Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget - iOS 14.3 Constant Freezing Bug?

Hi,

Anyone had this bug where if I’m making a pattern on iPhone entering notes on sequencer and then it just freezes, when I close the app I still hear the sequence for about a minute after it’s closed!?

Thanks,
G

Comments

• Seems to happen no matter what gadget I use

• Hmm, I won’t update to 14.3 then... Gadget is fine on my iPhone and iPad with 14.2.
    Anyome with 14.3 can confirm this?

• I don't have Gadget installed on my iPhone 8 (screen is just too small to comfortably use Gadget) but it's working ok on my iPad Air 2(iPadOS14.3).

Cheers!

• I’m getting a weird thing where none of my projects are showing in the browser yet I have loads of them and I can load from the files app

• Incredibly frustrating would be one way to describe it

• @DaveMagoo Have you restarted your iPhone? Got another iDevice to check?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    I’m getting a weird thing where none of my projects are showing in the browser yet I have loads of them and I can load from the files app

Do you store the projects on iCloud?
    I keep all my Gadget stuff on the device, nothing is stored on iCloud.

Anyways, I think if it's a bigger issues Korg will push out an update soonish...

• @R_2 said:
    @DaveMagoo Have you restarted your iPhone? Got another iDevice to check?

Restarted twice, no other idevice to check

• edited December 2020

@Samu said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    I’m getting a weird thing where none of my projects are showing in the browser yet I have loads of them and I can load from the files app

Do you store the projects on iCloud?
    I keep all my Gadget stuff on the device, nothing is stored on iCloud.

Anyways, I think if it's a bigger issues Korg will push out an update soonish...

All my projects and samples are in iCloud, I have just recently added a lot of samples to the Korg Gadget iCloud sample folder, maybe this could have something to do with it, maybe it has to index them which is using up all the memory and stopping the projects from showing in Gadget itself?

• I have done some more testing and the crash seems to happen at 50 seconds after loading the app and using it.

This coincides with the other issue of none of my tracks showing in the browser as after 50 seconds if I don’t use the app and just wait, at the 50 second mark it temporarily freezes and then all my projects show.

Very odd behaviour.

• R_2R_2
    edited December 2020

@DaveMagoo Yeah, could be some indexing problem..

Try this: go to settings app > iCloud and switch it off for Gadget.
    Open Gadget, it should only show the factory demo songs in its browser.
    Go back to settings and switch iCloud for Gadget back on.
    Perhaps it will then index and show your own projects again?

• @R_2 said:
    @DaveMagoo Yeah, could be some indexing problem..

Try this: go to settings app > iCloud and switch it off for Gadget.
    Open Gadget, it should only show the factory demo songs in its browser.
    Go back to settings and switch iCloud for Gadget back on.
    Perhaps it will then index and show your own projects again?

Works perfectly when I disable iCloud , as soon as I enable it it’s dog shit again

• It’s almost like when you run out of memory and iOS just gives you the finger and says that’s enough of that and just purges the app...maybe. Memory leak with the iCloud integration or something

• @ioue Any idea what could be happening ?

• @DaveMagoo Don’t know how many samples you recently added. You could temporarily move the ‘suspicious’ samples to another (non Gadget map) and see if your projects show up normally. If it does, you can slowly build up the samples map again till it snaps. ;)

• Made a short beat on iPhone 11, iOS 14.3, using Bilbao and Fairbanks. I only have samples locally on the iPad, I do use iCloud though to sync tracks between devices.

• I recall someone having a similar issue a while back and if I remember correctly it had to do with the number of files stored in iCloud. You mentioned it works when you turn iCloud off so that might be where your problem is.

• @yowza said:
    I recall someone having a similar issue a while back and if I remember correctly it had to do with the number of files stored in iCloud. You mentioned it works when you turn iCloud off so that might be where your problem is.

Thanks guys, my dreams of a comprehensive sample utopia on iPhone may have to be scaled back a little

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Thanks guys, my dreams of a comprehensive sample utopia on iPhone may have to be scaled back a little

Might just be iCloud related. If you don’t need acces to the samples on others devices you could try storing them locally on your iPhone (assuming you have enough space).

• An update just dropped this morning mainly focusing on the new sound pack for Module but they might have lurked in some other fixes as well, we never know...

I got the new 80s synth pack and it's got quite nice presets for further tweaking but the SID Lead is a bad joke and doesn't sound anything like the real SID-Chip :D

Cheers!

• @R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Might just be iCloud related. If you don’t need acces to the samples on others devices you could try storing them locally on your iPhone (assuming you have enough space).

How do you do that?

• I’m going to experiment with deleting some samples first, I copied about 80,000 so I will reduce in increments of around 10k and see what happens

• @DaveMagoo said:
    How do you do that?

In the Files.app select the ‘User Samples’ in iCloud Drive > Korg Gadget.
    Move that map to: On My iPad > Korg Gadget.
    This will effectively copy the map, so after you make sure all samples are copied to the new location you’ll have to delete the samples in the iCoud Drive ‘User Samples’ map.

80.000 samples is a lot, wouldn’t be surprised if that causes it (hopefully it behaves better when stored locally).

• @R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    How do you do that?

In the Files.app select the ‘User Samples’ in iCloud Drive > Korg Gadget.
    Move that map to: On My iPad > Korg Gadget.
    This will effectively copy the map, so after you make sure all samples are copied to the new location you’ll have to delete the samples in the iCoud Drive ‘User Samples’ map.

80.000 samples is a lot, wouldn’t be surprised if that causes it (hopefully it behaves better when stored locally).

Thanks, I will give it a go!