Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forthcoming Cubasis 3.2 release including new Waves IAPs

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@GLacey said:
    What does this multicore rendering exactly mean for us?
    Does it make the mixdown process faster?
    Or we can run more AU instruments at lower CPU load or lower latency?

I imagine it is for faster mixdowns.

Bummer. I could careless if mixdowns were faster. It would be great to have more dsp/cpu when arranging song.

• @GLacey said:

yeah I'm also wondering about this. Not caring so much about the speed of mixdown, more curious about whether I'll be able to have more AUv3s running simultaneously in my projects.

• @onerez said:

@AudioGus said:

@GLacey said:

I imagine it is for faster mixdowns.

Bummer. I could careless if mixdowns were faster. It would be great to have more dsp/cpu when arranging song.

That is just my imagining and I am always happy to be wrong.

• Hi @AudioGus, @god, @onerez,

Cubasis 3.2 includes many performance-related improvements - throughout several areas of the app, and when using Audio Unit plug-ins particularly. The update should enable you to use more AU plug-ins simultaneously compared to the current version.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi @AudioGus, @god, @onerez,

Cubasis 3.2 includes many performance-related improvements - throughout several areas of the app, and when using Audio Unit plug-ins particularly. The update should enable you to use more AU plug-ins simultaneously compared to the current version.

Best wishes,
    Lars

🎊 awesome! Thank you 🙏

• edited December 2020

@LFS said:

Best wishes,
    Lars

That probably (?) is not specifically related to utilizing multicore in realtime though, which is what I think people are wondering about. I think they are curious how and to what extent the iOS multicore Unicorn is specifically utilized.

• @LFS said:

Best wishes,
    Lars

I may finally try mixing and mastering all within Cubasis then.

• edited December 2020

@LFS: my top request for Cubasis 3 is to be able to flexibly pipe Midi data from one track to another, Ableton Live style.

• Does the DSP still spike every time the playhead goes over a new audio file (or duplicated), causing a crackle?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Since I have two devices that default to different sample-rates (iPhone 8 to 48K and iPad Air 2 to 44.1K) it would be nice to be able to set the 'default' sample-rate and bit-depth for all new projects that are created.

The iPad Air 2 can change the sample-rate on the fly without having an interface connected but the iPhone 8 can't and needs to be connected to a device that allows multiple sample-rates.

In short even though it might cause compatibility issues it would be wise to separate the 'session sample-rate' and 'hardware sample-rate'.

This would also allow export at alternate sample-rates and bit-depths without risk of the source material being re-sampled by the change in bit-depth and sample-rate...

Looking forward to the 3.2 update.
    Cheers!

• @ehehehe said:
    Looks awesome! Anybody knows if it’s possible to make the «old» Waves plugins full size? The EQ is especially small.

Hi @ehehehe,

You can extend the size of all Waves plug-ins to a decent size, but not full screen.

Best,
    Lars

• @sambo said:
    @LFS: my top request for Cubasis 3 is to be able to flexibly pipe Midi data from one track to another, Ableton Live style.

YES PLEASE!!!!

also sample library searching and larger buffer sizes than 512 samples

• edited December 2020

I think it’s super awesome that team Cubasis is making use of the multicore potential awesomeness in these newish machines. Anything that helps a daw run smooth and not crash is good news here.

• @ehehehe said:
    Looks awesome! Anybody knows if it’s possible to make the «old» Waves plugins full size? The EQ is especially small.

Just drag the panel title bar up until it maxes out

• @LFS Please tell me this update comes with a way to input notes according to a specific scale? I’m a simple man, with a very simple request. Scales. Please?

• @LFS will there be a way/option to record midi overdubs into one track event without using glue?

• I own the waves tune thing on my iMac...it’s ok, it’s my last pick usually...meaning I almost never use it. I have many that do so much better. On IOS it might be good as the competition isn’t as high level.

The best thing I’ve purchased from waves is the FLOW MOTION ...it’s GREAT!

• @hibjshop said:
    @LFS will there be a way/option to record midi overdubs into one track event without using glue?

