Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

None

edited December 2020 in General App Discussion

Comments

• @X3LA ,

Maybe it’s better if you drop a mail to @IK_Multimedia guys.
    Since I have all the synths installed, the purchase option does not pop up at all in the synth manager, so I can’t check it for you.

Before I bought the deluxe I was thinking which modules I need and which I don’t. Ended up the ones I wanted wouldn’t have been significantly cheaper than the deluxe.
    It’s something that might worth considering as well.

• It looks like you can from the in-app description. (I got the lot as well. Love it)

• @gusgranite said:
    It looks like you can from the in-app description. (I got the lot as well. Love it)

I see that too in the app store, but not in the app.

• So when you open the standalone and go to the in-app store, what do you see?

• edited December 2020

@gusgranite said:
    So when you open the standalone and go to the in-app store, what do you see?

This

• edited December 2020

Then when I click "go to store" on any synth it takes me here. Only 2 options available.

• I did contact IK but they responded with generic responses. That does not even mention Syntronik. See below:

Hello Alex,

Based on your selection for a product information inquiry, we're glad to hear of your interest in learning more about our products and will provide you some further information. Please when you can, see the comparison charts below for IK Multimedia hardware. These include full product specifications and a list of all included software with each product.

If this information does not answer your questions or you have any additional questions that have gone unanswered, please reply to this email and a representative will get back to you as soon as possible.

For more information on AmpliTube 5 and it's release. Read more here.

For a full list of what is included with each product, including dimensions and cable length see the specifications page by clicking "Full info here" under this section of the comparison chart.. This will also list compatibility information.

For a full list of what's included with each software program, use the apps page by clicking "Full info here" under this section of the comparison chart.

For more details on our software, visit the products page or our FAQ for more detailed information. Products can be used in a demo/trial period for specific use questions. See this FAQ on how to demo/trial gear.

Learn more about our Interfaces Learn more about our Keyboards Learn more about our Microphones Learn more about our Acoustic Guitar Interfaces Learn more about our Speakers Learn more about our Foot Controllers Learn more about our tablet and smartphone stands

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If we missed any questions from your inquiry, or you wish to provide additional comments. or information, please reply to this email. Please do not open another ticket, as this can cause a longer reply time.

IK Multimedia Tech Support Team

-----///--------
    I did reply. Still waiting for response.

• Have you tried scrolling down in the store page? I know that sounds really basic, but sometimes I miss things which are obvious to others so thought I’d just check.

• @PhilW said:
    Have you tried scrolling down in the store page? I know that sounds really basic, but sometimes I miss things which are obvious to others so thought I’d just check.

Yes I did. Thanks

• Have you looked in Synths Manager below the Store link?

• I’ve had the same problem and emailed them but just got a generic response as well. I bought a couple of the synths before they went to the subscription and now I can’t download them anymore, it just gives me the option to subscribe.

• edited December 2020

For me Syntronik just appears to hang after start-up (checking the store apparently). This is on top of it having 'forgotten' that the full complement of synths had been unlocked (this happens too often). Re-boot does not fix it. This is not good! (iPadOS 13.6)

Update: seemed to have had a wonky network connection - finally re-connected and was able to restore purchases. Though it appears this app may decide to re-check and could lock you out if it cannot properly connect.

• @gusgranite said:
    Have you looked in Synths Manager below the Store link?

Yes synth manager is in the screenshots above

• @X3LA said:
    I did contact IK but they responded with generic responses. That does not even mention Syntronik. See below:

Hello Alex,

Based on your selection for a product information inquiry, we're glad to hear of your interest in learning more about our products and will provide you some further information. Please when you can, see the comparison charts below for IK Multimedia hardware. These include full product specifications and a list of all included software with each product.

If this information does not answer your questions or you have any additional questions that have gone unanswered, please reply to this email and a representative will get back to you as soon as possible.

For a full list of what is included with each product, including dimensions and cable length see the specifications page by clicking "Full info here" under this section of the comparison chart.. This will also list compatibility information.

For a full list of what's included with each software program, use the apps page by clicking "Full info here" under this section of the comparison chart.

For more details on our software, visit the products page or our FAQ for more detailed information. Products can be used in a demo/trial period for specific use questions. See this FAQ on how to demo/trial gear.

Learn more about our Interfaces Learn more about our Keyboards Learn more about our Microphones Learn more about our Acoustic Guitar Interfaces Learn more about our Speakers Learn more about our Foot Controllers Learn more about our tablet and smartphone stands

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If we missed any questions from your inquiry, or you wish to provide additional comments. or information, please reply to this email. Please do not open another ticket, as this can cause a longer reply time.

