Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

uPhase+ NOT getting on the bus any time soon :-(

Comments

• edited February 2013

Ouch. I feel sorry for the dev. I wonder which development engine he uses?

Actually, this app looks really good, I'm getting it anyway. ACP and live recording to iPod will have to do. May be able to run it through MIDI Guitar to control other apps too.

• edited March 2014

• Hi, uPhase dev here.
    uPhase was developped in Unity, adding to the mix a few native plugins for networking, resampling and AudioCopy.
    I'm sorry I can't convince uPhase to hop on the bus. Unity is great when you're a lone dev with no budget and little time (it's multiplatform, and a huge time saver), but it does have a few drawbacks.
    It would be possible to handle all audio natively, but that would be a HUGE time leech for such a niche app!

I hope you can enjoy it for what it does nevertheless.
    Some audio examples here : http://soundcloud.com/uphase-demo-tracks
    Cheers,
    Gregzo

• It's a cool app, I'll work around the non-Audiobus issue when I need to.

• Huh, do you have any way to contact the unity developers? Maybe we can work together with them to make it easier for people to include Audiobus in Unity apps on iOS.

• edited February 2013

Not sure it would be worth the time and effort as I wouldn't have thought there were many other music apps built with it, but here are the contact details.

Unity Technologies

345 Broadway Street, Suite 200
    San Francisco, CA 94133
    United States

San Francisco office:(+1) 415 820 4278
    10am to 6pm (GMT-7)

International:(+44) 1273 862326
    10am to 6pm (GMT+1)

http://unity3d.com/

[email protected]

• Thanks. I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

• @PaulB indeed, this is part of the problem.

@Sebastian Do try! But I fear the issue is deeply rooted in the fact that Unity uses it's own runtime, and simpy cannot run in the background on iOS...

Thanks for the interest!

Gregorio