Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saving Patches Possible in Virsyn Poseidon AUv3?

The AUV3 version of Virsyn Poseidon seems to be missing some vital functions from the standalone e.g, saving User patches. It seems to lack any toolbar or similar function to allow saving. Am I missing something or is this facility not present in the AUV3?

I know it can be saved as an AUM patch, but not in Poseidon’s own patch browser?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

Kinda looks like there's no way. There's no manual to check, but I sure can't find any way to do it.

• edited December 2020

Virsyn AudioReverb is the same (or worse even) - no way to load or save presets in the AUv3.

• Back in the olden days of AU development, it was implied that hosts were responsible for preset saving. Many older apps don't provide their own presenting saving mechanism. Viking Synth is one in particular, and I can remember the developer being adamant that he wouldn't do it for that reason.

Apple, who are usually so fanatical about user-experience specifications, have never stepped up in the AU world. Most of what we think of as "standard" for AUs is still just conventions arrived at by consensus.