Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Radio Unit by BeepStreet

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited December 2020

@Toastedghost said:
    I myself was also asking how to expose radio stream urls on the iPad.

Ahh, OK. Whenever you see a link on a web page, you can long-press it and then select copy from the pop-up menu. 👍🏼

• @Max23 said:

https://patchstorage.com/radio/

I uploaded it for you. Enjoy.

Is that from a beta version of Drambo? Insta-crash when I try to open the project from within Drambo. :/

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2020

I’m sure many of you know this, but I just realized how to make these radio stations and radio Au more practical, in terms of fitting it into any track you might be working on..... use Audio kit Autotune, or any autotune/pitch correction app in the fx chain. This admittedly works best on talk radio, or “less busy” / quieter parts of tracks. Since it’s best for vocals the simpler the audio comes into AK AT the better it pitch corrects the audio, if that makes sense. Lol. Cheers All!

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @aleyas said:

@wim said:
    This + Gauss = endless entertainment.

Nice!

WOV, VOLbot, Perfourator, Scatterbrain, Koala, Drambo key-sampler, or a good ol’ amp envelope are a few more choice pairings :)

I’ve been having so much fun with RU + Gauss + various drums apps. Equal amounts with RU + Koala.

• @xraydash said:

@aleyas said:

@wim said:

Nice!

WOV, VOLbot, Perfourator, Scatterbrain, Koala, Drambo key-sampler, or a good ol’ amp envelope are a few more choice pairings :)

I’ve been having so much fun with RU + Gauss + various drums apps. Equal amounts with RU + Koala.

Sweet!! I've really enjoyed taking one radio stream and parallel processing it across 3 different fx lines. My favorites fx candidates so far are pitch shifters, amp envelopes (for gating), and static delays to just offset the streams by a second or so. Really trippy stuff.

• edited December 2020

@aleyas said:

@xraydash said:

@aleyas said:

@wim said:

Nice!

Sweet!! I've really enjoyed taking one radio stream and parallel processing it across 3 different fx lines. My favorites fx candidates so far are pitch shifters, amp envelopes (for gating), and static delays to just offset the streams by a second or so. Really trippy stuff.

That sounds like a good time. How do you go about it? I just attempted it in AUM with bus sends but only the first one worked.

• Attack softener works well too, especially for more atmospheric type mangling.

• @xraydash said:

@aleyas said:

@xraydash said:

@aleyas said:

@wim said:

Nice!

That sounds like a good time. How do you go about it? I just attempted it in AUM with bus sends but only the first one worked.

I was doing it in Drambo, odd that your bus sends weren't working in Aum.
    I added 3 bus sends, and put the VCS3 ENV on each channel. They can be triggered with midi from your preferred sequencer. For the delay, if you set a delay full wet with no feedback it should be static with no repeats, allowing you to offset the timing of the different channels. If not, Drambo has a non repeating delay to use for this. I also like to add bandpass and highpass filters on the channels to isolate Different frequencies so it’s less mushy.
    FWIW, I love this technique on vocals, talk shows, interviews etc B)

• edited December 2020

@aleyas said:

@xraydash said:

I was doing it in Drambo, odd that your bus sends weren't working in Aum.
    I added 3 bus sends, and put the VCS3 ENV on each channel. They can be triggered with midi from your preferred sequencer. For the delay, if you set a delay full wet with no feedback it should be static with no repeats, allowing you to offset the timing of the different channels. If not, Drambo has a non repeating delay to use for this. I also like to add bandpass and highpass filters on the channels to isolate Different frequencies so it’s less mushy.
    FWIW, I love this technique on vocals, talk shows, interviews etc B)

Huh. I thought that’s how I set it up. Must have done something wrong though. I’ll give it another go tomorrow. I don’t have VCS3, but I do have Drambo. Thanks for the explanation!

• Bought! Now what?
    Anyone knows any portuguese speaking stations?

• Just Brilliant. Bought this and Tube AU together about half an hour ago and haven’t got past opening this in AUM. Got lost in second preset “Strange Radio”, worth the admission price for this alone. Love Orb/Coldcut stuff and within seconds I’ve got a perfect Atmospheric sci fi loop playing, there’s been some amazing inexpensive treats recently, been having so much fun with Gauss now this, iOS is a really interesting modular environment. Now just need to get my hands on 2020 IPad with headphone socket as a backup for this 2018 model, not many about in Uk at moment, the amount of cash and time I sink into apps it seems to make sense to preserve this workflow for a bit.

• 2020 iPads still have a headphone socket?

• I love loading this in AUM with Koala in the FX slot. Hours of workflow-killing distraction!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Is it legal to use sampled radio interviews fodder & music in our own songs ? If we mangle this with FX and mask & disguise what it was originally is that legal to use? I know this is a newish gray legal area of the law but I would love to know. Any lawyers out there? I would happily credit the convos and songs but I don’t know who they are especially in different languages. How do we music makers get around this problem of potential international copyright infringement rights & laws (especially if we want to distribute/publish & publically release our songs? Just want to do this right legally. Thanks all & Merry Christmas everyone! Cheers, ED

This is the furthest thing from new gray legal area. Copyright law is strict and clear but it requires follow through on behalf of the originator to cause any kind of repercussion. Algorithms such as those on YouTube make it much easier. Mostly it will depend on the recognizability of the sample. If it is naked, and you’re sampling Howard Stern for example, the robots will be primed to get you. If you mess with the sample as you’ve said it’s much less likely. I sampled Family Guy briefly in one song and haven’t heard a peep, for one example.

• Good app. Dont think you can map the station to the knob thats in aum channel. Wouldnt be able to scroll live. Maybe its a blessing lol.

• Needs midi button.

• Its cool. Launch app is better anyway. Scrolling would be scrolling.

Thanks.

Another piece of the universe maze.

• Using emoticons in the name is kinda helpful to quickly dial in.. Little flags for different countries’ stations etc. Need about 128 more slots 😅

• Thanks for this app @giku_beepstreet it's wonderful and brings in loads of new creative possibilities. Bravo! 👍😊

• @jolico said:

Ok great idea how achieved in AUM?
    Tried in perforator with differing results

• edited December 2020

@Toastedghost said:

@jolico said:

Ok great idea how achieved in AUM?
    Tried in perforator with differing results

He’s using FabFilter Pro-G, which is available as AUv3 for iOS, to trigger those snippets of sounds. You’d need a linear sequencer like Cubasis/Auria/etc to line up and shift the radio recordings around. You could record inside AUM and use its file player, but I still don’t see a way to accomplish this in AUM without getting an aneurysm.

• When the lockdown started I discovered this app https://apps.apple.com/co/app/radio-garden-live/id1339670993?l=en It’s very easy to find radio stations all over the globe, and I think you can pick up links easily. I don’t have Radio Unit yet but it might be useful to ppl here.

• edited December 2020

@dvi said:
    and I think you can pick up links easily

Yep!
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/897357/#Comment_897357

• @NoiseFloored said:

@dvi said:
    and I think you can pick up links easily

Yep!
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/897357/#Comment_897357

Apologies for the double post; my bad, @NoiseFloored. I see now there’s even an old thread about it
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32112/radio-garden