Hi @hibjshop,

It's intended that new MIDI events are created per cycle, which makes spreading events to different tracks a super quick and easy task (think of the individual instruments of a drum set). Same way, it should take no time to select overlaying MIDI events to glue them to a single event.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @Obo said:
    @LFS Please tell me this update comes with a way to input notes according to a specific scale? I’m a simple man, with a very simple request. Scales. Please?

Hi @Obo,

Please note that Cubasis supports AU MIDI.
    Please check if it could be a feasible option using one of the great available 3rd party MIDI effects apps for this.

Thanks,
    Lars

• Hi all,

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Any hope for AAF import/export and video support? I’d love to use Cubasis as my audio post production app on the go and it’s so close to being just that.

Hi @YZJustDatGuy,

We're very glad to read, that Cubasis closely matches all the needs of our audio post production app!
    Video is probably not to be expected sometime soon, AAF import/epxort remains on the list.

Wow I’m so excited for keyboard support. That’s gonna make the workflow sooooo much better.

We're excited what you think of this and all the other great new additions and improvements in the upcoming 3.2 release.

Thanks again
    & stay well,
    Lars

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Thanks Cubasis for putting a vocal tuner in there. I wish you all a happy holiday season!

Hi @NoiseHorste,

Hope you will enjoy the new Waves Tune RT plug-in, in case you plan to get it.
    Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season for you too!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

Please note that Cubasis supports AU MIDI.
    Please check if it could be a feasible option using one of the great available 3rd party MIDI effects apps for this.

While there are some 3rd-party plug-ins (I use Tonality for Chordpads) that allows the user to play in a certain key/scale it really is time for the Cubasis Midi-Editor and Keyboard get support for scales with option to fold out out-of-scale notes in the midi-editor. (I know it's a pretty 'new' thing even in the BIG Cubase but really, there is no viable excuse to postpone it for Cubasis).

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the 3.2 update that'll soon drop...
    Sure I've got an 'old' iPad Air 2 but all optimization is always welcomed :)

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• edited December 2020

Photo of the day 💪🏽💪🏽 Feel free to roast 😂😂

• @Paa89 said:

No need to roast, almost the same outfit as Lukhash but in a totally different genre I suppose :D

• And running AuV3s with less CPU ?!
    Yes.....

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

No need to roast, almost the same outfit as Lukhash but in a totally different genre I suppose :D

Thanks for putting me on this.that’s some interesting duo and music.💪🏽💪🏽

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • To be totally honest and somewhat realistic ;)

Regarding Link. Currently Cubasis can't even change the tempo without stopping playback...

Since 'Ableton Link' is 'Ableton', hell would have to freeze over before Steinberg adds Link support to any of their products and it's more likely that Ableton ships iLive or something before that happens, not even desktop Cubase has Link support.

The other things (PDC, AUv3 Multi In/Out, Midi-Routing, Tempo/Time-Signature track etc) will take more time to add and trouble shooting than scale support for the midi-editor.

So while basic major and minor scales are somewhat easy to play (at least in the key of C) I personally do not like the 'math-work' (and remembering all the W-H-H-W-H-W-H for every darn scale) when a computer is good at that and can be of assistance and simply hide 'out of selected scale/key' notes when editing.

This works flawlessly in ZenBeats, but it's not so good at some other things...
    (I usually play and select a few notes and filter out the rest not caring if it's major, minor, whatever).

With 'scales' support in the midi-editor it would be breeze to move note notes and chords up or down without risking out-of key notes or 'tune up' all midi events to a selected key which in turn would require a chord track etc. etc.
    (Gadget is a prime example of this).

Only @LFS knows what's cooking or planned but it would be nice to see the complete 'to-do' list for Cubasis...
    ...this would at least give us a piece of mind that the issues are known so we can stop guessing :D

Cheers!

• @Paa89 said:

Hey Paako,

You're such a nice guy. I'm frightened seeing you wearing this mask...
    But I have to admit I've always loved KISS wearing their masks too... ;)

Stay safe,
    Lars