Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

Comments

• @LFS Any idea about what changed between Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 in regards to not being able to use multiple Keystep sequencers simultaneously? One Keystep plugged into the hub Cubasis 3 runs fine. 2 Keysteps plugged into the hub Cubasis 3 crashes at the splash screen. Multiple sequencers is integral to my music making. Any insight would be appreciated.

• @LFS, @Rodolfo, thank you 🙏🏽

I had tried everything, but what I usually would have done with any other iPhone problem. Restart. 🤦🏽‍♂️
    I guess that what’s happens when I’m half awake still tinkering with my idevice when I should be sleep.

Thank you both again for your help, they all show now.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

• Thank you @Hypervox also, had missed your reply when reading the comments. 🙏🏽

• Has the zooming been improved? In V2 it was always a pita to pinch to a decent view. Was one of my real showstoppers. I like the Gadget way of opening a clip: Doubletap and zoomed right into one bar left to right top to bottom...

• edited December 2020

@dermichl said:
    Has the zooming been improved? In V2 it was always a pita to pinch to a decent view. Was one of my real showstoppers. I like the Gadget way of opening a clip: Doubletap and zoomed right into one bar left to right top to bottom...

1. Zooming in Piano Roll editor in v3 is now implemented with a slider at the bottom right on per-event basis (item #51 in my bug list). Each event has its own zoom level and it is persisted for the current session only. However the zoom factor (vertical & horizontal) and editor height need to be persisted across sessions. It’s ok if the same horizontal and vertical zoom factor is used across all the events in the editor - as long as they (and the editor height) are persisted across sessions, that would be great. Applying the same zoom factor to all events is much more ideal and consistent.

51) Zooming in Automation Editor is implemented with a slider at the bottom right and it zooms horizontally. This also needs to be persisted across sessions.

36) Zooming in Arranger in v3 is implemented with a slider at the bottom right offering 5 levels of track heights (vertical zoom) and horizontal zoom (item #36 in my list) and it is persisted across sessions as expected. I’m impressed by this change.

Please apply all persistence settings and bug fixes to v2 as well.

@LFS

(EDITED)

• edited December 2020

@Rodolfo, does it fail to load correctly on the iPad as well, or just the phone? Thanks.

• edited December 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @Rodolfo, does it fail to load correctly on the iPad as well, or just the phone? Thanks.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by “fail to load”. I managed to pirchase the Waves Tune in C2 and teansferred to C3. It’s working fine on both, my iPad and iPhone (IOS 13.7).

• @Rodolfo said:

@allegedly_audible said:
    Hello @LFS
    I have just opened Cubasis 3 after it’s newest update on the latest version of iOS, after not using it in a while. I use a iPhone 6s Plus.

All my projects with audio units told me that the audio units where not on my phone.
    The apps do appear under in-apps, but the audio unit lists in blank.
    I opened the standalone version of the apps to see if that would make them appear in the list, but they still don’t.
    I deleted the app and reinstalled, but to no avail.

I tried to look on your website, this site and googled, but cannot find any help to my problem.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

That’s a known issue in IOS 14.x (all revisions) and it has nothing to do with Cubasis, AUM, or any other host. The only workaround so far is to restart the device.

@Rodolfo said:

@allegedly_audible said:
    Hello @LFS
    I have just opened Cubasis 3 after it’s newest update on the latest version of iOS, after not using it in a while. I use a iPhone 6s Plus.

All my projects with audio units told me that the audio units where not on my phone.
    I opened the standalone version of the apps to see if that would make them appear in the list, but they still don’t.

I tried to look on your website, this site and googled, but cannot find any help to my problem.
    Thank you.

That’s a known issue in IOS 14.x (all revisions) and it has nothing to do with Cubasis, AUM, or any other host. The only workaround so far is to restart the device.

@Rodolfo, this. AU loading.

• @LinearLineman said:

@Rodolfo said:

@allegedly_audible said:
    Hello @LFS

Thank you.

@Rodolfo said:

@allegedly_audible said:
    Hello @LFS

Thank you.

@Rodolfo, this. AU loading.

Ah, ok, now I understand. I’m running on 13.7 so fortunately not experiencing this issue yet.

• edited December 2020

@LFS said:

@Iskander said:

@Iskander said:
    I‘ve bought Waves tune real-time inside CB3.
    In CB2 it doesn‘t show ‚bought‘ and I have to buy again? Restoring purchases does not work.

By the way, many thanks for the brilliant update.

Every time I start CB3, I have to restore my purchase of Waves tune real-time. That‘s annoying.

Hi all,

If you encounter the same issue:
    Please make sure iCloud is enabled on your iOS device which should quickly resolve the problem.

Best,
    Lars

Many thanks, Lars.

This does the trick. Problem solved.

