Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forthcoming Cubasis 3.2 release including new Waves IAPs

1235»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    Curious, for anyone who has used it, is this waves delay anything special compared to other iOS delays we already have? Cheers

It’s native to Cubasis with optimal performance.

• OboObo
    edited December 2020

@Skyblazer said:

I don't think any DAW I own for iPad offers the ability to set a scale for the piano roll, and I'm not sure that I would use that feature if it did.

Are you familiar with this feature outside of iOS? In other words, have used it elsewhere?

Unless you’re completely dialed in on music theory (which perhaps you are, most are not), I’m struggling to understand why anyone would think they wouldn’t use it? To be able to immediately see which notes are in the scale you’re working in, with the option of ignoring the rest can often be vital to finding variations or getting out of a spot where you’re stuck.

Gadget has this feature, so does Zen Beats and LK. Those are just the first 3 to come to mind, there are certainly others. It’s definitely not a boutique/niche/obscure feature. It should be standard.

*edit: Auxy Pro defaults to this format. You have to go into settings and manually change the piano roll to chromatic if you want to use anything but notes in the chosen scale. This is the reason I asked whether you’re familiar with the feature - it’s extremely prevalent.

• edited December 2020

@LFS thx for the templete info. Great product with great support 👍🏼

• @Obo said:

@Skyblazer said:

I don't think any DAW I own for iPad offers the ability to set a scale for the piano roll, and I'm not sure that I would use that feature if it did.

Are you familiar with this feature outside of iOS? In other words, have used it elsewhere?

Unless you’re completely dialed in on music theory (which perhaps you are, most are not), I’m struggling to understand why anyone would think they wouldn’t use it? To be able to immediately see which notes are in the scale you’re working in, with the option of ignoring the rest can often be vital to finding variations or getting out of a spot where you’re stuck.

Gadget has this feature, so does Zen Beats and LK. Those are just the first 3 to come to mind, there are certainly others. It’s definitely not a boutique/niche/obscure feature. It should be standard.

*edit: Auxy Pro defaults to this format. You have to go into settings and manually change the piano roll to chromatic if you want to use anything but notes in the chosen scale. This is the reason I asked whether you’re familiar with the feature - it’s extremely prevalent.

Fair enough, I admit that I haven't spent a lot of time with Gadget's piano roll, and I only used Zenbeats for a few minutes before deleting it. I've mostly used NanoStudio 2, Cubasis 2+3, Beatmaker 3, Auria Pro, and Xequence 2 on iPad. I've recently begun using Reaper and Ableton Live Lite on Mac, but I haven't enabled the feature on either of them.

Is chromatic mode only for experts, or is scale mode only for beginners? I suppose that's a matter of opinion, and I don't want to be the dogmatic elitist who discourages people from creating music without learning scales. Like I said, I don't want to discourage anyone from requesting features that are useful to them. I just think Cubasis 3 should fix what's already there before adding new things.

Why wouldn't I, personally, use the feature? Well, scale visualization doesn't come naturally to me at all, so I avoid anything that could act as a crutch. But that's my decision, and I wouldn't want to force that decision on anyone.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@AudioGus said:

@GLacey said:

@Paa89 said:
    Are you ready for this ? 2 more days to go💪🏽💪🏽

I’m really curious what is the option on the bottom of the screenshot you don’t want us to see. 😜

Beats me but I always wished there was some sort of sine output test like where the system audio thread only rendered a sine wave. Ahh well, a boy can dream.

How hard is it having a sine sample laying around? Or making it in almost any synth? Or what test do you mean? Thousand people with a trillion wishes 😊

I was just being a goof as I could easily read the text through the ‘black out’ ;)

• @ehehehe said:

@AudioGus said:

@GLacey said:

@Paa89 said:
    Are you ready for this ? 2 more days to go💪🏽💪🏽

I’m really curious what is the option on the bottom of the screenshot you don’t want us to see. 😜

Beats me but I always wished there was some sort of sine output test like where the system audio thread only rendered a sine wave. Ahh well, a boy can dream.

How hard is it having a sine sample laying around? Or making it in almost any synth? Or what test do you mean? Thousand people with a trillion wishes 😊

After reinstalling and tweaking both my fav apps (C3 obvs) and DrumComputer my main hope is that I get rid of the stuttering and crackling that appears every few minutes. Ipad 2020 with 14.2, anyone else with these issues?

And the autotuner looks and sounds great from videos of the desktop version!

I get it constantly on iPhone, and it seems auv3 specific

• @Skyblazer said:

@Obo said:

@Skyblazer said:

Why wouldn't I, personally, use the feature? Well, scale visualization doesn't come naturally to me at all, so I avoid anything that could act as a crutch

This makes total sense to me. I’ve wondered about this myself. I’m still very new to music production and didn’t even really understand this feature until maybe 6 months ago. Once I found this feature, I’ll admit that when working in tools without it, it feels very, very foreign (hence the feature request and this discussion I suppose!).

I’ve kind of assumed that I’ll slowly pick up more and more scale knowledge and theory as time goes by. But, it did just recently cross my mind - if these apps all keep down the path they’re going, becoming easier and easier for a complete beginner to pick up and use, I imagine the prospects of slowly learning these things over time starts to become more and more unlikely.

