Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• edited December 2020

Thanks @reasOne Weird, I don't see IAA in 13.6?

• @rs2000 said:

@Spud said:

@rs2000 said:

@Spud said:
    It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

In Drambo, you build songs from patterns which can contain any combination of track sequences. You can duplicate patterns, copy or erase individual track sequences, record new ones etc.
    Track sequences are part of a pattern.

Thanks @rs2000 . I'll try and find a video explaining it to see if it would work for me and what the length limitations are.

A straight 4/4 pattern can have up to 16x16 = 256 steps. (3/4: 192 steps, 5/4: 320 steps)
    Using these controls, you can choose how many steps you want to see on one screen page:

Using step buttons has other advantages not found in Live or Bitwig: In sequencer [EDIT] mode, you can hold a step button and toggle notes for that step on the keyboard, both from the internal or from a MIDI keyboard.

Thanks @rs2000. I wish there was a time limited demo I could try to see if the workflow suits me or not. I want to commit to learning a DAW deeply but so far none on iOS have been quite right and I'm hesitant to shell out for another one when I might end up moving to PC and Bitwig anyway. Cheers :smile:

• Joining the choir of praise here, wow @giku_beepstreet this is amazing. It’s a complete game-changer.

For those of you who haven’t already, why not buy the Waves extension to show support :)

• @auxmux said:
    Thanks @reasOne Weird, I don't see IAA in 13.6?

haha dang i must be tripping 😂 looked at my sessions and it was def the au - pre auv3 host how i’ve been using it . no iaa , i’m going to set the crack pipe down now

• @cyberheater said:
    Er... I’m being thick. How do I load a AU in Drambo?

I had to update Drambo. Now I can see it.

• I’m still getting my head round this 🤯

I’ve used Drambo as a ‘synth builder’ but haven’t used the sequencer much. This feels so immediate and lovely - trying to decide if this complements or replaces AUM (or both!!!).

Can’t help but think that Drambo hosting KB-1, LK and Atom 2 is the new game.

• Just a friendly reminder that TubeAU works in this as well

• @gregsmith said:
    I’m still getting my head round this 🤯

I’ve used Drambo as a ‘synth builder’ but haven’t used the sequencer much. This feels so immediate and lovely - trying to decide if this complements or replaces AUM (or both!!!).

Can’t help but think that Drambo hosting KB-1, LK and Atom 2 is the new game.

@gregsmith Can I ask what Atom would bring to the sequencing that is currently not natively available or suitable to your needs in Drambo? I'm trying to find my ideal sequencing workflow at the moment.

• @Peblin said:
    Joining the choir of praise here, wow @giku_beepstreet this is amazing. It’s a complete game-changer.

For those of you who haven’t already, why not buy the Waves extension to show support :)

Bought.

Now the remaining AuV3 synths also became obsolete.

Except for the precious: Pure Acid.

• @auxmux said:
    Drambonians, what's the best way to record performances? Either from master track or individual tracks? Not just pattern audio export.

I think the Flexi sampler is probably the best bet at the moment. The Record module is a bit bare bones and doesn't let you export audio, so not much use here. I can't remember if there's a limit to how big a file can be in Flexi sampler though.

• People asking about how to record, would it be possible to put 4pockets multi track on a drambo track and route 8 channels to it for recording? Then you will have 8 stems or even just run it on the master channel to record a stereo master?

• @cyberheater said:

You need an AU container/module, for Instruments, generator sub menu, up near the top. The Processor and MIDI AU containers are up near the top of their respective sub menus.

• @giku_beepstreet I have a problem trying to download drambo on macos big sur. It says that I have to pay.. ¿? again? It is a bug on app store? I already payed for the app when came out. So... any way of fixing this?

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@cyberheater said:

You need an AU container/module, for Instruments, generator sub menu, up near the top. The Processor and MIDI AU containers are up near the top of their respective sub menus.

Thanks. I had to do an update before I could see the option.

Time to really learn Drambo.

• How can i use LK in drambo? I want to test the clip launcher. Thx

• @Spud said:
    ... Can I ask what Atom would bring to the sequencing that is currently not natively available or suitable to your needs in Drambo? I'm trying to find my ideal sequencing workflow at the moment.

In a nutshell? It brings a piano roll sequencer to Drambo. The step sequencer in drambo is good for a lot of things, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to edit sequences more traditionally. drambo will have a piano roll module some day, but this is a welcome bridge to those days.

