Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v3.5 for iOS released

This discussion was created from comments split from: Audio Evolution Mobile DAW.

Comments

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v3.5 for iOS released:

• Added a virtual analog synthesizer 'Evolution One' featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFO's that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, ARP, sequencer and more!
    • Added Vocal Tune PRO effect, a much higher quality pitch correction effect for vocals than the original Vocal Tune. Features the ability to add artificial vibrato and displays pitch deviation. It shares the same in-app purchase as the original Vocal Tune, so if you already own Vocal Tune then Vocal Tune PRO is free.
    • Solved issue with parameters from AUv3 effects made by manufacturer DDMF not being saved with the project.
    • When two AUv3 effects with the same name were present, loading a project could choose the wrong one. Solved (re-save required).
    • When playing a virtual instrument with Loop enabled, notes would cut off at the end of the loop. Solved.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Fair enough. What’s the lag time between ToneBoosters updates and the AEM version updating?

The lag time? Priorities I guess.

Also, is it possible to get the on-screen keyboard and AU on the screen at the same time? It helps with sound design workflow.

Hmm.. this is what always happens: a split view of keyboard and AU unless you use a phone.

• Blimey 2 vocal tune effects in 1 week first Waves now this.

• @dwrae : just gotta say, what a brilliant thing your app is. I have Cubasis, Multitrack DAW, BM3, and NanoStudio 2, but yours represents the best bang for buck, all round utility and ease of use that I’ve found so far, and with the latest addition of it’s own great sounding synth, it just keeps getting better. Definitely my new favourite thing. Thank you, have a safe and fun Christmas :)

• Is the multi track audio editing slick and fun to use on this? I’ve tried cubasis but stuck with Auria as it felt a bit more solid, but I’d still love a quick slick audio arranging tool...

• @Krupa said:
    Is the multi track audio editing slick and fun to use on this? I’ve tried cubasis but stuck with Auria as it felt a bit more solid, but I’d still love a quick slick audio arranging tool...

v4 will feature new arranger behavior more like other iOS DAWs.

• Thanks @dwrae I may well spend some of today watching videos :)

• @dwrae said:

@DukeWonder said:
    Fair enough. What’s the lag time between ToneBoosters updates and the AEM version updating?

Also, is it possible to get the on-screen keyboard and AU on the screen at the same time? It helps with sound design workflow.

Hmm.. this is what always happens: a split view of keyboard and AU unless you use a phone.

Probably worded that poorly. If ToneBoosters updates their apps, how quickly do you tend to update AEM to accommodate that update?

Ah yeah I didn’t clarify. I mean on the iPhone.

• @DukeWonder said:

@dwrae said:

@DukeWonder said:

Probably worded that poorly. If ToneBoosters updates their apps, how quickly do you tend to update AEM to accommodate that update?

Ah yeah I didn’t clarify. I mean on the iPhone.

It all depends on priorities and risk. I have access to the source code and both Toneboosters and AEM now use JUCE, so it can be done rather quickly, but since I have multiple apps to maintain and an endless list of requests and things to do, it is going to take some time.

Regarding the AU: I can make it an option on the iPhone.

• great! would like to see 32 bit audio support 🙏🔥

• edited December 2020

@mikita said:
    great! would like to see 32 bit audio support 🙏🔥

Can you please clarify that or do you mean in mix-down?

• @dwrae said:

@mikita said:
    great! would like to see 32 bit audio support 🙏🔥

i mean in mixdown and recording file format

• @mikita said:

i mean in mixdown and recording file format

Ok, makes sense for mix-down at least. I'll note it down.

• @dwrae : it would be great if in version 4, you were to make looped audio recording (to record multiple takes) possible. It could be as simple as making it possible to have multiple audio events stacked on top of each other with only the top one audible and some visible indicator that there are other events below...and maybe a long press on such an event would pop up a list of the stacked events and let you pick one to put on top. This would put AEM at the top of the top tier of iOS DAWs.

Did I read that tempo/meter track is coming?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @dwrae : it would be great if in version 4, you were to make looped audio recording (to record multiple takes) possible. It could be as simple as making it possible to have multiple audio events stacked on top of each other with only the top one audible and some visible indicator that there are other events below...and maybe a long press on such an event would pop up a list of the stacked events and let you pick one to put on top. This would put AEM at the top of the top tier of iOS DAWs.

