Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

Comments

• @ehehehe said:

@Janosax said:

@ehehehe said:

@Samu said:

@LFS said:

>

Thanks for the finding, which has been added by our engineering:

CBT-2343: Cycle button stops working after mixdown to separate tracks

You're welcome @LFS!

Also forward to the 'engineering' the wish to have the Audio Events 'Left(start) & Right(end)' locators to be set to reflect the Audio Events start & end when opening the Audio Event in the Audio Editor, currently the whole file is always selected...
    (For example if I 'split' a file multiple times and wish to 'normalize' one of the Audio Events the whole file is selected when I open the 'chopped' event in the Audio Editor).

This would be killer indeed!

@Janosax your post would have been more informative if you already had tried to update your OS, I get staying to keep everything working, but there will be benefits your updated C3 probably cannot use, why treat app upgrades differently than OS updates if they are mission critical

Thanks for the reply @LFS

For sure, but I will for sure not update the OS for now as it could kill my live workflow with all this AUV3 issues mentioned by other users. I’ve waited 4 months for iOS 13 to be fixed before updating from iOS 12. I still wait for iOS 14 to be really safe before updating. My MidiFire/AUM/GTL live setup is MUCH more crucial for me than CB3. I can understand that updating iOS is important, I make music on iOS since several years, and laptop music since 2000, but we are today stucked to 6/8 months of reliable music production per year on iOS. How cool is this!!! I feel free to complain, and I’m much more a fanboy than a hater B)

Ah, if C3 isn’t your main setup it all makes more sense! Also I completely agree with your points re stability.

Yeah, but I’m highly frustrated because CB3 is my main DAW, even if my live setup is more important, a proper DAW on iOS is very important for me. CB3 has very good features especially automation. It works mostly very well except for that issue I discovered and which ruins everything cause I can loose my mixing work. I hope it’s just iOS 13.7, this is why the will test it on iOS 14.3 with my other devices.

• edited December 2020

@Janosax, 14.3 is recommended by @LFS for CB3. I was reluctant to update, too, but it has worked out great. Happy New Year, mon amie!.

• edited December 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @Janosax, 14.3 is recommended by @LFS for CB3. I was reluctant to update, too, but it has worked out great. Happy New Year, mon amie!.

It seems to work correctly on the SE. I need to try some other things before the big jump on the 7 Plus live rig...
    Joyeuses fêtes à toi aussi, my friend!! :)

• Merci, beaucoup @Janosax. A votre sante! Campari ads and high school French got me through this! 😅🥳

• The bug appeared on SE iOS 14.3 too... so not solved. I have to do that boring report form now, I’ve already spent time report a dozens of CB3 bugs with most of them not being fixed yet. Will do this one too :'(

• edited December 2020

@spiteface said:
    I posted this on the Steinberg forum but there doesn't seem to be much activity there so I thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem. When I use bluetooth earbuds to playback projects everything sounds fine except none of the effects are applied to tracks. Only the original unprocessed sounds/synths are heard. Plug in apple earbuds and everything is back to normal. Any ideas?

1. Summary/Title
      Monitoring with bluetooth earbuds disables all effects.

2. Description
      Set up bluetooth earbuds in settings. Play my track and all of the instruments play and sound good but no effects are applied. Everything looks right with the effects but they just aren’t functioning. Plug in apple lightning earbuds and everything is back to normal - effects are working again.

3. Expected Results
      I expect that effects would still be functional when listening with earbuds.

4. Actual Results
      Everything appears normal but insert and send effects are not applied. Only the dry instrument sounds play. Plugging in wired earbuds resolves the issue.

5. Environment
      iPhone 12
      iOS 14.3
      Cubasis 3.2

Disregard this. I was able to resolve the issue. I had connected by earbuds to my laptop and some point in the past and that was apparently causing some kind of problem. I guess my laptop and phone were trying to connect at the same time or something, who knows. I "forgot" the earbuds as a bluetooth device on my laptop and everything works normally now.

• edited January 2021

• I wonder if we'll ever see this feature in Cubasis for iPadOS?

(Shared Copy, Cloned MIDI Clips and Parts in Cubase)

@LFS is this feature already on the 'to-do' list?
    (If not, it should be...).

