a rumour at this point.

@Samu said:
    What I'm looking forward to (not joking) is iOS15/iPadOS15 and what Apple will do with GarageBand after Music Memos gets retired. Hopefully it'll get a well deserved update when it comes to functions and features...

What would NOT surprise me is more stuff from Eventide, FabFilter, ToneBoosters, Korg and our all cool Indie Devs :D

What would surprise me is iLive from Ableton that doesn't cut any corners.

I would NOT be happy if more apps go the subscription route...

Cheers!

Would iLive No Corners Cut (agreed, not likely going to happen) be worth a subscription?

• AUv3 for Lumbeat apps is on my wishlist. At least for the ones I own :)

• @AudioGus said:

>

Would iLive No Corners Cut (agreed, not likely going to happen) be worth a subscription?

Personally I'd rather pay upfront instead of getting a monthly payment plan.

I mean what happens to all those projects in case I want to cancel the subscription?
    (This is one of the reasons I will NOT fall into Rolands Cloud Trap).

If rental apps become the 'norm' for iOS/iPadOS during 2021 I'm back to desktop with SunVox, Renoise & Logic.

But that's me...
    Cheers!

• edited January 2021

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

>

Personally I'd rather pay upfront instead of getting a monthly payment plan.

I mean what happens to all those projects in case I want to cancel the subscription?
    (This is one of the reasons I will NOT fall into Rolands Cloud Trap).

If rental apps become the 'norm' for iOS/iPadOS during 2021 I'm back to desktop with SunVox, Renoise & Logic.

But that's me...
    Cheers!

I agree given the current quality bar of apps but real literal iLive No Corners Cut Likely Not Going To Happen Platinum Pro Edition... dayum... I could see canceling Netflix for that sort of couch based tablet driven entertainment.

• @AudioGus said:

I agree given the current quality bar of apps but real literal iLive No Corners Cut Likely Not Going To Happen Platinum Pro Edition... dayum... I could see canceling Netflix for that sort of couch based tablet driven entertainment.

Yeah, but it will likely not happen but if it does Ableton would have go full on subscription and include the software for all supported platforms similar to what Loland does with ZenBeats...

The really interesting part will be iPadOS15 and the direction macOS is heading.
    (Final Cut & Logic Pro could be used as 'Apple Cross Platform Binary' demo apps at WWDC'21).

It's still early 2021 and anything can happen :)

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Yeah, but it will likely not happen but if it does Ableton would have go full on subscription and include the software for all supported platforms similar to what Loland does with ZenBeats...

Yah makes sense.

Btw, purely in terms of subscription implementation trivia, Endlesss handles it really super well and it is very thought out. If you cancel your subscription you still have access to all your old projects and can even build on them still. Not saying it is a specific model for anyone to emulate as it is ultra specific to this app but it is interesting how this was considered.

The really interesting part will be iPadOS15 and the direction macOS is heading.
    (Final Cut & Logic Pro could be used as 'Apple Cross Platform Binary' demo apps at WWDC'21).

Tru dat! Truly exciting times ahead.

• It will quiet in Jan and Feb. Just Tal J-8, and another Eventide effect.

Then in March 2021 Ableton releases Live for iPad - a full featured version of Live 11 Suite w/all the devices

In May full version of Reason will come to iOS with all the Rack Extensions, retina graphics and all the great stuff

Jun-Jul - nothing important, just couple of VSTs ported to iOS - Sylenth1, Serum, Soundtoys bundle, u-he Zebra 3

In August Native Instruments will release update to iMaschine with support of recent iOS version, couple of bug fixes + 2 brand new expansions extracted from Maschine expansions that didn't sell well last year

As mentioned before: in Sep-Oct Apple releases Logic 11 for both - MacOS and iPad OS. It will require iPad OS 15. After release iPad OS 15 will break all the existing IAA and AUv3 apps. Only Samplr and MS-20 keep working fine.

In November - Avid intros ProTools mobile for iPad but it won't work on newly released iPad OS 15, only on old versions

By December we will have all the major DAWs on iOS, the most popular thread on this forum will be "DAW wars" but people will still be using AUM, Drumbo and miRack

• @ipadmusic said:
    It will quiet in Jan and Feb. Just Tal J-8, and another Eventide effect.

Then in March 2021 Ableton releases Live for iPad - a full featured version of Live 11 Suite w/all the devices

In May full version of Reason will come to iOS with all the Rack Extensions, retina graphics and all the great stuff

Jun-Jul - nothing important, just couple of VSTs ported to iOS - Sylenth1, Serum, Soundtoys bundle, u-he Zebra 3

In August Native Instruments will release update to iMaschine with support of recent iOS version, couple of bug fixes + 2 brand new expansions extracted from Maschine expansions that didn't sell well last year

As mentioned before: in Sep-Oct Apple releases Logic 11 for both - MacOS and iPad OS. It will require iPad OS 15. After release iPad OS 15 will break all the existing IAA and AUv3 apps. Only Samplr and MS-20 keep working fine.

In November - Avid intros ProTools mobile for iPad but it won't work on newly released iPad OS 15, only on old versions

By December we will have all the major DAWs on iOS, the most popular thread on this forum will be "DAW wars" but people will still be using AUM, Drumbo and miRack

lol too good. I hope some of this is true though.

• edited January 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MrSmileZ said:

For instance:

Rant over...

None of this is bullshit, all researchable and true.

I own an iPhone 12 and an iPad Pro and I will use or not use it how I choose. Are you the bouncer in the forum, cuz I am not convinced you could budge me honestly. Who is this “we’ you speak of? You are the only one who has such a pissy comment about my comment...so I guess it’s your we little pisstube and you that composes this “we’? I am staying, so get used to me, Mr Petty.

”we” again...why would I be jealous, I can do all the thing that “we” can do on my iPhone and iPad too...I probably own and use more apps than you. I have been in this forum a long time. My opinion is no more or less important than anyone else’s. So “i” say to you “i’d like to see “we” make “me” do anything. How bout that there sheot ars hole.

• And I stay by my post...devs need to get the sampler game up on both computers and iOS devices...it’s stale

• wimwim
    edited January 2021