Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

Comments

• I just wanted to say THANK YOU, the amount of work and improvements are genuinely impressive.

I had to do a hard restart for all the IAA to show up, but that resolved that with no problem. And I purchased the IAP as thanks even though I have no use for an auto tuner (my personal vocals as so awful they flirt with war crime status).

You guys are awesome, and there is NOTHING else that is as full featured a DAW on iOS. Yes piece meal I can do everything I need, but this is the closest to a desktop DAW that’s available.

P.S. Even though bugs still remain this update should be a VERY clear signal that the team will continue to dedicate resources to correct them and add functionality. Thanks, yet again!

• Please add custom scales to Waves Tune! I really appreciate that you ported it to ios at all, but working with autotune on a daily basis with a wide range of vocal styles i can tell you that custom scales are really quite essential. Often times vocal melodies dont make use of all the notes in a musical scale. Pitch correction with the whole scale will result in artifacts that can easily be avoided using smaller custom scales. In 2020 there is still no professional quality Autotune on ios. Most apps either sound bad or have bad stability problems. I bought all of them and used the better ones on many occasions. I was even considering switching to cubasis when i heard the news about Waves Tune. But without Custom Scales i will not be able to use it for most projects. I would also really love if you added the „Target Pitch“ feature even though it is not as essential for daily use.

• @rattenjunge said:
    Please add custom scales to Waves Tune! I really appreciate that you ported it to ios at all, but working with autotune on a daily basis with a wide range of vocal styles i can tell you that custom scales are really quite essential. Often times vocal melodies dont make use of all the notes in a musical scale. Pitch correction with the whole scale will result in artifacts that can easily be avoided using smaller custom scales. In 2020 there is still no professional quality Autotune on ios. Most apps either sound bad or have bad stability problems. I bought all of them and used the better ones on many occasions. I was even considering switching to cubasis when i heard the news about Waves Tune. But without Custom Scales i will not be able to use it for most projects. I would also really love if you added the „Target Pitch“ feature even though it is not as essential for daily use.

I agree... @LFS , would it be possible? I know it's supposed to be a stripped down version of the desktop plugin, but custom scales would be great. Especially if notes could be added or removed from the scale with MIDI.

• @rattenjunge said:
    Please add custom scales to Waves Tune! I really appreciate that you ported it to ios at all, but working with autotune on a daily basis with a wide range of vocal styles i can tell you that custom scales are really quite essential. Often times vocal melodies dont make use of all the notes in a musical scale. Pitch correction with the whole scale will result in artifacts that can easily be avoided using smaller custom scales. In 2020 there is still no professional quality Autotune on ios. Most apps either sound bad or have bad stability problems. I bought all of them and used the better ones on many occasions. I was even considering switching to cubasis when i heard the news about Waves Tune. But without Custom Scales i will not be able to use it for most projects. I would also really love if you added the „Target Pitch“ feature even though it is not as essential for daily use.

+1 on this...

I hope @LFS and his team will add 'Target Pitch' once we can feed midi to a plug-in hosted on an audio-track?

Custom Scales with the up/down tuning per note is also something I would find super handy.
    I can't sing in tune at all but I know when to go up/down when correcting the recording (Using Flex Pitch in Logic).

With target pitch it would also be possible to really 're-tune' to vocals to one note with no pitch fluctuation we'd say hello to mono-tone auto-tuned vocals :)

I have no doubts that Cubasis will improve even more during 2021!

For now I'll just focus on using the app and see how long I can ignore the small 'statics' when tweaking instruments as they are not present during playback, just when tweaking the settings.

Cheers!

• edited December 2020

@LFS I have no audio engine latency setting on CB 3.2 on my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 13.7. Is it only for iPadOS or iOS/iPadOS 14?

• @Janosax, I still have iOS 13 something on my iPad and audio engine appears. The phone may be different, tho. Happy holidays to you!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Janosax, I still have iOS 13 something on my iPad and audio engine appears. The phone may be different, tho. Happy holidays to you!

Thanks happy holidays to you too!!!

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2020

The multicore rendering is spotty at best on iPad Pro 10.5”. Not sure why, I’ve tried various settings. Some people on FB are reporting the same thing on the 10.5” Pro (need to turn it off to get rid of crackles). It works great on my iPhone 11 but the iPad is obviously the primary platform. I think the 10.5” Pro have 6 cores, where 3 of those are high performance cores and the remaining 3 cores are low power cores.

