Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TUBE AU

Hello from France to you and to you too!
I want to by TUBE AU, but I don’t see user reviews?
Thanks many many, if you use this apps, for giving me your opinion.

Comments

• Hello! I think it’s good and work very well for me. I use it in AUM and beatmaker 3.

• Best app. Great dev @Blue_Mangoo always responsive. He did a ton of update when users report problems with YouTube. Vital if You need to sample something quickly.

• I just can’t justify paying 10 notes for this when there’s so many sites that can separate the audio on YouTube for free. Not sure it’ll ever go on sale though!

• I use it very often and i like it very much!

For me, it is much easier to use, compared to other solutions, esp. as you can record a specific part and do this from your own YT account with history and playlists

• edited December 2020

It works well. Only thing to note is that just like the youtube app, TubeAU must be open in the foreground to produce sound. If it is minimized it'll stop playing entirely. When you bring it back to foreground it will resume.
    Sometimes videos can load slowly, or randomly won't produce sound. But that's infrequent, and it generally works great. It removes a step of sampling from a separate device or downloading and ripping an mp3 - worth it for the convenience.
    Radio Unit is another great device for similar ends.

• @gregsmith said:
    I just can’t justify paying 10 notes for this when there’s so many sites that can separate the audio on YouTube for free. Not sure it’ll ever go on sale though!

😂 the site are note auv3 instruments and you loose some precious time moving around between apps just to sampling. I open tube au, split screen in Aum with segments in fx slot and I’m just ready to make an mic like beat.

• edited December 2020

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:
    I just can’t justify paying 10 notes for this when there’s so many sites that can separate the audio on YouTube for free. Not sure it’ll ever go on sale though!

😂 the site are note auv3 instruments and you loose some precious time moving around between apps just to sampling. I open tube au, split screen in Aum with segments in fx slot and I’m just ready to make an mic like beat.

I know! I really want this convenience but when I go to buy it I just can’t click the button! It just seems slightly too expensive compared to other apps I could get 😂

• edited December 2020

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

I know! I really want this convenience but when I go to buy it I just can’t click the button! It just seems slightly too expensive compared to other apps I could get 😂

Oh it is totally worth it, particularly for long videos where you just want a tiny taste. Huge recommendation for BM3 folks anyway. (when I want the whole track I download the entire video to PlayerExtreme.)

• Thank very, very and very much

• @Prappe said:
    Hello! I think it’s good and work very well for me. I use it in AUM and beatmaker 3.

@Charlesalbert said:
    Best app. Great dev @Blue_Mangoo always responsive. He did a ton of update when users report problems with YouTube. Vital if You need to sample something quickly.

@tja said:
    I use it very often and i like it very much!

For me, it is much easier to use, compared to other solutions, esp. as you can record a specific part and do this from your own YT account with history and playlists

@aleyas said:
    It works well. Only thing to note is that just like the youtube app, TubeAU must be open in the foreground to produce sound. If it is minimized it'll stop playing entirely. When you bring it back to foreground it will resume.
    Sometimes videos can load slowly, or randomly won't produce sound. But that's infrequent, and it generally works great. It removes a step of sampling from a separate device or downloading and ripping an mp3 - worth it for the convenience.
    Radio Unit is another great device for similar ends.

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

@gregsmith said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@gregsmith said:

• Thank you very, very and very much

Baba cool dad schaub

• Hello from France too @Schaub 😉 !

I very often use Tube AU in AUM, more as a base cover library than a sampling source.
    I don't know if it's because of my "becoming too old" iPad Air 2, but I have a (very) high latency between the video and the audio... anyway, for my usage, it's not a big deal and I would buy Tube AU now if I wouldn't have bought it a long time ago 👍🏻.

• @Schaub said:
    Thank you very, very and very much

Baba cool dad schaub

Are you ok?

• See I could not figure out why you would want to use this app. Now that you just mentioned jamming to stuff It clicked. The audio on tube can be good or bad so its kinda like the video is irrelevent>more the audio content>? How do yawl use this?

• @oceansinspace said:
    See I could not figure out why you would want to use this app. Now that you just mentioned jamming to stuff It clicked. The audio on tube can be good or bad so its kinda like the video is irrelevent>more the audio content>? How do yawl use this?

I use it for sampling in BM3...

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

@oceansinspace said:
    See I could not figure out why you would want to use this app. Now that you just mentioned jamming to stuff It clicked. The audio on tube can be good or bad so its kinda like the video is irrelevent>more the audio content>? How do yawl use this?

This never was about the video, always only about the audio content.

If you want the video, use the app that "beats the time" ... or use a-Shell and youtube-dl Python script, for example.

