Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off Topic: "Couldn't find your Google account"

So I go to watch YouTube on Roku, and I'm logged out. I try to log in, can't do it.

Then I go online, and try to log in to my Gmail account, and get the message:

"Couldn't find your Google account"

Huh???

I use my Google account mainly for watching YouTube, and mainly on Roku, though I occasionally use Gmail as well but mainly for receiving some email subscriptions.

Google's help section is not helpful at all. A brief search leads me to some forum posts that reveal others have had the same problem in the past few years.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they thought it was inactive, because I rarely send any emails...

Except that I log in to Gmail every day, and watch YouTube on Roku every day, and even purchased a movie from them a while back.

I also don't post comments to videos, or upload videos, I just watch YouTube on Roku and use the email as described above. So there's no possibility of any terms of service violation.

Now, poof. Gone... Apparently.

Strange thing is, I always had it in the back of my mind as a possibility, and now it has happened. The behemoth tech company has done me in. That possibility is why I don't use it as my main email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on???

Comments

• Thanks! That would explain it. :p

I've had the account for a good number of years now, and never had anything like this happen. So I was baffled by it.

• @Dunamis said:

Thanks! That would explain it. :p

I've had the account for a good number of years now, and never had anything like this happen. So I was baffled by it.

Yeah, I guess ALL Google Services being offline for more than an hour is actually a first in the history of mankind o:)

• @jollyDodger said:
    Googcalypse

One could only dream.

• I find these types of outage fascinating and try to find details. The one thing I've seen so far is that people who used an "Incognito browser" could get to the Google services. This means (to me) that the layer of authentication services involving cookies was down and just posted the "There seems to be a problem" page.

• Embedded videos did also work while at the same time the youtube page itself just showed me the error 500 monkey

• McDMcD
    edited December 2020

@dobbs said:
    Embedded videos did also work while at the same time the youtube page itself just showed me the error 500 monkey

True. I think an embedded instance runs without any user/credential/cookie access... it's a user-less instance. I'd imagine Google captures data related to the site hosting the embedded link but that doesn't require the context exchange that occurs to see if you are a known Google user like I am that pays to avoid commercials.

Does anyone here get commercials on these embedded Youtube links or does Google give us a pass on commercials for embedded playback links?

• UPDATE: A Google spokesperson has now issued the following statement:

"Today, at 3.47 a.m. PT Google experienced an authentication system outage for approximately 45 minutes due to an internal storage quota issue. Services requiring users to log in experienced high error rates during this period. The authentication system issue was resolved at 4:32 a.m. PT. All services are now restored. We apologise to everyone affected, and we will conduct a thorough follow up review to ensure this problem cannot recur in the future."

• I couldn’t tell Google Nest to turn on the light on the toilet yesterday. I panicked as I thought I would have to resort to using...the light switch. It’s a button placed on the wall for emergencies, I believe. Man...people back in the day had it rough.