Interesting dynamic. At some point, you might as well just flip on the radio...🧐

• @Samu said:

@ChrisG said:
    @Samu

Do you mean editing a midi clip that’s been copy/pasted throughout a track? This is where ripple editing would be a good thing to have, changes you make on the first midi clip will change all the copy/pasted clips on that track. I believe Auria does this, not 100% sure though..

Nope not 'ripple editing'. Lets say that you've got a bunch of chords in a midi-event on one track, then you copy & paste that midi-event to another track to 'layer' the sound.

Now when you do changes to the chords on the first midi-event (that was already copied to another track) you have to do the copy & paste procedure again...

Now if the we had the 'Ghost Events' (from early, early Cubase) we could simply paste a 'Ghost Copy' to the other tracks and all changed made to the original would apply to all those 'Ghost Copies' (Think 'File Alias' or 'Symbolic Link').

Cheers!

Gotcha. More like ripple editing across multiple tracks. I can see that being useful for sure.

• So will this multi core support stop C3's DSP meter from spiking every time the play head moves over the start point of audio files that you might have sprinkled throughout a track? If I slap a drum loop on a track, use time stretch, and copy/paste that loop, I’ll hear a crackle every time the play head plays the loop. I only see this in Cubase/Cubasis. 🤷‍♂️

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

@ChrisG said:
    So will this multi core support stop C3's DSP meter from spiking every time the play head moves over the start point of audio files that you might have sprinkled throughout a track? If I slap a drum loop on a track, use time stretch, and copy/paste that loop, I’ll hear a crackle every time the play head plays the loop. I only see this in Cubase/Cubasis. 🤷‍♂️

Hi @ChrisG,

Cubasis 3.2 will go live tomorrow morning our time.

The update includes +45 fixes/improvements (close to 60 actually) to many user-reported problems - including time-stretch and pitch-shift issues. Be assured, I will publish the list alongside with the release announcement.

Please give Cubasis 3.2 a try once available, and let us have your updated feedback afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Lars

• @hibjshop said:
    @LFS thx for the templete info. Great product with great support 👍🏼

Hi @hibjshop,

Sure thing...
    We hope you will enjoy the upcoming Cubasis 3.2 update too... :)

Stay well,
    Lars

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can you automate the waves plugins?????
    I cant figure out how..? Can you do it in Auria Pro?

• @ehehehe said:
    Been a hard couple of weeks with a new ipad and a buggy main DAW. Never been more stoked for an update! Nor buying stuff with too new OSs on...

Hi @ehehehe,

Hope you're well!

Are you talking about Cubasis issues here?
    If so, please let us have more details, to make sure we are ware of the problems!

Best,
    Lars

• @iLLaFenT said:
    Can you automate the waves plugins?????
    I cant figure out how..? Can you do it in Auria Pro?

Hi @iLLaFenT,

Can you automate the waves plugins?????
    I cant figure out how..?

Sure!

Please check out our Getting started with Cubasis clip, to learn more about the app's general workflow.
    Please note that the YT description includes dedicated chapter marks...

Alongside, please find lots of additional Cubasis-related automation clips on the web.
    Here are a few examples:

How To Use Automation In Cubasis 3 | MobileMusicPro

How to Use Automation and MIDI CC's in Cubasis | Steinberg - Sebastian Moench

CUBASIS 2 AUv3 Automation EXPLAINED │ haQ attaQ 291

While some clips have been produced with Cubasis 2, the steps are somewhat similar with Cubasis 3!

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@LFS said:

@ehehehe said:
    Been a hard couple of weeks with a new ipad and a buggy main DAW. Never been more stoked for an update! Nor buying stuff with too new OSs on...

Hi @ehehehe,

Hope you're well!

Are you talking about Cubasis issues here?
    If so, please let us have more details, to make sure we are ware of the problems!

Best,
    Lars

I found out the solution was to disable multi-core support since I only have a regular 2020 ipad with just three cores or something. Been stable with dilligent freezing (and mixdown-move-file-insert to timeline). Please add infinite freezes, this would streamline this workflow and allow for easier destructive editing. And PROPER sample sorting in the media bay.. Please!

I find C3 pretty stable at this point. A quick app (or rarely, ipad) restart resolves most of my issues. Thanks, loving the Waves delay!

Hi @ehehehe,

Thanks for the updated comment - glad to read that Cubasis 3 works stable for you, having multi-core support disabled.

What exactly do you mean with "infinite freezes"?

Cubasis allows to create customised freezes via the following steps:

• Go to "Setup/Mixdown / Freeze"
    • Enable "Track Freeze Uses Mixdown Settings"
    • Tap the "Settings" button and make sure only "Mixdown between locators" is enabled
    • Alongside, please check if disabling "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" makes sense for you/your workflow

Once done, simply set the locators as desired and tap the freeze button.

Does this help?

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @ehehehe

I also had to turn off multi-core support to get cubasis stable. This is also stated in the user manual that this may be necessary for some older devices. By the way, you can freeze as many tracks as you like.

• edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.