Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• @ElectroHead said:
    Thanks @Grandbear I've tried the AU Extension and AU MFX. Still nothing. (Midi channel checked).

Interesting, I tested right now and it works for me starting with a new project. Can you share a screenshot or video?

• I reset the midi channel in Tardigrain to CH 1 and now it works. Strange that Tardigrain won't receive on other channels.

• @ElectroHead maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but Drambo by default sends MIDI in channel 1, so if you had Tardigrain set to something else that would be correct behavior

• I now realise I had the Drambo track set to receive on CH6, not transmit on CH6! Thanks again.

• Ah nice that you figured that out!

• edited September 2022

One thing I would like to see with Drambo is an option to have rows for the sequencer as a visual option for long sequences. It’s a little hard on the eyes when it gets so tiny. I know you can have it as “pages” but everything on the one screen would be nice.

• Hey. I like to record to the drambo sequencer from an Auv3 plugin.
    For example Pure Acid or ruismaker noir sequencer, MPE from Animoog Z or mononoke.
    Can that be done? It seem like there is no input to drambos sequencer from Auv3 apps.

• @Lorichs said:
    Hey. I like to record to the drambo sequencer from an Auv3 plugin.
    For example Pure Acid or ruismaker noir sequencer, MPE from Animoog Z or mononoke.
    Can that be done? It seem like there is no input to drambos sequencer from Auv3 apps.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=auv3_midi_recording_workarounds&s[]=drambo

For MPE, you may be out of luck. Pretty much only MIDI Tape Recorder accurately records and plays back Animoog z.

• Thanks @espiegel123
    I was hoping for something that was as good as cubasis3 does it. Bot just a midi workaround for drambo goes a long way. Thanks 😊

• @Lorichs said:
    Thanks @espiegel123
    I was hoping for something that was as good as cubasis3 does it. Bot just a midi workaround for drambo goes a long way. Thanks 😊

Drambo development continues, and there will be a more flexible sequencing concept that allows for much more freedom with MIDI routing in the sequencer.
    MPE is a different thing though - it will require considerable development effort to make MPE controller data properly editable and it seems that most sequencer developers chose to not invest the time. I agree that MIDI Tape Recorder is the way to go now.

• @rs2000 It is very interesting to see were drambo goes from here.
    Regarding mpe. I just need to practise my keyboard playing so that i can nail my takes in MIDI tape recorder 😄

• @Lorichs said:
    @rs2000 It is very interesting to see were drambo goes from here.
    Regarding mpe. I just need to practise my keyboard playing so that i can nail my takes in MIDI tape recorder 😄

Me too 😉

• @Lorichs said:
    @rs2000 It is very interesting to see were drambo goes from here.

It's a separate standalone app, but Xequence 2 records and edits MPE. Once you get the routing part down, it's not super difficult to switch back and forth between apps.

• Thanks @wim. I have MIDI tape recorder. 😊

• Been looking for this for over an hour and giving myself a headache..:I’m going to be buying this soon…what kind of formats can you export your projects as? I know there’s a 16 bar limit and I’m hoping I can export it to GarageBand and add more there…

• @Fear2Stop said:
    Been looking for this for over an hour and giving myself a headache..:I’m going to be buying this soon…what kind of formats can you export your projects as? I know there’s a 16 bar limit and I’m hoping I can export it to GarageBand and add more there…

I think the 16 bar limit is just for individual clips.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:
    Been looking for this for over an hour and giving myself a headache..:I’m going to be buying this soon…what kind of formats can you export your projects as? I know there’s a 16 bar limit and I’m hoping I can export it to GarageBand and add more there…

Oh, sweet! I think that seals the deal for me then 😎

• @Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

You might want to get confirmation. I pretty much use Drambo as a custom fx box and am not super familiar with the sequencing side.

• edited March 2023

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

You might want to get confirmation. I pretty much use Drambo as a custom fx box and am not super familiar with the sequencing side.

