Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria users: All FabFilter plugins 40% off sale through April 24th

FabFilter are having a 10 year anniversary, celebrating with sales, including the Auria plugs. Yay just bought Pro-MB for 23 bucks! Yay will probably never use it's full potential but it's mine!

Comments

• OH MY GOD. :D

• Arrg!! I buy Pro-MB last week :(

Now The only One I don't have is Pro-DS...need to buy??

• Woot woot. Yep, off to get pro-MB as soon as I get home. Thanks for the heads up @ChrisG.

@Sinapsya, I have pro-DS and it doesn't get a ton of use honestly. I bought it over the holidays when they had their last sale. I get a lot of use out of the others though (pro-L and pro-Q and pro-C probably bordering on 'abused').

• Thanks for the heads up @ChrisG, think I might have to complete the collection. I wasn't planning on buying any of these but after hearing @PaulB constantly talk about how much better these plugins are than literally everything else on iOS, I don't see how I could pass. ;)

• @CSwinn at least get Saturn and/or Timeless 2 if you don't have those yet. Saturn can be very processor intensive, but it's deeper than you'd think for "just" being a distortion plug-in. It's more than that! And the modulation capabilities...! Oh and Volcano 2 is nice too (of course).

Btw, anyone had a mess around with FF-MB or FF-C? Do they color the sound in a pleasing way? I've always steered clear of compressors of any type, but i was curious if those added a noticeable character...

• Great,i was thinking about Final touch but i prefer to buy the FB Limiter instead.Was hoping for a sale.

• Great tip @papetiger but those were among the three I already had! I picked both up about a month or two ago after owning ProQ and I haven't done anything other than really goof off with them, but damn do they sound good. Saturn makes a great guitar amp sim, let alone using it to lightly saturate or greatly decimate whatever you're working on. All the modulation possibilities just make them flat out fun too, good call.

I purchased all but Pro G and Micro. Should keep me pretty busy until a midi update!

• edited April 2014

^ Don't sleep on the fact that some of the distortion types go beyond normal distortion algorithms to do weird things, and of course adjusting (modulating?!) the feedback amount and the band affected by the feedback, and band of distortion sound different, and of course... you get the idea. I really love it. duh. :D

• edited April 2014

@Crabman said:

Great,i was thinking about Final touch but i prefer to buy the FB Limiter instead.Was hoping for a sale.

The Pro-L limiter has some serious voodoo stuff goin on under the hood. It's pretty amazing at keeping the audio really well even when cranking things way out of proportion (in any other plug, including FT, the audio would just be destroyed). If you need a limiter that can raise a channel or a whole mix a few Db and without messing with your sound, pro-L it is.

Pro-MB has two modes, compression and expansion.

The other two I consider essentials outside of the mixing oriented plugs, are timeless2 and Saturn. Timeless2 is so much more then a delay plugin thanks to its various filters and the modulation section. The same goes for Saturn, it can be so many other things then a distortion unit. Volcano, I dunno...I use their smaller filter plug Micro, it's a one band filter, super fast to start up and get going with, got a really really juicy, fat nice sound, does high/low pass, just great for filter sweeps etc.

• I love it too, especially when I consider what the desktop bundle would cost.

• @CSwinn is right. These FabFilter plugs are so good, I bought all of them, and I don't even have Auria...

• @ChrisG is full of troof. troofiness.

• Hah, yep, they're more fun that way. With no audio or DAW to worry about you can just tweak all the cool buttons.

• Thanks for sharing this info Chris! :) Just bought FF MB & have all the FF stuff! For mixing - ProQ, ProC, & Saturn are my faves. For sound mangling - Volcano, Timeless2, & Saturn are my faves.

All the best! <3

• Pro MB is a must have for me...I love it!

• How do timeless and volcano work for live guitar playing / recording? Does that work well? I'm tempted.....

• @papertiger said:

@ChrisG is full of troof. troofiness.

English not being my first language, I had to do a good ol' Google on that one lol

@Fozziemusic said:

How do timeless and volcano work for live guitar playing / recording? Does that work well? I'm tempted.....

Timeless should be a good plug for any guitar. Doug (thesoundtestroom) did a great video showing it of with a guitar plugged in. It should still be up on his YouTube channel.

• I just picked up Final Touch and plan to use it as a substitute for MB.
    Very tempted by Saturn.

• Where do I find these in the App Store if I don't have auria? I did a search for fab filter but noting came up

Thanks

• edited April 2014

@nic_b_nice said:

Where do I find these in the App Store if I don't have auria? I did a search for fab filter but noting came up

You have been PaulB'd.

(you actually need Auria to get these)

• Or he has them on a desktop.

• Doh!

Thanks

• Caught the Auria sale a few weeks back and now they lower the plug prices...I've always been critical of the price point. Now I'm off to go eat crow! Regardless, this is one hell of an app.

• @headphones said:

Caught the Auria sale a few weeks back and now they lower the plug prices...I've always been critical of the price point. Now I'm off to go eat crow! Regardless, this is one hell of an app.

Ur makin me kick myself for not catching the auria sale. Thanks! Jk

• Pro-MB is great, subtle until it's too much and it has great MS implementation. Of the two, I think I would get Pro-L first though, probably the best limiter ever made.

• Oh lord...this thread is about to make me lose a quick 162 bucks. Thanks.

• Why do you nerds have both MB and C?!

• Cool the plugs are awesome thx for the info!!

• I was waiting for a sale to grab Pro MB, thanks for posting this :)

• Seriously, I have no doubt that Auria and its plugins are quality bits of software. The only reason I have not bought them is due to a limited budget, owning an iPad 2 and being quite content with the DAWs I do own.