Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

File sources and connection

Broke mixer maybe but was going to buy another. Its just for an IOS dj pragram. Djplayerpro

It will be stuff probably from audioshare.

App sources are

Apple music library
Dj player documents, recordings
External files, usb1
External files, usb 2
Deezer
Dropbox
Network disk (webDAV )

What are the options?

Program needs internet for streaming or offline maybe via a usb stick.

Why the decision to not be able to access files on ipad where the program is on?

Link?

How do you use (webDAV ) because I assume every other service is subscription and how would you connect a streamable drive if the cck needs to usb to mixer to make it digital and mixer used as a soundcard.

Hoping to master out to a zoom u44 ( hoping spdif works with zoom not in usb mode ), then spdif to aum on another ipad and zoom u44.

I think it would be easier if some would just make the program to show in aum or audiobus. Access files from the ipad and aum can still use soundcard. Maybe aum can or not but dj program isnt even iaa so it might mean adding recording made in djprogram to aum.

Will probably buy mixer as it means letting go of a deck thats been around for half my life.

Shame fader install was such a bollox job ( mainly or all from fader company ) Makes you obviously not want to install on a new mixer. That would be the tipping point.

Thanks.

Comments

• Not really gaining much tbh.

A dj program with cue points if sent via spdif could loop in a gauss.

Samples non auv3 to aum.

but obviously being able to make a mix of tracks made in ios.

• Fader install so bad. You couldnt be sure if fader wouldnt break another mixer or if another fader would have same issue ( morse code ) on the audio when fader cuts. Could be wise to just use stock fader on reloop kut. Decided on reloop kut as ipad hovers over mixer and would cover midi buttons and knobs of any other mixer. Would use ipad for cue points.

• edited December 2020

Apart from the morse code anyway. I had to cut a square. Drill holes with a hand held carpenters drill. Order bolts and nuts a year later for bracket which dont really tighten as m3 size. Only output in one headphone. Mixer case shorts out audio. Thought it could be the bracket added. Bracket would now need a hacksaw to cut bolt and re-add old bracket for original fader ( to see if it dosent short and not mono ) would need to drill original hole for old bracket as working to add other bracket made hole not accept screw. All this with the possibilty of adding another fader to a new mixer. The bloke has warped my mind. This was after waiting a month for fader to arrive. Then post office say order isnt even mine. So reversed payment as it seemed lie a scam ( which it was really ). Then excuse for fader not fitting was because he says he thought the company would make square bigger. I doubt they did after knowing what happened to me. Still he has it compatible on website. Possibly just ruining peoples mixers like its a game. Will try fixing more though.

• Thanks for the vent. No need to see a mental health team.

• Excellent. Can access ipad files just by making a folder in DJPP external drive option and using the external drive out in DJPP. It sees folder as external drive. Would just need to move from audioshare.