• I’m getting unexpected results when rendering time stretched audio. Here’s my process:

*timestretch the loop.
    *reduce the tempo by half. Play the loop to make sure it sounds like expected
    *render the audio. I’ve tried rendering via mix down and transferring to media bay inside audio editing window. In both cases the resulting audio file plays at the original tempo

Can anyone else confirm this, or tell me what I’m doing wrong?

• I posted this on the Steinberg forum but there doesn't seem to be much activity there so I thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem. When I use bluetooth earbuds to playback projects everything sounds fine except none of the effects are applied to tracks. Only the original unprocessed sounds/synths are heard. Plug in apple earbuds and everything is back to normal. Any ideas?

1. Summary/Title
      Monitoring with bluetooth earbuds disables all effects.

2. Description
      Set up bluetooth earbuds in settings. Play my track and all of the instruments play and sound good but no effects are applied. Everything looks right with the effects but they just aren’t functioning. Plug in apple lightning earbuds and everything is back to normal - effects are working again.

3. Expected Results
      I expect that effects would still be functional when listening with earbuds.

4. Actual Results
      Everything appears normal but insert and send effects are not applied. Only the dry instrument sounds play. Plugging in wired earbuds resolves the issue.

5. Environment
      iPhone 12
      iOS 14.3
      Cubasis 3.2

• @LFS said:

@Iskander said:

@Iskander said:
    In CB2 it doesn‘t show ‚bought‘ and I have to buy again? Restoring purchases does not work.

Every time I start CB3, I have to restore my purchase of Waves tune real-time. That‘s annoying.

Hi all,

Please make sure iCloud is enabled on your iOS device which should quickly resolve the problem.

Lars, are you saying that the CB3 IAPs are not guaranteed to work properly for anyone not using iCloud?
    Thanks...

• @Samu said:
    @LFS Sorry, here's another one...

After doing an Mixdown using 'Create separate files for tracks' the Loop Icon gets 'stuck' so I can no longer Toggle Loop On/Off without re-launching Cubasis. (Loop remains 'off' even though the Loop Icon is lit).

It only gets stuck when using the option 'Create separate files for tracks'.
    Just enable the Loop before doing the mix down using 'Create separate files for tracks' export and it will get 'stuck'.

If Loop is not enabled before doing the multi-track Mixdown it doesn't get stuck...
    (I suspect the export/render function uses the locator and loop function but forgets to update the UI or something like that).

Cheers!

Hi @Samu,

Thanks for the finding, which has been added by our engineering:

CBT-2343: Cycle button stops working after mixdown to separate tracks

Best,
    Lars

• @ehehehe said:

@LFS said:

Important Note:
    When using Audio Unit plug-ins with Cubasis 3.2, we strongly recommend that you update your iPhone and iPad devices to iOS/iPadOS 14.2, which resolves several Audio Unit-related problems.

Is this still valid or would 14.3 be better?

The playhead randomly stops after about ten bars with just Drum Computer running with its sequencer synced. Looping prevents this behaviour.

Hi @ehehehe,

Thanks for your report, which has been added:

CBT-2344: Playback stops after some time if there are no events

Best,
    Lars

• @rs2000 said:

@LFS said:

@Iskander said:

@Iskander said:

Hi all,

Lars, are you saying that the CB3 IAPs are not guaranteed to work properly for anyone not using iCloud?
    Thanks...

Hi @rs2000,

The IAPs do work fine.
    In some cases, it might be required to enable iCloud once in regards to the Waves Tune IAP.

Best,
    Lars

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS Any idea about what changed between Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 in regards to not being able to use multiple Keystep sequencers simultaneously? One Keystep plugged into the hub Cubasis 3 runs fine. 2 Keysteps plugged into the hub Cubasis 3 crashes at the splash screen. Multiple sequencers is integral to my music making. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi @waynerowand,

Did you try restarting Cubasis?
    Keystep = Arturia KeyStep?

Best,
    Lars

• @ecamburn said:
    I’m getting unexpected results when rendering time stretched audio. Here’s my process:

*timestretch the loop.
    *render the audio. I’ve tried rendering via mix down and transferring to media bay inside audio editing window. In both cases the resulting audio file plays at the original tempo

Hi @ecamburn,

Gave it a quick check using one of our included factory loops, where things work as expected.
    Please let us have more details, where things fail at your end.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

>

You're welcome @LFS!

Also forward to the 'engineering' the wish to have the Audio Events 'Left(start) & Right(end)' locators to be set to reflect the Audio Events start & end when opening the Audio Event in the Audio Editor, currently the whole file is always selected...
    (For example if I 'split' a file multiple times and wish to 'normalize' one of the Audio Events the whole file is selected when I open the 'chopped' event in the Audio Editor).

