Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Three apps inside Aum -Drums

Curious about your top3 setup. Mine these days:

Eg Pulse - Looperator
Rozeta xox

Comments

1. 909 Drums
    2. DrumComputer
    3. ...MidEast Drummer
  • drum computer
    patterning 2
    grove rider 16

• HoT!!! @reasOne said:
    drum computer
    patterning 2
    grove rider 16

• Drambo
    Poly 2
    Fractal Bits

• Interesting cool setup. What is your midi sequencer here? Can Poly2 trigger notes based on a strict xox linear sequencing style? > @aleyas said:

Drambo
    Poly 2
    Fractal Bits

• Rozeta Rhythm or Poly2 to sequence EG Pulse with Toneboosters Barricade/Reverb.

• edited December 2020

Drambo sampler with my samples from mars kits
    Ruismaker powered by X0X
    Fractal Bits powered by Riffer on chromatic

• edited December 2020

@Sergiu said:
    Interesting cool setup. What is your midi sequencer here? Can Poly2 trigger notes based on a strict xox linear sequencing style? > @aleyas said:

Drambo
    Poly 2
    Fractal Bits

Yeah, Poly 2 is “basically” a spherical xox with higher step resolution. It’s also a lot more than that too. But you can get a four on the floor sequence with literally a single node, so it’s really fast to work with. I do use it as a sequencer for external apps. But it can also trigger its internal samples side by side external control too.

Most the time I use Drambo for drum sequencing especially when I want to get crazy with p-locks and automation. Drambo is really good for things like retriggering, and easily adjusting velocity curves, humanization etc. I built a little beat randomizer for it which I use on Fractal Bits quite often. Sending out p-locked CCs and midi messages to control things like transpose or distortion in FB is really fun too.

Poly 2 is quicker to bang out complex grooves though, and it has some really incredible cycle and probability functions. It has this great triplet timing a you can switch on anytime too, which completely changes the beat’s feel. It’s a really great sequencer for fractal bits. I wanna try sequencing Drum Computer with it also, because they both have 8 voices - but I haven’t bought the IAP on that one yet.

• edited December 2020

Digistix
    Drum Computer
    Ruismakerfm/Ruismaker/Fractal/Skiiid

I know I cheated. Lol.

• Patterning 2
    Fractal Bits powered by Riffer on chromatic (like @Fingolfinzzz )
    Samples of DrumComputer, DM2, ielectribe, other random samples collected over the years sequenced in NS2 Slate.

• Sounds good! I might give it a spin...Looperator is just another beast, that works with everything you throw at it.> @aleyas said:

@Sergiu said:
    Interesting cool setup. What is your midi sequencer here? Can Poly2 trigger notes based on a strict xox linear sequencing style? > @aleyas said:

Drambo
    Poly 2
    Fractal Bits

Yeah, Poly 2 is “basically” a spherical xox with higher step resolution. It’s also a lot more than that too. But you can get a four on the floor sequence with literally a single node, so it’s really fast to work with. I do use it as a sequencer for external apps. But it can also trigger its internal samples side by side external control too.

Most the time I use Drambo for drum sequencing especially when I want to get crazy with p-locks and automation. Drambo is really good for things like retriggering, and easily adjusting velocity curves, humanization etc. I built a little beat randomizer for it which I use on Fractal Bits quite often. Sending out p-locked CCs and midi messages to control things like transpose or distortion in FB is really fun too.

Poly 2 is quicker to bang out complex grooves though, and it has some really incredible cycle and probability functions. It has this great triplet timing a you can switch on anytime too, which completely changes the beat’s feel. It’s a really great sequencer for fractal bits. I wanna try sequencing Drum Computer with it also, because they both have 8 voices - but I haven’t bought the IAP on that one yet.

• • Drambo
    • Drum Computer
    • Lumbeat drummers (Rock and Lite are my two)

Still trying to figure out which way I prefer using Drum Computer; loaded in Drambo as an AU on the main track with multi out to 8 tracks, or just load single instances on a track here and a track there, where ever I need drums. There’s so many different ways to use it!

• Drum Computer
    Egoist
    Patterning 2 or Drambo

Often I will just print my drums first to audio to save on CPU and for tightness.

• I usually use:
    Drambo
    Drum Computer
    Fractal Bits

And sometimes Ruismaker Noir (but mostly just for kicks)

• Noir is a beast for noise/black electronica

• @Sergiu said:
    Noir is a beast for noise/black electronica

Yeah I can definitely see that! I don’y necessarily make noise but I use it for more noisy, chaotic tracks

• @ecamburn said:
    Patterning 2
    Fractal Bits powered by Riffer on chromatic (like @Fingolfinzzz )
    Samples of DrumComputer, DM2, ielectribe, other random samples collected over the years sequenced in NS2 Slate.

Hmmm. Begins to tap the wrapping paper with the scissors...

• McDMcD
    edited December 2020

Only three?

1. Riffer
    2. Noise Melody
    3. Drum Computer

To start.

But I must have a reverb.

My kingdom for a reverb.

A reverb drops the music into an aural space.

No reverb and it's just "data" not sound.

• Yeah..i like reverb on snares/claps or highs ( generally known and used) but for kicks i always like a bit of chorus and distort

• @McD said:
    Only three?

1. Riffer
    2. Noise Melody
    3. Drum Computer

To start.

But I must have a reverb.

My kingdom for a reverb.

A reverb drops the music into an aural space.

No reverb and it's just "data" not sound.

truth