Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA: How to cancel automatic PayPal payments

I decided to cancel a monthly subscription I was trying out and I noticed that I had authorized other automatic payments in PayPal that I wasn’t even aware of. Luckily none of them had rolled around again yet but it could have caused a nasty shock.

If you use PayPal then take a look yourself and make sure there are no automatic payments that are going to surprise you one day...

https://www.paypal.com/sm/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-recurring-payment,-subscription,-or-automatic-billing-agreement-i-have-with-a-merchant-faq1067

Comments

• edited December 2020

Thank you for sharing this! I went in and found only two surprising automatic payments setup, both for eBay which I think was automatically set up when I sold some things on PayPal. Otherwise fortunately nothing surprising.

I did find it interesting that I've spent $476 via Apple, where I do have PayPal setup as my usual payment method. That means I've spent that much on apps and IAPs. That is actually quite surprising but just shows over the years how $1 - $20 here and there can really add up!

• @fprintf said:

I did find it interesting that I've spent $476 via Apple, where I do have PayPal setup as my usual payment method. That means I've spent that much on apps and IAPs. That is actually quite surprising but just shows over the years how $1 - $20 here and there can really add up!

Same here. Nearly a grand since spring 2018. Holy fuck.

• I also went in and canceled a few things that were on the back of my mind to cancel, but that I may have forgotten to do in time, thanks for the reminder. I don't even know how much I have spent on iOS apps this past two years or so, but it would definitely be over a grand and more likely closer to 2. This is not as cheap a hobby as it seems. Better than eurocrack, I guess.

• Oh yes...... a theme that runs deep in me... LOL. I did notice some new one to some chap named Gavin..... 😂😂

• @onerez said:
    Oh yes...... a theme that runs deep in me... LOL. I did notice some new one to some chap named Gavin..... 😂😂

And very generous it was, my man! Folks I'm not kidding you, of the PayPal donations I have received since posting my PayPal a month or two ago, this benevolent fellow's make up about 50 percent of the total 😂. Didn't notice that it was a recurring one though 😜

• i had this happen just a few days ago actually... a couple years ago i joined beatstars to sell beats, didn't get very far, forgot about it, then found out i hadn't cancelled my subscription last year when 90 dollars was taken out of my account. i messaged them on twitter and they were generous enough to bypass their "no refund" policy. i assumed they just canceled my account BUT last week i saw another $90 taken from my account 😭

• Yeah I guess you shouldn't trust your memory when it comes to important stuff like MONEY 😁 I always set up a calendar reminder for a few days before a trial subscription would renew.

• I see horrific numbers in 2020 and 2019. :#