Can you look into it please, @LFS .👍

• edited December 2020

After the update I have noticed loss of performance. DSP started to jump like crazy between 50 and 100% and occasional sound cracks. With only a few AUv3s loaded. Fortunately adjusting latency options improved the situation.

Please do not break it with updates!

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Just updated was trying out the keyboard shortcuts. They work well but I noticed that you can’t activate a shortcut when this pop up shows up. You have to wait until it disappears in order to activate another shortcut.

Also I’ve noticed that there is no horizontal or vertical scrolling on the timeline using a trackpad such as the magic keyboard. Just a few suggestions off of my first run play through. Otherwise everything else is smooth so far.

Hi @YZJustDatGuy,

Thanks for your report, which has been added to our bugbase:

CBT-2335: Keyboard shortcuts don't work while undo info popup is visible

Best,
    Lars

• Yikes. Should have waited to update based on these latest reports. Well, time to take a break and give some other apps a try.

• I updated CB2 and on opening their was a pop up fir waves and it completely froze there. Seems fine after a shutdown of app.

• I was having trouble running MOOG Model D, was a crackling etc, then I turned off Audio Engine Latency which disabled the Multi Core Rendering and now it’s back to normal. On a 2019 iPad mini.

• @LFS said:

@arktek said:
    @LFS I have been testing out Cubasis this evening. I have been running Model 15 in it. Figured if anything was going to test it that would. It does push the DSP usage high, but one thing I have noticed is that when I select the buffer setting to 42.7 ms the sound breaks up and it sounds like it's moving slow / like half the samples in the sound are being missed or something. It's buzzing and crackling. It's OK at the other latency settings. I tried the same part with Aparillo and that's working OK so something related to Model 15. I've restarted and cleared memory and all of that silly stuff.

Question: I am using an iPad Pro 9.7. Is this model utilising multiple cores in Cubasis or is this only for later models?

Thanks for all your work.

Hi @arktek,

Below please find the feedback from our engineering:

This model has only 2 CPU cores, which means that Cubasis 3 doesn’t do multi-core rendering, in order to keep one of the cores available for all the non-audio stuff (UI, touch, iOS…)
    But still, Audio Unit performance should be better even without multi-core rendering.
    Please try to set the Device Latency to ~5 or 10ms, then set the Audio Engine Latency either to “off” or to twice the amount of device latency (in this case around 10 or 20ms). One of these setups should yield better performance than before the update, at least for most Audio Units.

PS: Setting the Device Latency to ~20ms or more might cause issues with some Audio Units. Try reloading the project after changing the latency, but there’s no guarantee that this will help.

Best,
    Lars

Hi Lars,
    Just as I thought. Oh well. One thing though, there is no audio engine latency setting visible on the iPad. There is on my iPhone 8 which has 6 cores. So is this setting only available when you have multi core availability? If so, what does it refer to?

• @kdogg I think there might be an issue with the Moog apps. I have found that Model 15 doesn't play well at 42.7ms.

• @ehehehe said:
    Some weird stuff happening at seemingly random, investigating. Samplr wont record live audio, the recorder timeline symbol just keeps spinning.. Animoog works fine using the same track routing (no midi) option.

How do you load animoog? AFAIK it's not AUv3. Thanks for the info.

• edited December 2020

If you guys wanted to throw some Ableton Link support in the next update, you know, that’d be cool.

• @Rodolfo said:
    If I buy the Waves Tune in Cubasis 2, will I be able to transfer it to Cubasis 3? And viceversa?
    I would like to have it in both versions, so just trying to find out if there’s a way to purchase it only once.

@LFS sorry to disturb you with this again, just trying to know if I buy the Waves Tune plugin in Cubasis 2 it will be possible to transfer it to Cubasis 3. Thank you!

• @arktek said:
    @kdogg I think there might be an issue with the Moog apps. I have found that Model 15 doesn't play well at 42.7ms.

Gotcha, yeah with the Latency disabled I’m getting similar results as Cubasis 2. Gonna explore these key commands a bit more now :smile:

• @Rodolfo said:

@Rodolfo said:
    If I buy the Waves Tune in Cubasis 2, will I be able to transfer it to Cubasis 3? And viceversa?
    I would like to have it in both versions, so just trying to find out if there’s a way to purchase it only once.

