Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Slow copying to - Kingston 16Gb USB stick.

I'm sorry if this been up before, tried a search but I'm hopeless with that and can never find what I'm looking for. Anyway, I have a 16Gb Kingston USB stick connected to the same hub my sound card are using and iOS recognize it and it says Kingston in the file menu. So, so far all good. Now, I want to offload my drive as I only have 64Gb and for some files it goes real smooth and for some it just show that spinning wheel .. forever. Losing my patients and cancel only to (sometime) see it actually has copied over files. I don't know how and what gives but my question is:
Is there something I should do to prepare the drive i.e formatting or is there some setting I don't know about or, what ever might make it more usable?

Comments

• The copying on files from USB drive is notorious for being super slow. Maybe try another port on your hub and not plugging anything else on the hub. Also maybe try not using the hub at all if you have The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. I can’t remember if you need to supply power for a USB stick.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/mk0w2am/a/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

• @ecou said:
    The copying on files from USB drive is notorious for being super slow. Maybe try another port on your hub and not plugging anything else on the hub. Also maybe try not using the hub at all if you have The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. I can’t remember if you need to supply power for a USB stick.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/mk0w2am/a/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Thanks for replying. The link you provide is for the camera adapter I have. The hub (D-Link) is however USB 2 while the stick is USB 3.0. Not sure if iPad Air 3 (2019) supports USB 3.0 but I've been thinking of buying a USB 3.0 hub instead. Wonder if that would do any difference?

• That is your problem, USB 2 is 10 times slower than USB 3. Bypass the hub and plug the USB stick directly in the camera kit.

• On my iPad6 writing to a USB flash card (a very fast microSD card) is much slower than USB 2 speeds and others have confirmed same behavior. I've even compared to a computer with USB 2 which was several times faster. This is using the most recent generation USB camera adapter (cck) for lightning.

It is a bummer that it is so slow. Much slower than using AirDrop to my laptop.

• @ecou said:
    That is your problem, USB 2 is 10 times slower than USB 3. Bypass the hub and plug the USB stick directly in the camera kit.

I tried it and a 52Mb *.mov file still take a couple of minutes. If my iPad supports USB 3, that's not improvement enough to invest in a new hub, they're quite expensive and the sound card (Focusrite gen2) is USB 2 and works fine.
    Anyway I want to use it simultaneously with the sound card as I'm using it for both storage and picking up files. I am doing that, to be clear, but was just wondering/hoping it was some way I could improve the usage speed.
    Thanks anyway! :D

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

It's still slow to USB even with USB3. SSD is far better, though still problematic.

@Pxlhg - I'm guessing you may find that where you run into problems is when folders have more than 1,000 - 2,000 files. I don't even try to copy folders with more than 1,500 files any more.

• @wim said:
    It's still slow to USB even with USB3. SSD is better, though still problematic.

@Pxlhg - I'm guessing you may find that where you run into problems is when folders have more than 1,000 - 2,000 files. I don't even try to copy folders with more than 1,500 files any more.

Yes I did that at first, now (I did not see your comment until after my reply above) I tried just one file and it was still taking minutes (see above). I have a SSD disk and a sledge(?) for laptop I don't use - maybe should try see if it works. It's a pretty old SSD, one of the first (Corsair F120).