Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

1234568»

Comments

• @dobbs said:
    I'm having weird latency issues. One moment everything's fine, another moment there's notable input delay from my usb midi controller and audio monitoring delay. restarting cubasis seems to resolve this problem... even with audio engine latency switched off I sometimes have notable delay and at other times it's perfect. This is not a big project I'm working on right now, just a drum track, 2 piano tracks and an audio track with some light reverb, that's all.

One time I opened the app store and worked with another app for a bit, then switched back to cubasis and input latency was around 1 second...

Hi @dobbs,

Are you able to provide me with a step description, to allow our engineers reproducing the problem?

Best,
    Lars

• edited January 2021

It just happens sometimes out of the blue. It doesn't happen while playing but rather for example when I switch from audio recording back to a midi instrument. It's happening more often for the midi instruments and only very seldomly for audio recording. The project uses the Microsonic AM Problematic Drum Kit, Ozzy Drum kit and the Microsonic Acoustic piano. Besides that there's just a few audio tracks. I now have multi core off. Can't remember if the problems also appeared with multicore off but they definitely were there when I had audio engine latency on. When the probolm had appeared I would often play around with the audio engine latency settings to see if it had an influence but it didn't (besides a little extra latency ofc). And when I restart the app, the problem is gone and everything's back to normal. My device is an ipad mini 5 with ipadOS 14.3

• Hi Lars,

I sent you a video as a DM. Thanks for having a look!

@LFS said:

@waynerowand said:
    @LFS waynerowandwaynerowand September 4 Flag
    @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

Hi @waynerowand,

Please provide me with a short video clip, that visualizes the issue.
    It's fine to use a iPhone or similar.

Thanks
    Lars

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS waynerowandwaynerowand September 4 Flag
    @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

Hi @waynerowand,

Thanks again for the additional information.
    The issue is planned to be resolved in an upcoming update.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Janosax said:
    Big state saving issue here on 7 Plus and SE 2016, some AUV3 settings are randomly lost, same for internal Waves plugin, can goes back to default when close/open CB3 or after freeze/unfreeze. Ruismaker never keep its settings. 14.3 don’t fix anything. This software don’t work properly after one year, I think it will never work properly, so much bugs that’s incredible. Just a shame I’ve bought it with all iaps (not during sale) to support them but CB3 is not usable for me and others.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/state-saving-bug/679126/8

Hi @Janosax,

Cubasis 3 is supposed to save the state when you close the instrument or effect rack, as you do in the videos. We cannot reproduce this issue on iPad Pro, iOS 14.2, tested with Model 15, Ruismaker, and many other AUs.

Please try the following to help us to narrow down the issue:

1. Does it make a difference if Background Audio is enabled under Setup / Audio?
    2. Does it make a difference if you select a preset in the Cubasis preset browser or in the AU’s internal preset loading system?
    3. Does it make a difference if you go to the home screen first (swipe all the way up), then open the multitask switcher (swipe to the center and hold a bit) and quit Cubasis 3 (swipe it up)?

Thanks
    & stay safe,
    Lars

• edited January 2021

@LFS said:

@Janosax said:
    Big state saving issue here on 7 Plus and SE 2016, some AUV3 settings are randomly lost, same for internal Waves plugin, can goes back to default when close/open CB3 or after freeze/unfreeze. Ruismaker never keep its settings. 14.3 don’t fix anything. This software don’t work properly after one year, I think it will never work properly, so much bugs that’s incredible. Just a shame I’ve bought it with all iaps (not during sale) to support them but CB3 is not usable for me and others.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/state-saving-bug/679126/8

Hi @Janosax,

Cubasis 3 is supposed to save the state when you close the instrument or effect rack, as you do in the videos. We cannot reproduce this issue on iPad Pro, iOS 14.2, tested with Model 15, Ruismaker, and many other AUs.

Please try the following to help us to narrow down the issue:

1. Does it make a difference if Background Audio is enabled under Setup / Audio?
    2. Does it make a difference if you select a preset in the Cubasis preset browser or in the AU’s internal preset loading system?
    3. Does it make a difference if you go to the home screen first (swipe all the way up), then open the multitask switcher (swipe to the center and hold a bit) and quit Cubasis 3 (swipe it up)?

Thanks
    & stay safe,
    Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for providing this info. It seems that solution three greatly help. You can try this:

Ruismaker shows the issue constantly, other AUV3 instruments/effects it’s more randomly.

https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/ruismaker/id1122156899

1- load Ruismaker and move its knobs to change its settings. Playing sounds seems to help with the issue so I use a midi part to trigger Ruismaker.
    2- double home button and swipe the app to close.
    3- Open again. Ruismaker settings are lost, goes back to default.
    4- change settings again, tap home button one time to go to Home Screen then go multitask and swipe Cubasis 3 to close.
    5- open again, Ruismaker settings are still there as they should.
    6- if you double tap home button and swipe app settings will be lost again.

Note that again other AUV3 can have the issue too, but much more randomly so it’s difficult to reproduce. Ruismaker is nice to test and fix.

