Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blob Opera

https://artsandculture.google.com/experiment/blob-opera/AAHWrq360NcGbw?cp=e30.&fbclid=IwAR2kYaoRUDiqE4gWQm9RwJCDfa4vGZuDmYhaktMZ0VpNLuAN4QmCgW-pY_g

Don't know about panning or midi out, but pretty certain should I fall into doolallyness in my later years I could spend most days along the ward from Macmurphy playing with this thing...

Comments

• This is pretty fun lol

• Bonkers 👍

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    https://artsandculture.google.com/experiment/blob-opera/AAHWrq360NcGbw?cp=e30.&fbclid=IwAR2kYaoRUDiqE4gWQm9RwJCDfa4vGZuDmYhaktMZ0VpNLuAN4QmCgW-pY_g

Don't know about panning or midi out, but pretty certain should I fall into doolallyness in my later years I could spend most days along the ward from Macmurphy playing with this thing...

Haha. Great find! Thanks for sharing.

• If only it had MIDI note input and mod wheel control of the vowels...

• haha Awesome !

• Good blob. Appreciate that these vocals we hear are not samples, but actual output from a machine learning model. Google should release an AUv3 app!

• Who needs MIDI...

• Finally some backing vocals for bebot!

• @supadom said:
    Finally some backing vocals for bebot!

+many :)

• edited December 2020

I find this incredible. Can a dev turn this into an app? Also how would import this into Cubasis? @GeoTony?

• @LinearLineman , I agree it would make a great app. The way I did my track was to do an IPad screen recording, ship the resulting mp4 file to my laptop and use Audacity to extract the audio into an mp3 file, then shipped this back to IPad. Then used the AUM file player adding BeatHawk Church Organ played with Geoshred glass.

• Thanks @GeoTony, that process is way over my pay grade. I wonder if I could send it to my email, then to Audioshare and then into Cubasis? Too simplistic thinking, I imagine.

• @LinearLineman , I only go to Windows because I know I can do the Video to Audio conversion on it.
    Sure you can do it on IPad / Audioshare but somebody else will have to help with that I am afraid.
    Only issue emailing is that Video files tend to be large so I normally upload to the cloud rather than emailing and then download on your target device. All the best.

• McDMcD
    edited December 2020

I'm sure a lot of us would like to learn to get audio out of our IOS experiences. We need to master "screen recording" and learn to extract the audio.

Here are the steps needed to do the screen recording:

Then you can open the audio in an app that can extract the audio from the video added to your photos:

I use AudioShare.

1. Find the screen recording in the Photos app. It will be the most recent file at the end of all the photos.
    2. Use the "Share" option on the file and "Save to Files" in a folder you need in step 5.
    3. Open AudioShare.
    4. Use the Import icon and select "Pick File(s)".
    5. Choose your saved video (from Photos).
    6. AudioShare will open it as a video.
    7. Use the Tools option and select "Convert".
    8. I like to use the Wave+Stereo+16-bit+44K (defaults).
    9. You might also like to trim extra silences rom the ends of the file and apply fades as you wish at this stage of the workflow.
    10. AudioShare also has the capability to upload the file to SoundCloud where you can capture the "share" link for posting into the ABF.

Viola! You'll have a wave file audio you captured from a screen experience like this Web-based "Blob Opera" application.

• Oddly satisfying.

• @GeoTony said:
    Who needs MIDI...

I do. It doesn’t work on my 1st Gen iPad Pro and using my laptop trackpad is less than precise or reliable, it easily looses its ‘grip’ on the stretched blob and lets go.

• @TheOriginalPaulB ...it easily looses its ‘grip’ on the stretched blob and lets go....

This is pretty much what my mother said the internet would turn into...

• @TheOriginalPaulB , fair point. I tried it on a bog standard android phone and it didn’t really work. There is a disclaimer on the splash page that says it might not work on older kit as it is using the latest web technologies. Needs making into a proper app 🎶

• @ecamburn said:
    Oddly satisfying.

Agreed.

It's really fun.

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

I do. It doesn’t work on my 1st Gen iPad Pro and using my laptop trackpad is less than precise or reliable, it easily looses its ‘grip’ on the stretched blob and lets go.

What browser are you using as I've been using my 9.7" iPad Pro 1st gen and it works?

• edited December 2020

@supadom said:
    Finally some backing vocals for bebot!

Nice!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB ...it easily looses its ‘grip’ on the stretched blob and lets go....

This is pretty much what my mother said the internet would turn into...

Hahahaha 🤣👍

• edited December 2020

@Gravitas said:

@ecamburn said:
    Oddly satisfying.

Agreed.

It's really fun.

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

What browser are you using as I've been using my 9.7" iPad Pro 1st gen and it works?

I tried safari and firefox. The audio breaks up.

• @TheOriginalPaulB

hhhmmmm.

Have the browsers been the only apps open?

My iPad Pro tends to slow down a fair bit when a lot of other apps are open.

• It may be because I’m on iOS 12, but this won’t be the reason I update it. :)

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    It may be because I’m on iOS 12,

ahhhh,...maybe that could be the reason???

but this won’t be the reason I update it. :)

No way....it's fun 'n' all but until it's an Auv3 with
    bells and whistles attached passed the stringent
    testing of the entire iOS platform?

Nah...
    Good call 😏

Wait until someone samples it....😁

• It’s cute, fun - and pretty amazing!

• edited December 2020

It makes me feel way more accomplished than I should

• If I'm not mistaken it's in the key of A major.

Wiki has this to say about A-major

"According to Christian Friedrich Daniel Schubart, A major is a key suitable for "declarations of innocent love, ... hope of seeing one's beloved again when parting; youthful cheerfulness and trust in God."[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_major

and it's also really good for practicing vocal harmonies.