Did I read that tempo/meter track is coming?

Audio loop recording would be after v5, sorry. Some other major stuff to do like enabling tempo/time signature change, but first and foremost the new interface behavior.

• Just got this app and I’m seriously loving it so far. Took me a minute to figure out and get used to navigation and such but now that I’m getting the hang of it, I can absolutely see myself using this for sound design and mixing. Also probably the best and easiest way to do track automation that I’ve come across on iOS. I cannot wait to see what more @dwrae has planned for this app. Not to mention how involved they are with the community here.

Quick question though. Is it possible to either copy and paste automation or link automation to a track so when the track is copied, then the automation stays with the copy?

Also it’d be really cool if the parameters in the parameter list that have already been automated were all put into a group at the top of the list that way you won’t have to scroll through a long list trying to find a previously automated parameter to edit.

But yeah this app is so cool and definitely what I’ve been looking for on iOS. And I’m super excited to see what’s to come!

• @dwrae you are absolutely one of the hardest working most responsive developers we have on this forum. I really love these fantastic updates and I love the new synth, but you should at least take a little break for Christmas. Save your strength for all our requests we’ll have for you in 2021..

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @dwrae you are absolutely one of the hardest working most responsive developers we have on this forum. I really love these fantastic updates and I love the new synth, but you should at least take a little break for Christmas. Save your strength for all our requests we’ll have for you in 2021..

+1000000000

• The new synth is top! I do think it would make more sense to use the resizable keyboard that’s already in there though as the Evo One keyboard seems locked to only 19 keys.

• @dwrae is non stop with the update. Wow!!!!
    You sir are on another level. Thank you 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• @dwrae wow the new synth is awesome!!! Would you ever consider releasing it as an auv3?

• This synth sounds really, really good to my ears!! Loving all the presets as well! Great updates to this app lately, thanks!

• @reasOne said:
    @dwrae wow the new synth is awesome!!! Would you ever consider releasing it as an auv3?

That would probably kill our Apple account. People who published variants of Synth One got their app removed or were completely banned by Apple.

I'm obviously more concerned about why you want to use it with a different DAW. :)

• @dwrae said:

@reasOne said:
    @dwrae wow the new synth is awesome!!! Would you ever consider releasing it as an auv3?

That would probably kill our Apple account. People who published variants of Synth One got their app removed or were completely banned by Apple.

I'm obviously more concerned about why you want to use it with a different DAW. :)

I’d like to use audio evolution but I use other daw because I like the clip launching/scene concept standard timeline is not adapted when experimenting different song structure.
    Since some months I produce all my songs with AUM for 3 reasons I can use the same app to compose and perform ( (can even chain songs with program change, no séquencer not Ableton live allow this )
    With Lk and Eg pulse I can create a clip/scene launching workflow.
    For when a sequencer allow this workflow and load a song with a program change I’ll swap for this solution immediately’ like lots people in this forum I think.

• @dwrae said:

@reasOne said:

I don't understand this sentence.

Evolution One ist your own Synth, or?

Why should you not be able to offer it as it's own App, so that it could be used with other DAWs too?

Why should that even bother Apple?

• edited December 2020

@tja said:

@dwrae said:

@reasOne said:

Why should you not be able to offer it as it's own App, so that it could be used with other DAWs too?

Why Apple will ban a synth plug-in and authorize an app including the same synth.

• @tja said:

@dwrae said:

@reasOne said:

Someone else might know more but I think Synth One is based on open source code and like he said there were several versions that showed up in the Apple Store and caused those devs problems and @dwrae doesn’t want to take that chance and I can’t say I blame him.

• edited December 2020

@tja said:

Not 100%, no. It's Synth One with optimisations and a new user interface, primarily built for Android since you don't have plug-ins there.

Apple HAS banned apps and developers from the App Store for people who took the Synth One code and put it on the App Store without too many alterations. Although that MIGHT not be applicable here, I just don't want to go there because 1) my income depends on app sales and 2) I don't find it appropriate with respect to AudioKit.

• I reckon these updates and the attention the dev is giving this app deserve some better ratings on the App Store.

• Thanks for the explanation, @dwrae