Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Radio Unit by BeepStreet

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NimboStratus said:
    Really having trouble adding a new station. How do you drag from fmstream to radio unit?

Read the earlier pages of this very thread...

@dasgoods said:
    Was there any movement on increasing the number of user slots?

Yea, well it was mentioned several times in this thread I think, with @giku_beepstreet tag attached, not sure if it went any further then that. I was one of the people requesting it, several others did too.

• How can we host as AU just as easily? We need for our photo lab.
    Is that flawless or ??

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@vancouverphotolab said:
    How can we host as AU just as easily? We need for our photo lab.
    Is that flawless or ??

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "host as AU"? Host where?

• @NoiseFloored said:

I found that this stream URL seems to work for most stations:
    https://radio.garden/api/ara/content/listen/<station-id>/channel.mp3

When you share a station you get a URL like this:
    https://radio.garden/listen/radio-uchile-102-5-fm/g6FEw9TZ

That last part is the station ID that you can replace in the stream URL above. There are a few that haven't worked for me, but I'm fairly certain that it has to do with the source format, because I couldn't even get them to work with their original URL.

excellent, thank you.

• It's on Mac now. Or rather, the iOS version runs on M1 Macs. I just tested it in Ableton 11.2 beta and it works great

• @mistercharlie said:
    It's on Mac now. Or rather, the iOS version runs on M1 Macs. I just tested it in Ableton 11.2 beta and it works great

Is that a new update? Not appearing in the list on my M1 Mini, so maybe it hasn't reached the UK yet. Looking forward to it landing though.

• I think he may have pulled it again to fix a bug

• Still Hoping more preset slots will be added.

• edited September 2022

I am trying to load VLF natural radio streams (lightning strikes, spherics, whistlers, aurora,...) from this site: http://abelian.org/vlf/
    Although the stream URLs work fine in a browser on my Linux desktop, I have no luck with the iPad and radio unit. The URLs are based on m3u files, but even opening the m3u and using the direct server url listed in the file does not work.
    Are there any streaming format restrictions in radio unit ? Any other ideas to get this going ?

• edited September 2022

@catherder Sone radio stations try hard to avoid ppl recording their streams by using all kinds of countermeasures like hidden stream urls that only work once etc.

• @catherder said:
    I am trying to load VLF natural radio streams (lightning strikes, spherics, whistlers, aurora,...) from this site: http://abelian.org/vlf/
    Although the stream URLs work fine in a browser on my Linux desktop, I have no luck with the iPad and radio unit. The URLs are based on m3u files, but even opening the m3u and using the direct server url listed in the file does not work.
    Are there any streaming format restrictions in radio unit ? Any other ideas to get this going ?

For anything not working with Radio Unit (there are certain formats that don't work as noted here) I would usually recommend giving Web Audio Player a try. However, these particular streams don't work in Safari as they seem to be using the OGG container, so they don't work in either app.

• @Grandbear said:

@catherder said:

For anything not working with Radio Unit (there are certain formats that don't work as noted here) I would usually recommend giving Web Audio Player a try. However, these particular streams don't work in Safari as they seem to be using the OGG container, so they don't work in either app.

I was expecting something like that. Just tried with VLC and that actually works and I can hear the stream. But there seems to be no option to get the audio out of VLC into AUM or AB3.

• Check that update :)

• Yikes this is an awesome update. Tytyty giku

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awesome Update!

• what a great update, now this is a 🏆👑

• Did it get the larger number of presets ppl were asking for?

• This is amazing. It’s also great just for listening to the radio.

• @Gavinski said:
    Did it get the larger number of presets ppl were asking for?

You can favourite any station.. I believe that replaces presets.. don’t know if there’s a limit to that.. 🤷‍♂️

• Can’t see any mention of it, but does this have any randomise functionality?

Cheers :)

• Nice, the selected station is part of the saved state now, thanks @giku_beepstreet!

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

The song recognize feature is amazing. It hasn't failed me yet, even on some obscure stuff.
    Buh-bye Pandora for me, I think.

• This update is so great. Funk to sample literally for days

• Holy cow. Been wanting this for awhile so happy it’s official

• @royor said:

@Gavinski said:
    Did it get the larger number of presets ppl were asking for?

You can favourite any station.. I believe that replaces presets.. don’t know if there’s a limit to that.. 🤷‍♂️

Sweet! Hmm, definitely no coincidence that they stepped up on this just as that rival Radio Audio Unit app emerged 🤓

• @wim said:
    The song recognize feature is amazing. It hasn't failed me yet, even on some obscure stuff.
    Buh-bye Pandora for me, I think.

Yeah that is bloody great!