• @tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

If you want the video, use the app that "beats the time" ... or use a-Shell and youtube-dl Python script, for example.

Can you sample YouTube audio from the ‘beat the time’ app? It’s half the price of tube au

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

Can you sample YouTube audio from the ‘beat the time’ app? It’s half the price of tube au

Yes.

You can export the audio as as AAC or WAV, or the video as M4V, for both the whole video or a selection (as i just noticed).

But you cannot sample the audio directly into a DAW, where Tube AU comes in :-)

• @tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

Yes.

You can export the audio as as AAC or WAV, or the video as M4V, for both the whole video or a selection (as i just noticed).

Thanks. Export as wav is probably good enough for me. I usually put into twisted wave to neaten up anyway

• @gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

Yes.

Thanks. Export as wav is probably good enough for me. I usually put into twisted wave to neaten up anyway

I like to see any new customer for this App.
    But the same is true for Tube AU.
    I am happy to have and use both!

With Tube AU, you can interactively watch YT and directly sample what you like - i even have an AUM setup with Brusfi that allows to remove noise dynamically, routed into FAC Maxima for better hearing or saving.
    This can also be big for ASMR stuff.

• @tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

Yes.

With Tube AU, you can interactively watch YT and directly sample what you like - i even have an AUM setup with Brusfi that allows to remove noise dynamically, routed into FAC Maxima for better hearing or saving.

I have Brusfi! Maybe I should just treat myself to Tube AU ☺️

• According to the dev, this app needs updating every 6 weeks or so, as YouTube keep changing things around to block apps like this. But how long is that sustainable though? How long will this app continue to work? I guess $10 isn’t all that much but, again, this app will die the second the dev decides to drop the constant updating.

Remember when YouTube used to be YouTube? Those were its best days..

• @ChrisG said:
    According to the dev, this app needs updating every 6 weeks or so, as YouTube keep changing things around to block apps like this. But how long is that sustainable though? How long will this app continue to work? I guess $10 isn’t all that much but, again, this app will die the second the dev decides to drop the constant updating.

Remember when YouTube used to be YouTube? Those were its best days..

Everything is fleeting anyways. It's worth getting even if it's only up for a few more months.

• @gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@gregsmith said:

@tja said:

@oceansinspace said:

Yes.

I have Brusfi! Maybe I should just treat myself to Tube AU ☺️

So, of course, I bought it ☺️

And you guys were right - the it’s a brilliant app and makes for super instant sampling without the faff. I just sampled ‘say hello to my little friend’ into segments and sliced it up into a separate word per pad, all in less than 30 seconds 😂

• edited April 2021

Deleted

• What happened to Tube AU? I can't find it on the app store.

I'm looking for an app (iOS or MacOS, or if I absolutely must, a web based solution), to download YouTube as .mp3 and .wav files. I want to use it for downloading my own YouTube videos as .mp3 and .wav files, and also some creative commons field recording type stuff.

I remembered Tube AU, but can't find it anywhere on the app store, or on my iPad or its history. Has it gone? It's still showing on the Blue Mangoo website.

If it has gone, can anyone please recommend an alternative. Either AUv3 or standalone, or web (I know there are lots of ways online, but it's like wading through mud trying to find one that doesn't come with baggage…

• Ah, I found on Facebook that they removed the app from the app store.

I tested loads of Mac downloaders, and online downloaders, and found this one to be the best of the bunch. Fast and clean. It does throw up a couple of windows, but they're easily ignored and closed.

https://y2mp3.top/en/

• I've used this for years and it's never let me down:
    https://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-to-mp3/30/

• @andowrites said:
    Ah, I found on Facebook that they removed the app from the app store.

I tested loads of Mac downloaders, and online downloaders, and found this one to be the best of the bunch. Fast and clean. It does throw up a couple of windows, but they're easily ignored and closed.

The old tube AU actually works, but yes, seems it is no longer available. In that case, this is an option (though I don’t have it so you may want to check through threads here to see how it performs):

https://apps.apple.com/app/tube-audio-unit/id1621428749?l=en

• edited March 2023

@Gavinski said:

@andowrites said:
    Ah, I found on Facebook that they removed the app from the app store.

The old tube AU actually works, but yes, seems it is no longer available. In that case, this is an option (though I don’t have it so you may want to check through threads here to see how it performs):

https://apps.apple.com/app/tube-audio-unit/id1621428749?l=en

I'll do some further research into this. I need to know if it will convert YouTube to .wav as that's a key thing I want, and is addressed by the web-app I linked to further up.

I thought I had bought the original TubeAU, but obviously didn't, as I can't find it to download in purchases.