I can provide a video if needed. You could also update to 14.3 which seems to have its own set of issues if you can’t reproduce with 14.2.

Thanks, stay safe too. Cheers.

• @LFS When does Cubasis actually 'snapshot' the Plug-In / AUv3 parameters?

Doesn't it always (ie. on every parameter change) snapshot Plug-In / AUv3 parameters or only when closing the plug-in view?

If it only snapshots when closing the plug-in view it could explain why the parameters are reverted to 'default/last-snapshot state' when swiping Cubasis off the screen to close it and then relaunching it, this since the 'current snap shot' was never made because the plug-in view was not closed before closing the app?

The 'Project' might be saved on app termination but does that 'Project Save' also trigger a 'update/save plug-in snapshots' in case the plug-in was left 'open'?

Something is definitely fishy wit the plug-in state recall...
    (I've had more success by closing the plug-in views before closing Cubasis, if I've left a plug-in open while closing Cubasis the last changes are sometimes lost, not always though, this could be because I've just opened a plug-in and not changed anything?!).

The developers might be able to shed a light on how Cubasis handles AUv3/Plug-In snapshots...

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• @LFS : Are we ever gonna see a mixing time signatures feature on Cubasis 3?

• @Samu said:
    @LFS When does Cubasis actually 'snapshot' the Plug-In / AUv3 parameters?

Doesn't it always (ie. on every parameter change) snapshot Plug-In / AUv3 parameters or only when closing the plug-in view?

If it only snapshots when closing the plug-in view it could explain why the parameters are reverted to 'default/last-snapshot state' when swiping Cubasis off the screen to close it and then relaunching it, this since the 'current snap shot' was never made because the plug-in view was not closed before closing the app?

The 'Project' might be saved on app termination but does that 'Project Save' also trigger a 'update/save plug-in snapshots' in case the plug-in was left 'open'?

(I've had more success by closing the plug-in views before closing Cubasis, if I've left a plug-in open while closing Cubasis the last changes are sometimes lost, not always though, this could be because I've just opened a plug-in and not changed anything?!).

The developers might be able to shed a light on how Cubasis handles AUv3/Plug-In snapshots...

Cheers!
    /Samuel

@Samu said:
    @LFS When does Cubasis actually 'snapshot' the Plug-In / AUv3 parameters?

Cheers!
    /Samuel

Hi Samu,

From our engineering:
    Cubasis saves the AU state when the UI is closed and when Cubasis is closed. It doesn’t save on every parameter change, for performance reasons. However, the bug might also be in the code that loads the AU states when reopening Cubasis 3. We are investigating...

Best,
    Lars

• Is there a way to time stretch MIDI in Cubasis? I’ve hunted about the web and the manual but can’t I find any reference to it.

• @Krupa said:
    Is there a way to time stretch MIDI in Cubasis? I’ve hunted about the web and the manual but can’t I find any reference to it.

Currently no.

I usually record without a metronome (since my timing sucks) in LogicPro and 'stretch' the material afterwards to fit a grid at a certain tempo, I know I'm lazy...

But yeah, stretching midi-events in Cubasis would be a welcome feature!

• Ah cheers @Samu i can cease my insane searching now :) thought I was just missing something simple...

• @Krupa said:
    Ah cheers @Samu i can cease my insane searching now :) thought I was just missing something simple...

Yeah, it's a good idea to 'stop searching' to stay sane as there are many small but still usable things missing ;)

My personal WTF thing is the audio editor and why it always has to open with the entire file selected even if the audio event I wanted to edit only uses a small (already selected using split) portion of the file?!

Ie. if I use 'split' on an audio event the 'split points' are not used when opening the audio editor.

By having the 'audio event start & end' visible in the audio editor it would also make it easier to adjust the start & end of the audio event in case timing needs to be adjusted.

Since 'destructive' edits (Fade In/out, Normalize & Trim) always duplicate the file anyway it would be nice it the 'audio event' was selected by default when opening the audio editor. (And while at it, why not add the option to add split-points in the audio editor as well for easy sample slicing?).

This is definitely something that could be fixed, right @LFS ?

Hopefully we'll get 'audio warping' some day too, those functions are already part of the elastic libraries...

Cheers!

• These things would all be most welcome too @Samu 👍

• edited January 2021

When I mixdown my audio file turn In to noise (cracks, distorted)
    Please update

iPad Pro 2e generation
    iOS 14.1

• @Hebreww said:
    When I mixdown my audio file turn In to noise (cracks, distorted)
    Please update

iPad Pro 2e generation
    iOS 14.1

Hi @Hebreww,

Please provide us with the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
    Lars

• Hi all,

Please note that Cubasis 3.2.1 has been released this morning.
    The update resolves the most frequent issues, reported by our users:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43214/cubasis-3-2-1-maintenance-update-available

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Please note that Cubasis 3.2.1 has been released this morning.
    The update resolves the most frequent issues, reported by our users:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43214/cubasis-3-2-1-maintenance-update-available

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for the update! I Love Cubasis3 and am so happy to see all the improvements with every new update.