-----///--------

IK multi media is a really horrible company. The customer service is awful. Once they have your money they can care less.
    They are all about new sales and not about quality or Integrity.
    They just want your cash and do not want to hear from you

• @ralis said:

@X3LA said:
    I did contact IK but they responded with generic responses. That does not even mention Syntronik. See below:

Hello Alex,

-----///--------

IK multi media is a really horrible company. The customer service is awful. Once they have your money they can care less.

Just for balance, my experience has been the opposite. I have had two really cool things happen with IK customer service where they went above and beyond and really surprised me.

• edited December 2020

same issue as @Tim6502 :((

on opening syntronik, there is a brief (1 or 2 second window) before it becomes completely unresponsive - no error message is shown

7th gen ipad, ios 13.6

no joy on reboot, etc

i have sent ik an error ticket

EDIT: it seems if i take my ipad offline, then syntronik will work ok, but if the ipad goes back online, the problem returns ...

• @simonnowis said:
    same issue as @Tim6502 :((

on opening syntronik, there is a brief (1 or 2 second window) before it becomes completely unresponsive - no error message is shown

7th gen ipad, ios 13.6

no joy on reboot, etc

i have sent ik an error ticket

EDIT: it seems if i take my ipad offline, then syntronik will work ok, but if the ipad goes back online, the problem returns ...

After I disabled Wifi I re-established it and then was able to restore purchases. There seems to be something finnicky about this 'calling home' business.

• There was an issue that was identified and fixed by the team, it should be working for all without workarounds now. Sorry for the inconvenience and that this and some other IK apps/etc may have caused some hubbub around here over the weekend. If anybody has any issues please let the team know and/or hit me up here. On that topic with the social media connected logins disabled, if there are unanswered PMs and such for the @ikmultimedia account please let me know on this one.

Thanks!

• @IK_Multimedia said:
    There was an issue that was identified and fixed by the team, it should be working for all without workarounds now. Sorry for the inconvenience and that this and some other IK apps/etc may have caused some hubbub around here over the weekend. If anybody has any issues please let the team know and/or hit me up here. On that topic with the social media connected logins disabled, if there are unanswered PMs and such for the @ikmultimedia account please let me know on this one.

Thanks!

Appreciate the quick follow-up on this - thank you, @IK_Multimedia!

• thanks for the quick fix @IK_Multimedia :)

for me, Syntronik is like wandering through a wonderful retro keyboard shop - really great fun!

• @Tim6502 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:
    There was an issue that was identified and fixed by the team, it should be working for all without workarounds now. Sorry for the inconvenience and that this and some other IK apps/etc may have caused some hubbub around here over the weekend. If anybody has any issues please let the team know and/or hit me up here. On that topic with the social media connected logins disabled, if there are unanswered PMs and such for the @ikmultimedia account please let me know on this one.

Thanks!

Appreciate the quick follow-up on this - thank you, @IK_Multimedia!

@simonnowis said:
    thanks for the quick fix @IK_Multimedia :)

for me, Syntronik is like wandering through a wonderful retro keyboard shop - really great fun!

Thank you both for the kind words! Sorry for the inconvenience this issue caused, I'm glad the support/dev teams were able to resolve it quickly.

• @simonnowis said:

Agreed. Bought it and didn't really wrassle with it for ages, but then did and was all filled up with the shiny etc.

• @simonnowis said:

I concur!
    Thank you @IK_Multimedia for making a rent to own option. The total price seems small compared to wealth of synths offered and they all so great!

Constructive feedback: the phone UI could be better. It is crammed.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

Thanks!

I’m still having issues downloading the synths I have previously purchased before it went to subscription. I’m on the cs version of the app, if that matters, but I bought two synths on there and when I restore, the presets all download and show up but they’re greyed out and when I click to load one, the store page comes up and I can’t load any of them

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

Thanks!

I’m still having issues downloading the synths I have previously purchased before it went to subscription. I’m on the cs version of the app, if that matters, but I bought two synths on there and when I restore, the presets all download and show up but they’re greyed out and when I click to load one, the store page comes up and I can’t load any of them

Sorry to hear that, you should be able to restore purchases etc. I don't know what would cause that but I'm sure the support team would be able to suss it out and get you taken care of.

• @ralis said:

@X3LA said:

Hello Alex,

-----///--------

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with them. I’ve needed to reach out to them a few times for support and found them reasonably responsive.

• I know this is unpopular opinion puffin territory, but I like sampletank. It’s IAA, but I just sample it into BM3 once I get the pattern I like and the sounds are great.

• edited December 2020

Edit: already stated good experience above.