Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using aftertouch to control Leslie in Galileo organ

Does anyone know how I can use StreamByter to allow me to use aftertouch to turn on the Leslie in Galileo organ only while I am holding down a note or notes and turn it off when I release.

Comments

• @turtle said:
    Does anyone know how I can use StreamByter to allow me to use aftertouch to turn on the Leslie in Galileo organ only while I am holding down a note or notes and turn it off when I release.

What are you using to trigger the Aftertouch? And is it true polyphonic aftertouch or Channel pressure?

• @turtle said:

You'd need to MIDI map the Leslie brake control to a CC. Then send 7F to turn it on, 0 for off. It'd be fairly easy to detect aftertouch (MT==A0 or C0) to turn it on. But without knowing more about your keyboard, I'm not sure how to handle the release. Counting the note on and note off messages would work, but could be tricky. My KBs don't have aftertouch, so I've no experience with this. Could you use MIDI Wrench or equivalent to see exactly what your KB sends for one note, held, and for a chord or arpeggio?

You might also try posting this on the StreamByter forum? The solution might already exist.

Are you sure this is what you want? You'll have the Leslie acceleration delay each time you start it (probably burn out the motor in the real deal). Maybe you could just map a button on your KB to quickly turn it on/off while playing; that's what I did.

• edited December 2020

I've not used Galileo much but if your target can be CC controlled something like these might work. A bit crude perhaps, but a good place to start. The simple code below sends out CC#74 if you receive a kind of Aftertouch on MIDI channel 1.

• Thank you so much spooky zoo. I am using an Arturia keystep so it’s just channel aftertouch.
    The code you sent me works fine if I want the Leslie normally on with the aftertouch turning it off until I release the keys, I now need to work out how to reverse so the Leslie is off unless aftertouch is enabled. But thank you so much.

• UncleDave thanks for your help.

• I tried a different approach and changed a value from$72 to$2 to let me control Eventides Rotary plugin but this won’t work with momentary data and insists on latching. Which means for me a complete change of playing technique. But ho hum it’s all a fascinating learning curve. Have a great Christmas and stay virus free folks.

• @turtle The script forwards the aftertouch value on to the selected CC. I have a few questions:

• Which Galileo control have you mapped the script CC to?
    • What does your KB send for aftertouch on attack and on release?
    • If the script is working backwards, the fix might be to insert mat M1 = 7F -M1 before the snd.
  • Thanks I’ll try that fix