Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Latest BeatHawk? (Dec 2020)

How are people finding the latest BeatHawk. I am wondering if it is safe to update.

Comments

• this happens when i go full screen on my phone

• I’m on 14.3 on my iPhone no issues with the full screen.

• @mjcouche said:
    I’m on 14.3 on my iPhone no issues with the full screen.

I’m getting it in Auv3 mode.. also, can’t get an Export to Ableton Live Set..

New Version is expected early next year.. it is said..

• @RajahP said:

@mjcouche said:

I posted a thread this week regarding Ableton Export not working in Beathawk.

This was affecting all three of my devices across iOS’ 12, 13 & 14.

• @RajahP said:

@mjcouche said:

Were you able to export ableton live sets in the previous version?

Have you reported to UVI about the problem?

How about the timing? They say it has been improved.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@RajahP said:

@mjcouche said:

Was your problem with the just-released version?

Please report it to UVI if you haven't.

• I have sound issues which I have reported (ticket: #56381).
    Left channel disappears. When I noticed it actually worked on my phone (both running iOS14.3) I did a clean re-install on the iPad and I was happy for a few minutes as the sound then got back to it's faulty state. I have discovered that if I go into settings, in Beathawk, and turn the sound card (Scarlett2*2 2gen) off and then back on - left channel comes back, but only temporary. Other than that I can't really compare as I'm new to this app.

• @Pxlhg said:
    I have sound issues which I have reported (ticket: #56381).
    Left channel disappears. When I noticed it actually worked on my phone (both running iOS14.3) I did a clean re-install on the iPad and I was happy for a few minutes as the sound then got back to it's faulty state. I have discovered that if I go into settings, in Beathawk, and turn the sound card (Scarlett2*2 2gen) off and then back on - left channel comes back, but only temporary. Other than that I can't really compare as I'm new to this app.

Do you have the problem if you don’t use the audio interface?

Does Ableton export work on your device?

• edited December 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@RajahP said:

@mjcouche said:

As previously stated on other thread I have already reported to UVI and they’re investigating.

Good to source feedback from other users too though.

Yep latest versions. De & reinstalled too. Which is a bugger downloading the extra library IAPs. Took ages and I’ve only got 2 of those! 😂

Cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@RajahP said:

@mjcouche said:

As previously stated on other thread I have already reported to UVI and they’re investigating.

Good to source feedback from other users too though.

Yep latest versions. De & reinstalled too. Which is a bugger downloading the extra library IAPs. Took ages and I’ve only got 2 of those! 😂

Cheers.

Since I am not using the current version, maybe that is why the export works for me. I guess I should wait to update.

• new update standalone sound only right channel

• @Emanresu said:
    new update standalone sound only right channel

I've got the complete opposite here in standalone mode.

• edited December 2020

@Gravitas said:

@Emanresu said:

Which way round are you holding the iPad? :)

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@Gravitas said:

@Emanresu said:

Which way round are you holding the iPad? :)

Good point. :)

Home button on the right hand side as per normal.

Flipped it the other way around.
    Same thing.

Panned sound to the left? Sound.
    Panned to the right?
    No sound.

iOS 13.4 in case it's to do with iOS version.

Going to try it with my external audio interface and then on my other iPad.

• @Emanresu said:

I had/ have the same issue. Workaround is go into settings, audio/midi preferences. unchecked the sound output and then re check it and then I have stereo sound back again. Only problem is I have to do this every time I open Beathawk.

• edited December 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

Export!? I haven't even started a project yet :D :D I'll try to check in the coming days but I'm just learning it so...
    Emanresu says only right channel in standalone so I started it in AUM, for the first time, and there sound seem fine. Don't remember if I made that clear in my report to UVI.

Edit: @espiegel123 I have now tried export and not only Ableton but all of the options and not one seem to work. Beathawk does not have a folder, yet it says Export Successful (or something to that extent) for everything I try. Shouldn't user get an option, where/what you wanna do with an export? Weird.

• @Sandstorm said:

@Emanresu said:

I had/ have the same issue. Workaround is go into settings, audio/midi preferences. unchecked the sound output and then re check it and then I have stereo sound back again. Only problem is I have to do this every time I open Beathawk.

Workaround works the same here.

Interestingly enough Beathawk doesn't
    have the same problem on iOS 14.3.

What iOS version are you using?

• @Gravitas said:

@Sandstorm said:

@Emanresu said:

Workaround works the same here.

Interestingly enough Beathawk doesn't
    have the same problem on iOS 14.3.

What iOS version are you using?

• @Sandstorm

Could be to do with the iOS version.
    Have you emailed them yet???

• @Gravitas said:
    @Sandstorm

I wrote this above in one of the earlier posts. I'm on 14.3 and have the same issue.

• @Emanresu said:

Please report it to UVI

• @Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

Export!? I haven't even started a project yet :D :D I'll try to check in the coming days but I'm just learning it so...
    Emanresu says only right channel in standalone so I started it in AUM, for the first time, and there sound seem fine. Don't remember if I made that clear in my report to UVI.

Edit: @espiegel123 I have now tried export and not only Ableton but all of the options and not one seem to work. Beathawk does not have a folder, yet it says Export Successful (or something to that extent) for everything I try. Shouldn't user get an option, where/what you wanna do with an export? Weird.

Exports appear in Beathawk's internal browser not in Files app. I think you might be looking for the exports in the wrong place.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

Exports appear in Beathawk's internal browser not in Files app. I think you might be looking for the exports in the wrong place.

Ha ha, how embarrassing! Yeah, there was the sound files anyways. Nothing else, no midi, no AL project. Now back to the corner. :D

• @Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

Ha ha, how embarrassing! Yeah, there was the sound files anyways. Nothing else, no midi, no AL project. Now back to the corner. :D

Edit: Making a fool of myself. On a closer look, midi is there. Definitely no Ableton. :*

• @Pxlhg said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Sandstorm

I wrote this above in one of the earlier posts. I'm on 14.3 and have the same issue.

Apologies if I missed your comment.

It's working as it should on my iOS 14.3 iPad.

The problem is on my iOS 13.4 iPad.

As you've emailed them already I'll wait
    until you've got a reply before emailing them.

• @Gravitas said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Sandstorm

Apologies if I missed your comment.

It's working as it should on my iOS 14.3 iPad.

The problem is on my iOS 13.4 iPad.

No problem, are you also (like me) using a sound interface? It works on my iPhone SE with 14.3 but that's with built in sound.

Anyway, I think it much better to report bugs even if somebody already did because as a developer gets more complaints about an issue the quicker it will be resolved. "The strength in numbers" syndrome! :D :D So please, go a head and report it.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Sandstorm

I haven't yet. I only noticed it last night but will do it now.

• @Gravitas said:

I would recommend not waiting. The number of reports tends to have an impact. Hearing from a bunch of people gives them a sense of urgency.

• @Pxlhg said:

No problem, are you also (like me) using a sound interface? It works on my iPhone SE with 14.3 but that's with built in sound.

I've tested both of my iPads with and without an external audio interface.

Anyway, I think it much better to report bugs even if somebody already did because as a developer gets more complaints about an issue the quicker it will be resolved. "The strength in numbers" syndrome! :D :D So please, go a head and report it.

I hear you, @espiegel123 has just said the same thing.

• @BastienCo any insight into these issues?