Yes it works from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3. Viceversa : I don’t know.

• @mosquito said:

@Rodolfo said:

@Rodolfo said:

Thank you!

• Is it possible to transfer Cubase 2 Iap from iPad to Cubase 3 on iPhone? My iPad is too old to run Cubase 3

• @mosquito said:

@Rodolfo said:

@Rodolfo said:

Viceversa does not work. I have this problem

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Iskander said:
    Hallo Lars, nachdem ich beim Backup immer wieder auf Probleme stoße und ich kein Abbild des Cubasis-Ordners als Backup hinbekomme (wohl ein Copy-Problem der Files-App), bin ich jetzt auf das Thema ‚Auslagern einer App‘ in den Einstellungen/Allgemein/iPad Speicher/Cubasis 3 gekommen. Bei der Auslagerung sollten die Daten und Einstellungen auf dem Gerät unberührt bleiben.
    Meine Hoffnung ist, dass ich dann nach der Neuinstallation eine saubere Cubasis-Version habe, (hoffentlich) alle Daten wieder einlesen kann und mein ‚Restore Purchase‘-Problem gelöst ist.
    (Ich hatte auf diese Art auch bei einer anderen App MixBox Erfolg, die jetzt ohne Probleme funktioniert)
    Habt Ihr so etwas schon mal probiert bzw. könntet Ihr das testweise mal durchführen?
    Vielen herzlichen Dank.

iPad Pro 10.5“ / iPadOS 14.3

Hi Iskander,

leider sind uns weiterhin keine Probleme mit dem Waves Tune RT In-App Kauf bekannt.

Du kannst die "Auslagern einer App" Funktion gerne auf eigenes Risiko probieren. Grundsätzlich empfehlen wir all unseren Usern, regelmäßige Backups ihrer Daten durchzuführen.

Hier noch ein weiterer Tipp unseres Engineerings:

Bzgl. des Backup Problems könntest Du die Komprimierungsfunktion der Files App ausprobieren:
    Long-tap a folder (e.g. Cubasis 3/Audio/My Audio Files, or Cubasis 3/Projects) and select Compress to create a zip file which can easily be moved to a cloud drive or a computer.

Viel Erfolg,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

@Rodolfo said:

@Rodolfo said:

@LFS sorry to disturb you with this again, just trying to know if I buy the Waves Tune plugin in Cubasis 2 it will be possible to transfer it to Cubasis 3. Thank you!

Hi @Rodolfo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Cubasis 2 in-app purchases can be freely transferred to Cubasis 3.
    It is not possible to transfer Cubasis 3 in-app purchases to Cubasis 2.

These are the steps:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.4 is installed on your iPad
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Important:
    In some cases, it is required to open the in-app shop in Cubasis 2, once the app has launched itself (being triggered from the “Transfer” popup button).

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Lars

• @Skyblazer said:

@rattenjunge said:

I agree... @LFS , would it be possible? I know it's supposed to be a stripped down version of the desktop plugin, but custom scales would be great. Especially if notes could be added or removed from the scale with MIDI.

It might be possible that plug-ins are updated in the future.
    For now, there are no further information available.

• @LFS please answer :)

@Janosax said:
    @LFS I have no audio engine latency setting on CB 3.2 on my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 13.7. Is it only for iPadOS or iOS/iPadOS 14?

• @rivermonster said:
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU, the amount of work and improvements are genuinely impressive.

I had to do a hard restart for all the IAA to show up, but that resolved that with no problem. And I purchased the IAP as thanks even though I have no use for an auto tuner (my personal vocals as so awful they flirt with war crime status).

You guys are awesome, and there is NOTHING else that is as full featured a DAW on iOS. Yes piece meal I can do everything I need, but this is the closest to a desktop DAW that’s available.

P.S. Even though bugs still remain this update should be a VERY clear signal that the team will continue to dedicate resources to correct them and add functionality. Thanks, yet again!

Hi @rivermonster,

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to read that the update seems to work fine with all your IAA plug-ins.
    In addition, thanks for the Waves Tune purchases. Now having it already, it might be worth starting a career as a singer... ;)

Thanks again!

Stay safe,
    Lars