Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New EP released

This is my first EP release called Electronic Light.

My first album, a compilation of 2 years of learning to create music through life’s struggles. I learned a lot through writing, recording and mixing the music on this release!

Made 100% with iOS. Price is free. Please let me know what you think - thankful for the listens!

https://jonmcmillan.bandcamp.com/album/electronic-light

Comments

• Admittedly, I’m only listening on iPad Pro speakers, but the production and pacing of the developments are very good. You’ve certainly nailed the genre you seem to be going for and to a very high standard. Musically, it’s a pleasant first listen, but I’m not sure there’s much to keep me coming back for repeated sittings. That’s probably just me though, I’m hard to please and allergic to the standard ‘easy’ harmonic progressions. Nothing wrong with them, I’ve just heard them too often.

Anyway, well done. If you really have only been creating music for a couple of years, it’s an outstanding achievement.

• Digging this, mate
    I generally listen first with a headphone, and then change to another or some speakers for a second listen. Will probably chime in with more feedback later :lol:

Curious on what is that organ-ish sound at the start of Electronic Light

Thanks for the journey so far :wink: :sunglasses:

• Really cinematic. Loving the timbres you're using :heart:

• Uhhhhh. This is fantastic. WOW. Listening on my good phones and its great. I have to ask.... did you play or sequence the synths and piano on this?? Great stuff!!!

• @onerez said:
    Uhhhhh. This is fantastic. WOW. Listening on my good phones and its great. I have to ask.... did you play or sequence the synths and piano on this?? Great stuff!!!

Never mind I see you are a pianist..... I really dig this Jon!!!

• edited December 2020

Thank you for the great feedback and compliments! Super happy to read them!

@senhorlampada the organ like sound is bussing together 3 simple triangle wave patches from Fabfilter One in Auria Pro. Each patch is an octave apart. Also there is a Fabfilter Volcano preset on there to give it a little motion, and then an AUX send to Pro R for a long reverb. Essentially this is a clone of Helsinki in Korg Gadget :)

@onerez the piano parts are all played in. Synths parts - some I played and some are programmed. Any automation with filters or volume were added in after recording the notes.

• edited December 2020

Excellent. Kept me listening. Very warm production sound. All of a piece. Quiet Pool was my favorite.
    And the guitar playing. But I liked them all.

• @McM , very nice. Great production and a nice mood throughout. Cooling Down was my favourite, I was just hoping for a blistering Al Di Meola’ish solo at about 1:30 over the guitars but I guess that would have ruined the moment!

• Thanks @McM for the feedback. Loved it indeed. The effort to build it was worth, for sure

• edited December 2020

@LinearLineman @GeoTony thanks for the listens and compliments!

The guitar playing is really good, but not me :# . It’s a sample from @MobileMusic ‘s first (free) sample pack. The song was my contest entry (they had a song contest a few weeks ago), and all sounds are from their sample pack, except the synth lead and snaps sound.

• edited December 2020

@senhorlampada said:
    Thanks @McM for the feedback. Loved it indeed. The effort to build it was worth, for sure

Thank you. It took a little back and forth, but I liked the sound a little better than Helsinki was giving me. I did use Gadget’s Helsinki in Spirited Breath and Quiet Pool. It also sounds nice paired with Pro R.

• edited January 2021

Released on streaming via CD Baby :#

https://jonmcmillan.hearnow.com/