Gotcha…worst case scenario being able to use my own created instruments made in Drambo in GarageBand is quite ok to me

• @espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

16 bars per clip, and as far as I’ve seen, unlimited clips per scene, and unlimited scenes.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

16 bars per clip, and as far as I’ve seen, unlimited clips per scene, and unlimited scenes.

Awesome…what file formats can you export?

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

As far as I can tell, in Drambo standalone, you can only “export” standard waveform (.WAV) audio. I believe this is the same with the built-in “Stem” recording.

One could of course use the Drambo audio unit, or waveform audio recorded or exported from Drambo inside another host/DAW with more export/mastering options (such as Cubasis), if one needed additional file format export options, such as MP3.

As a hobbyist, I simply use the iPad’s screen recorder most of the time for quick shares. While I do understand it uses Apple’s lossy compression in saving an MP4 video file, I’ve found that they sound fine, especially considering that the average end listener is listening on “average” audio equipment anyway.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

As far as I can tell, in Drambo standalone, you can only “export” standard waveform (.WAV) audio. I believe this is the same with the built-in “Stem” recording.

One could of course use the Drambo audio unit, or waveform audio recorded or exported from Drambo inside another host/DAW with more export/mastering options (such as Cubasis), if one needed additional file format export options, such as MP3.

As a hobbyist, I simply use the iPad’s screen recorder most of the time for quick shares. While I do understand it uses Apple’s lossy compression in saving an MP4 video file, I’ve found that they sound fine, especially considering that the average end listener is listening on “average” audio equipment anyway.

I do all my recording in GarageBand iOS and export the stems and send them to my band mates who add overdubs, or the other way around . We release our music commercially and right now royalties are my only source of income, so I have to make everything sound as good as possible. So if I can record parts in GB using the created instruments with Drambo as an AU that’s fine, or I use a wav made in Drambo and load it into GB and add stuff there. I play each part in real time with a metronome as opposed to step recording, but was kinda hoping I could export a midi and load it like that (like I do with Ripplemaker), but this is good enough

• edited March 2023

If you need midi export, you can load Atom2 or LK in Drambo and record/export from the plugin... these can also help overcome the 16bar limit if needed.
    Though I’m not sure what are you trying to achieve / expect from Drambo in your setup...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    If you need midi export, you can load Atom2 or LK in Drambo and record/export from the plugin... these can also help overcome the 16bar limit if needed.
    Though I’m not sure what are you trying to achieve / expect from Drambo in your setup...

Was mainly hoping to use the custom made instrument modules amongst some other things . Even if that was the only thing, it would still be worth it

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

I do all my recording in GarageBand iOS and export the stems and send them to my band mates who add overdubs, or the other way around . We release our music commercially and right now royalties are my only source of income, so I have to make everything sound as good as possible. So if I can record parts in GB using the created instruments with Drambo as an AU that’s fine, or I use a wav made in Drambo and load it into GB and add stuff there. I play each part in real time with a metronome as opposed to step recording, but was kinda hoping I could export a midi and load it like that (like I do with Ripplemaker), but this is good enough

I guess the easiest way to export stems from Drambo as MIDI files is to add MIDI Tape Recorder as an AUv3, record whatever you need and share the MIDI file with Garageband.
    If you're using these settings then the MIDI file will be recorded in perfect time (adjust the recording length as needed):

• @rs2000 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fear2Stop said:

I guess the easiest way to export stems from Drambo as MIDI files is to add MIDI Tape Recorder as an AUv3, record whatever you need and share the MIDI file with Garageband.
    If you're using these settings then the MIDI file will be recorded in perfect time (adjust the recording length as needed):

Awesome…I have midi tape recorder already (I don’t remember getting it but apparently I do lol ) so that’s perfect….thank you kindly!

• You're welcome ☺️

• edited March 2023

Hi! do you know which instrument rack would come closest to a module like this ?
    https://youtu.be/DzwnqOkSEfM?t=264
    thx ! B) (sound at 4:20)