• First person to post a vid showing how to use Atom or LK within Drambo gets a cookie.

• @nickneek said:
    Right, this is the weekend that I learn to use Drambo.

Also, fair play that they didn't make auv an IAP.

Iiiiiiiiiits tiiiiime. To put my brain into this app again. It’s so huge I need more than a simple weekend..

• @veitz said:
    How can i use LK in drambo? I want to test the clip launcher. Thx

Add a Midi > Audio Unit Midi Processor and load LK into it. Follow with the apps you want to trigger, or with a Midi to CV module and any Drambo generator.

Hopefully that will get you started. More apps or generators will require more routing, etc. than I have time to note right now.

[edit ... it’s under Audio Unit Instrument, not Midi Processor]

• @wim said:

@Spud said:
    ... Can I ask what Atom would bring to the sequencing that is currently not natively available or suitable to your needs in Drambo? I'm trying to find my ideal sequencing workflow at the moment.

In a nutshell? It brings a piano roll sequencer to Drambo. The step sequencer in drambo is good for a lot of things, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to edit sequences more traditionally. drambo will have a piano roll module some day, but this is a welcome bridge to those days.

Yeah I’m a piano roll kinda guy so it’s pretty essential to me, although LK can provide that I suppose. Lots to experiment with!

Atom 2 looks like a piano roll with bells and whistles and cherries on top so will probably still be the one of choice when it arrives.

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

Is there a built-in midi channel filter module? I’m lookin’ to have multiple generators downstream from LK in the same track. I know I can do it with an AU midi plug, but seems like there should be an internal way that I’m just overlooking.

• @echoopera said:

@reasOne said:
    12/11/2020 - historic date for ios...
    what do we name this holiday??

"Happy Drambo Day," of course :smile:

...An obscure group of people who’s leaving their family’s to gather on a remote Island in the pacific every year for a weekend. They sit by the fire on the beach and playing on their Drambooos. Talking about updates, midi, au, velocity, patterns, melody and rhythm. The island is like an “LOST”-island because time seem to not be present here and they are not eating nor drinking and not sleeping. They just cuddle with their Dramboooos...

• Thank you Wim. It was another mistake... now it works everything. Is all so wow.... ;-)

• edited December 2020

@wim said:
    Is there a built-in midi channel filter module? I’m lookin’ to have multiple generators downstream from LK in the same track. I know I can do it with an AU midi plug, but seems like there should be an internal way that I’m just overlooking.

That’s a module on my wishlist too.

I think Victor Porof miditools to loopback midi to separate tracks (which do have a single input filter) is one of the options for now.

• @aleyas said:

@wim said:

That’s a module on my wishlist too.

I think Victor Porof miditools to loopback midi to separate tracks (which do have a single input filter) is one of the options for now.

I’ll have to give that a try. I’m having no luck at all filtering midi by channel, even with AU midi FX like mfxStrip. LK is looking to be more difficult than I thought. Atom works great.

• @gregsmith said:
    Yeah I’m a piano roll kinda guy so it’s pretty essential to me, although LK can provide that I suppose. Lots to experiment with!

Atom 2 looks like a piano roll with bells and whistles and cherries on top so will probably still be the one of choice when it arrives.

Just wanted to pop by and say that I've been testing Atom 2 in Drambo for about a month now, and it was really darn hard to keep my mouth shut about it :) Works really nice, and it's motivating me to keep on it and release after I'm done with my short break.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just a friendly reminder that TubeAU works in this as well

And sEGments comes to a new life...

• @gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Spud said:

@wim @gregsmith Thanks guys. I figured it was as simple as that but it's often useful to hear why people choose certain workflows. I'm trying to tie together a 16ch mixer/interface, a few Eurorack modules and a few desktop units and am yet to find a sequencer that works for me. I might have to give Drambo a go.

• Whats the dealio with the wave packs? Still using aum for now but with drambo synths as tracks + a few auv3 ( in aum )

See they are linked to serum but is the oscialtor a generator or does it affect serum waves? I mean if you added serum waves, then you are just then adding the wave effect maybe. Or does the oscilator work with the drambo modules, then effect?

Plus the wave effect. Whats that like on any sound. Maybe to create unusual sounds for drums?

• Do you need Serum. Or is wave upgrade ( oscilator, filter and effect ) good to go?