Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hardware controllers with their own Editor Apps?

Hello,

I apologize if this thread isn't directly Audiobus-related. This is the best resource I know of to make this inquiry.

Does anyone know of any hardware MIDI/USB controllers that have their own iOS app dedicated for editing the controller's settings? I would like to be able to use a controller that doesn't have on-board editing features, but without having to go to my laptop to change settings. I sold my MPK Mini for this very reason.

Thanks!

Comments

• qunexus and quneo have editor apps. My old Triggerfinger does as well, though I have to jump to a pc emulator to edit, as it's outdated.

• It's an iOS app? The only editor apps I've ever seen for Keith McMillan stuff are all OSX or Windows-based.

• Not for iOS. I've been asking for that for some time now.

• Hehe it's funny 'cause it was specifically the QuNexus that I'd really love to see this for!

I'm guessing this is going to become a normal feature, probably sooner than later. It just makes sense. (obviously this is wishful thinking)

• Agreed. I was wanting it for Qunexus too.

• sorry. misread.

• Agreed, this would be very helpful for all kinds of controllers. I wonder if someone could possible make an app that could actually recognize multiple controllers and save presets etc for them. Kind of like MidiBridge, but better. Maybe they could actually do that with a major update and maybe IAPs per controller, if necessary?

• If KMI would just publish their Sysex spec - as I have asked them more than once, and as is required for MIDI vendors to do - then we could roll our own using Lemur or TB Midi Stuff or MIDI Designer (to name a few). Korg do in fact publish their sec for the nano series (took a while to google for it, they don't exactly advertise it:), and so far I have been able to switch patches on the nanoKONTROL2 using Midi Toolbox. A fair bit of work between that and a patch editor but the way is clear. KMI, however, don't even give us the bulk request formats.

@Munibeast - definitely possible. Most controllers will respond with their device information to the standard MIDI ID request message. MidiBridge already has scene memory and can send program changes out to devices on scene changes. Not likely to get that soon for whole patches though 'cause I believe the dev is pretty busy with other stuff right now.

The main caveat to any of this is a fault inside CoreMIDI that limits Sysex messages to about 256 bytes (IIRC). Many vintage machines have bulk dumps larger than that. Especially when samplers are involved.

• I have such a midi nerd wannabe crush on you @dwarman. Thanks for that download. I wonder if the sysex limit is why I don't have an iPad editor for my Matrix-6 yet. Indeed, there are scant few editors for it on OSX; they either cost $100+ or stopped working around 10.5.

• CME has an iOS app for their Xkey keyboard. Velocity curves, MIDI assignments, sensitivity, timings etc.

• I'd like Korg to port their nano series editor to iOS. And Steinberg CMC-PD and TEControl USB breath controller would be nice to edit on iOS too.