Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flip Sampler - pad pitchbend (video)

I love Flip Sampler's ability to pitchbend samples just by hitting the pads in different spots on the X axis. It allows to easily add variations, both subtle or dramatic, to a single sample. And even more expressiveness can be achieved when combined with the ability to vary the velocity with the Y axis.

This video is a brief overview of this feature. I am planning on making a more in-depth video about it, with some live video, not just a screen recording, to better demonstrate it.

I have used four samples on the 9 pads, three of them being longer ones that have different start and end points on different pads. They are from the TSTR Christmas 2020 Memory Collection pack.

Comments

• Nice - I had no idea it could do that. Thanks for the video. I’m just off to buy it now with my guaranteed Christmas open the gift and out drops an iTunes voucher. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Having said that my wife’s sister always somehow manages to come up with a thoughtful and different gift for me that I always seem to like. Strange that because she hardly knows me.
    Looking forward to your next Flip videos @zvon

• Hi robosardine,

Glad you enjoyed it and that it was helpful to you!
    Thanks for your comment.

• One of the many reasons I love this app. I can't seem to get velocity on pads working though 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love love this samples

• @BroCoast said:
    One of the many reasons I love this app. I can't seem to get velocity on pads working though

Strange it works here! Do you mean that the pitchbend works on your iPad but not the velocity?

@Charlesalbert said:
    Love love this samples

Glad you enjoy them, thanks a lot!
    This example shows that, like the other Memory Collection packs that are Holidays themed, it is versatile and the sounds can be used in other contexts too.

• @zvon said:

@BroCoast said:
    One of the many reasons I love this app. I can't seem to get velocity on pads working though

Strange it works here! Do you mean that the pitchbend works on your iPad but not the velocity?

Yeah, only the pitchbend works.

• What is the fastest way to delete all the factory samples?

• @robosardine said:
    What is the fastest way to delete all the factory samples?

My guess would be with the File App. Navigate to Flip's folder anf you'll find in it a "Samples" folder and in that folder, And in the Samples, there is the "Stock" folder where the factory samples are.

Note that I haven't done this but I am assuming that samples can be safely deleted from there. But I would keep the folder just in case.

• @zvon said:

@robosardine said:

My guess would be with the File App. Navigate to Flip's folder anf you'll find in it a "Samples" folder and in that folder, And in the Samples, there is the "Stock" folder where the factory samples are.

Note that I haven't done this but I am assuming that samples can be safely deleted from there. But I would keep the folder just in case.

Thanks - I didn’t think of that, I’ll give it a go 👍

• @robosardine said:

@zvon said:

@robosardine said:

Thanks - I didn’t think of that, I’ll give it a go 👍

Worked like a treat. No batch import I notice - which is a bit of a pity - maybe that could be added sometime.
    Is there a way to initialise all the parameters of a pad? - so that if you fancy bringing in a new sample you can work on it from scratch without having to plod through the menus to reset it.

• The workaround I have for batch import is using the File App to create a folder where I will copy the samples I want to import in Flip's sample folder. Or copy an already exixting folder in Flip's sample folder.

An "init" pad and "init" kit buttons would be helpful indeed.

• Another neat feature for Flip would be 'scratch' (ie. move the sample playhead back/forward with the finger).

It will be interesting to see what is still planned for Flip during 2021.

• @zvon said:
    The workaround I have for batch import is using the File App to create a folder where I will copy the samples I want to import in Flip's sample folder. Or copy an already exixting folder in Flip's sample folder.

An "init" pad and "init" kit buttons would be helpful indeed.

Ok - thanks - I’ll give that a go.

• @zvon said:

@robosardine said:

I deleted them and lost the Metronome lol.

Hmm I am a big fan of this app but I am finding a lot of bugs.

• Interesting, I just checked and the sample that is used for the metronome is the one named "PERC ATARI LOW". That means that one could change the metronome sound by naming any sample PERC ATARI LOW and replace the existing one with the new one.

It does have some bugs, it sometimes just closes on me while I am editing a part, It happened at least 3 times.