• edited January 2021

I'm having weird latency issues. One moment everything's fine, another moment there's notable input delay from my usb midi controller and audio monitoring delay. restarting cubasis seems to resolve this problem... even with audio engine latency switched off I sometimes have notable delay and at other times it's perfect. This is not a big project I'm working on right now, just a drum track, 2 piano tracks and an audio track with some light reverb, that's all.

One time I opened the app store and worked with another app for a bit, then switched back to cubasis and input latency was around 1 second...

• I am getting lots of cracking with plugins, effects. Other daws, it’s fine. I’m on A 2018 iPad pro 12.9 256gb ..... latest iOS.... never got cubasis to EVEr work properly for me ....ever....

• edited January 2021

I thought I'd try updating to 14.3 since it was recommended here. it did kind of cure my latency problems. since cubasis is now crashing every 5 minutes, it's not running long enough for the latency problems to appear. ugh...

I feel like it's happening very often when I'm playing lots of fast notes on the microsonic instruments. (haven't done much else yet since the ios update)

At least the cubasis autosave feature works rather well. Even the part I was recording during the crash is simetimes saved. No comparison to zenbeats where I often lost parts of projects...

@LFS btw is there a list of processors for which it is advised to turn audio engine latency/multicore on or off?

• Big state saving issue here on 7 Plus and SE 2016, some AUV3 settings are randomly lost, same for internal Waves plugin, can goes back to default when close/open CB3 or after freeze/unfreeze. Ruismaker never keep its settings. 14.3 don’t fix anything. This software don’t work properly after one year, I think it will never work properly, so much bugs that’s incredible. Just a shame I’ve bought it with all iaps (not during sale) to support them but CB3 is not usable for me and others.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/state-saving-bug/679126/8

• @Samu said:
    I wonder if we'll ever see this feature in Cubasis for iPadOS?

(Shared Copy, Cloned MIDI Clips and Parts in Cubase)

@LFS is this feature already on the 'to-do' list?
    (If not, it should be...).

It’s a very basic (and I think essential) feature of a DAW or a midi sequencer. I don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented from day 1. But it looks like other people don’t interested as much, which I don’t understand.

• @GLacey said:

It’s a very basic (and I think essential) feature of a DAW or a midi sequencer. I don’t know why it hasn’t been implemented from day 1. But it looks like other people don’t interested as much, which I don’t understand.

Yepp, same would go for 'event loop' which is also missing along with a LOT of 'basic' features.
    (Like why tf is the audio in an audio event not selected when opening the event in the sample editor? No some nt-jb thought it's bright idea open and select the entire file by default instead like seriously?!).

Don't know what is planned for 3.x updates for 2021 but somehow I feel it'll take until Cubasis 4 (ie. another paid update) before we see the more advanced features in place. I would love to be proven wrong here though.

I guess the 'advanced' features don't appeal to new users who are still 'wowed' by 'sh*t I can record audio on my iPad' in 2021...

Oh well, it's still early 2021 and I do hope we'll see some real cool stuff drop before the year ends...

Cheers!

• what is your daw of choice, samu?

• @Samu said:
    I guess the 'advanced' features don't appeal to new users who are still 'wowed' by 'sh*t I can record audio on my iPad' in 2021...

As NS2 sits on my phone/ipad waiting, I would love to be "wowed" by such a feature...

• @dobbs said:
    what is your daw of choice, samu?

Logic Pro on my Mac and when I do sampling on iOS it's BM3.
    And on the iPhone I enjoy GarageBand the most.

• @spiteface said:

@Samu said:

As NS2 sits on my phone/ipad waiting, I would love to be "wowed" by such a feature...

I know, maybe this year or something like that :)

Let's just hope 2021 brings us some awesome stuff!

• edited January 2021

i keep coming back to garageband too, because it just... works :D

• @dobbs said:

i keep coming back to garageband too, because it just... works :D

It has it's fair share of 'issues' as well...
    But for the most part it works quite good.

• edited January 2021

I used GB a lot on iPhone and goes back to it too. I also try to use more my laptop with Ableton too (with NanoKEY Studio and Touchable Pro). Both DAWS just works.

