Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria & Drambo midi AUV3

Hi,
I’m trying to use Drambo as a drum sequencer in Auria. Can’t get it to work right, hope someone can assist.
Rozetta, which I tested with, works fine as midi plugin.
But Drambo won’t work when inserted as midiFX.
I can get it to trigger the track when inserted as “Mfx” (not midiFX). But only on the main channel...

As soon as I add a track it won’t output midi...

I’m probably doing something wrong but I can’t figure it out.

Cheers!

Comments

• Im going to try this out now. Looks like a nice workflow which would allow me to add my psp microwarmer into the final mix.

• @tahiche said:
    Hi,
    I’m trying to use Drambo as a drum sequencer in Auria. Can’t get it to work right, hope someone can assist.
    Rozetta, which I tested with, works fine as midi plugin.
    But Drambo won’t work when inserted as midiFX.
    I can get it to trigger the track when inserted as “Mfx” (not midiFX). But only on the main channel...

As soon as I add a track it won’t output midi...

I’m probably doing something wrong but I can’t figure it out.

Cheers!

I think there is a bug/quirk if how MIDI fix work when chained in the last couple of releases. It doesn’t work.

I’d recommend bringing this up over on the Auria forum so that the developer is aware of people’s interest in having the issue resolved.

• Did you use beepstreet drambo midi fx in the fx slot? This works for me.. dont forgot to add the routing in the intrument fx page and make sure the note symbol is highlighted on the instrument strip on the mixer page.. good luck

• Ok. Ive re read and maybe your trying to actually process midi not just generate it. Maybe say what you want to happen and then someone will show you a work around

• @Richtowns said:
    Ok. Ive re read and maybe your trying to actually process midi not just generate it. Maybe say what you want to happen and then someone will show you a work around

I’m trying to generate midi with Drambo. A drum pattern.
    Would you mind showing how you do it?. I thought the midi routing matters when using a different track not as midi AUV3.

• @tahiche said:

@Richtowns said:
    Ok. Ive re read and maybe your trying to actually process midi not just generate it. Maybe say what you want to happen and then someone will show you a work around

Would you mind showing how you do it?. I thought the midi routing matters when using a different track not as midi AUV3.

In Auria, for the time being, if you have a track generating MIDI, you need to send the MIDI from that track to another MIDI track that has MIDI input enabled.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@Richtowns said:

In Auria, for the time being, if you have a track generating MIDI, you need to send the MIDI from that track to another MIDI track that has MIDI input enabled.

I’m trying to do it via midi AUV3 in the insert slots. As I said Rozetta works fine. And Drambo works when using a “blank” state, right after inserting it, when only the “main” track exists, like I show in the screenshots.

• If using Drambo MidiFX on a different track and sending Midi it does work...

I can live with it, but it’d like to know if it’s an issue or I’m doing something wrong.

• The way I do it is by starting a new project. Add 2 midi tracks

On track 1
    Open fx tab
    Select 'no instrument'
    Add drambo midi fx to the insert
    Open drambo midi fx and Create a midi data
    Close drambo close track 1 fx tab

On track 2
    Open fx tab
    (Add your instrument or keep the default piano)
    In midi route select input to be drambo midi fx (track 1)
    Close fx tab
    Select the note icon on the instrument strip (receive midi)

Press play

Ps this works on my ipad mini 5 but weirdly my air2 crashes after adding drambo midi fx (crash log sent to rim)

• @tahiche said:
    If using Drambo MidiFX on a different track and sending Midi it does work...

I can live with it, but it’d like to know if it’s an issue or I’m doing something wrong.

It is an issue Anx people need to report it over on the Auria forum for the developer to know that people want a fix. It has been reported but I have the sense that not many have reported it so it may not be a high priority.

• Yeah, I asked in the Auria forum aswell. The fact it works when it’s just the “Main” track with a midi output is really confusing. It’s the same midi output module after all.

• edited December 2020

Just a quick idea: I am only using Drambo AU inside Drambo host but I need to do 3 things to get MIDI out from Drambo AU:
    1. Combine MIDI outputs from all tracks, e.g. via MIDI mixer module
    2. Add MIDI output unit, where you should have only one option to select - “MIDI out” - this is to properly route MIDI out of Drambo AU.
    3. Connect the MIDI mixer unit output to MIDI output unit input.

I am on beta and there were already some changes on how routing works compared to App store version, so if something differs, please let me know and maybe we’ll find other way around.

• Can’t get it to work.

I’ll use a separate instance, that seems to work.