I do get that sometimes there is the need to process the entire file but what if I just want to normalize a section of the file that I've used 'split' on to create a new audio event? (It means I have to 're-select' the section that I've already selected using 'split' and it's highly unlikely that I'll be sample accurate on the second selection...).

In the MediaBay it would be super handy to have a 'Tab' called 'Current Project' as it would make it super fast and easy to re-use the already existing audio & midi events without duplication which happens if one has to use 'Save To Media Bay' and then 'copy' it back to the Project.

The 'Current Project' tab could also be used to store samples for 'Session Dependent' MiniSampler instruments...
    (Ie. many times a MiniSampler instrument is used in one project only and this it could just 'reference' an existing audio file that is already present in the project). This would also 'prepare' the projects file management for a proper 'Sampler Track' ;)

And finally, add support for Files.app pop-over making it easier to drag'n'drop files directly into the Project or MiniSampler instead of having to do the duplicate race by importing to MediaBay first and then another copy into the Project...

Cheers & Advance Happy New Year!
    /Samuel

• @LFS said:

@ecamburn said:
    I’m getting unexpected results when rendering time stretched audio. Here’s my process:

*timestretch the loop.

Hi @ecamburn,

Gave it a quick check using one of our included factory loops, where things work as expected.

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for checking @Lars.

This video shows what’s happening. Results are the same when using mixdown to render.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• @ecamburn said:

@LFS said:

@ecamburn said:

*timestretch the loop.

Hi,

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for checking @Lars.

This video shows what’s happening. Results are the same when using mixdown to render.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi @ecamburn,

Thanks for the additional info.

In the given example you‘ve created another file version via the „save to media“ option in the audio editor - which worked as expected.

To render the track, please tap the Track Freeze button in the tracklist (*-Button), or go to „Media/Mixdown“ to create a mixdown of your project.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @ecamburn said:

>

Have you tried 'Freezing' the track and saving the resulting audio?
    (This is the way I do it all the time, stretch->freeze->save).

As far as I know the stretching & pitch-shifting that Cubasis does is 'realtime' so the original file is never modified.
    @LFS may correct me here if I'm wrong...

Cheers!

• edited December 2020

Cubasis 3.2 is not reliable enough, I’m sad to say @LFS. I’ve lost some plug-ins settings several times after opening CB 3 again. For example, Eos 2, Bleass Delay and EVEN internal Waves Strip tweaked settings goes back to default. That is totally random, no factors seems to produce that issue. Just close CB3 and open it again. If you do it faster it seems to happen more often. Making a project backup before closing CB3 can help here, but checking all plugins every time is not something possible, I need to trust my DAW. Reminds me the unreliability of Cubase VST 32 back in 2000’. This is with iPhone 7 and iOS 13.7. I will check with iPad Air 3, iPhone SE 2016 as both are on iOS/iPad14.

• Thanks @Lars and @Samu . Freezing works, including mixdowns so batch processing is possible.

I picked up CB3 in the recent sale and am digging it so far. Appreciate the active development of the app.

• @LFS LFS September 4 Flag
    @waynerowand said:
    @LFS Hi Lars, after further experimentation I’ve narrowed down the cause of the crash. 2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, crash city. 1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected.

Now we know. Could it be an issue with naming conventions and how Cubasis 3 is seeing peripherals? In CB2 both keysteps show up as devices but are both named Keystep.

Anyone else have multiple Keysteps and can confirm?

Thanks all!

Is this reproducible?
    If so, could you please share the exact steps?

Thanks again
    & stay well,
    Lars

• @LFS waynerowandwaynerowand September 4 Flag
    @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@Samu said:

@LFS said:

>

You're welcome @LFS!

Also forward to the 'engineering' the wish to have the Audio Events 'Left(start) & Right(end)' locators to be set to reflect the Audio Events start & end when opening the Audio Event in the Audio Editor, currently the whole file is always selected...
    (For example if I 'split' a file multiple times and wish to 'normalize' one of the Audio Events the whole file is selected when I open the 'chopped' event in the Audio Editor).

This would be killer indeed!

@Janosax your post would have been more informative if you already had tried to update your OS, I get staying to keep everything working, but there will be benefits your updated C3 probably cannot use, why treat app upgrades differently than OS updates if they are mission critical

Thanks for the reply @LFS

For sure, but I will for sure not update the OS for now as it could kill my live workflow with all this AUV3 issues mentioned by other users. I’ve waited 4 months for iOS 13 to be fixed before updating from iOS 12. I still wait for iOS 14 to be really safe before updating. My MidiFire/AUM/GTL live setup is MUCH more crucial for me than CB3. I can understand that updating iOS is important, I make music on iOS since several years, and laptop music since 2000, but we are today stucked to 6/8 months of reliable music production per year on iOS. How cool is this!!! I feel free to complain, and I’m much more a fanboy than a hater B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.