• New Cubasis user here so excuse the dumb question. How do you remove an effect (insert, midi etc). Can't see mention in the manual and tried all the usual techniques. Thanks in advance!

• .> @Cambler said:

New Cubasis user here so excuse the dumb question. How do you remove an effect (insert, midi etc). Can't see mention in the manual and tried all the usual techniques. Thanks in advance!

Tap on the effect in the inspector on the left and set it to None from the effect list popup

• @MobileMusic said:
    .> @Cambler said:

New Cubasis user here so excuse the dumb question. How do you remove an effect (insert, midi etc). Can't see mention in the manual and tried all the usual techniques. Thanks in advance!

Tap on the effect in the inspector on the left and set it to None from the effect list popup

The only thing I didn't try :) Thanks so much!

• they could just add a remove-button to the horizontal bar to streamline things, or do it like garageband...

I still keep having crashes when using the minisampler/microverse instruments, does anybody else have these problems? Recording audio and playback of midi I already entered works fine (besides the appearance of absurd amounts of latency every now and then that force me to restart cubasis...)

• As someone who uses Cubase all day for work I love the fact that I can take the iPad mini around Tokyo, literally in my back pocket, and do work anywhere that I can then transfer into a full desktop session. Cubasis 3 has lost some of that functionality unfortunately and doesn’t export most settings into Cubase project, I know it’s a separate team but it’s a bummer.

However, Cubasis 2 will export and then open in Nuendo 10 with all volume and pan automation, mostly all internal plugin settings ( including Waves ), and all Minilogue to Retrologue patches / settings as well. It’s pretty fantastic really, just a bummer that it seems to be lost now with the new Cubasis 3.

Still feel like Cubasis 3 is super laggy compared to Cubasis 2, like pressing the solo button for instance - CB2 it’s just instant on / off, CB3 there a little fade in animation and feels slower. Zooming and navigating are much faster in CB2, love that playback scrub too.

But if CB3 is working well for you then ignore these remarks, I push these apps pretty hard and am always doing a lot of editing / automating / arranging so I’m extra critical. If your mostly just recording and playing back you won’t feel the same way most likely.

• edited January 2021

Hmm I’ve been thinking of grabbing a Cubasis Le in the sale before it ends today but all this talk of smooth use in v2 over features in v3 has me confused. I’ve currently got older idevices (iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 9.7) so maybe v3 would be too much for them and v2 would be better in the short term... I mainly want a slick audio arrangement editor with mpe editing, I’ve got Auria which is really good but feels heavy and evolution mobile which I want to like and seems really good, but I am finding is a bit eccentric as I begin learning it, any thoughts anyone?

• @ecamburn said:
    Thanks @Lars and @Samu . Freezing works, including mixdowns so batch processing is possible.

I picked up CB3 in the recent sale and am digging it so far. Appreciate the active development of the app.

Great, Thanks for the update, @ecamburn!
    Enjoy making music!

Stay safe,
    Lars

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS waynerowandwaynerowand September 4 Flag
    @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

Hi @waynerowand,

Please provide me with a short video clip, that visualizes the issue.
    It's fine to use a iPhone or similar.

Thanks
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2021

@Janosax said:
    Cubasis 3.2 is not reliable enough, I’m sad to say @LFS. I’ve lost some plug-ins settings several times after opening CB 3 again. For example, Eos 2, Bleass Delay and EVEN internal Waves Strip tweaked settings goes back to default. That is totally random, no factors seems to produce that issue. Just close CB3 and open it again. If you do it faster it seems to happen more often. Making a project backup before closing CB3 can help here, but checking all plugins every time is not something possible, I need to trust my DAW. Reminds me the unreliability of Cubase VST 32 back in 2000’. This is with iPhone 7 and iOS 13.7. I will check with iPad Air 3, iPhone SE 2016 as both are on iOS/iPad14.

Hi @Janosax,

Thanks for your message.

If you're able to provide me with a step description and our engineers are able to reproduce it, there is a good chance for a fix. Please see our feedback below (and in the SMTG forum too), and let us have your feedback.

Thanks,
    Lars