Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• @echoopera said:

@onerez said:

@PZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    My only problem now is that I’m going to have to get a midi controller with more knobs, I maxed my nanokontrol out real quick

Just get a LaunchPad X and create your own layouts and you’re good

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m intrigued. What do you mean by this?

You can set up custom layouts to your own liking on the Launchpad. See video below

Here's how I set up a couple months ago:

Awesome! Thank you both 👍

• @Eschatone said:

@aleyas said:

@bcrichards said:
    Feel like this could now get to a point where Drambo feels less of a competitor to a lot of apps and now becomes a very pleasant complement, as it makes some combinations possible that weren’t easily done before. Im loving using mixbox filters to build mono synths in Drambo, modulating the parameters with envelopes/lfos.

Right? The iVCS3 breakout AU modules, VCO, Filter, Envelope, integrate really well into projects too. Really nice for getting different oscillator tones, or a different color on the amp and filter.
    The next thing I'd like to try is hosting individual mirack modules at various points in the signal chain.

Great idea! Just started saving some MiRack effect presets in Drambo. You just have to use MiRack’s built in MAP function first, then knobs map just fine via Drambo’s map function. Experienced my first Drambo AU related crash after reloading a container preset with MiRack’s Plateau - but loaded just fine on my next try, with all knob positions saved.

Yeah! Another advantage is that mirack can do instant feedback too, whereas Drambo has a minimum 10ms delay. So patching into mirack parts of your signal path you want feedback in is another cool area to explore.

Personally, what I’m gonna explore first is using some of the step sequencers in mirack, clocked by Drambo. Drambo still doesn’t quite have a step sequencer module that’s easy to use / write pitches to.

• I made the mistake of using Pure Acid as the first app to test things out with and ended up in a several hour long acid jam rabbit hole

• edited December 2020

@rs2000 said:

@Spud said:
    It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

In Drambo, you build songs from patterns which can contain any combination of track sequences. You can duplicate patterns, copy or erase individual track sequences, record new ones etc.
    Track sequences are part of a pattern.

Thanks @rs2000 . I'll try and find a video explaining it to see if it would work for me and what the length limitations are.

• Here's to hoping Drambo gets a midi matrix somewhat like Aum's in the future!

• To everyone talking about no longer needing AUM: what are you using to record audio? Or is your workflow strictly sequencing patterns into songs and then exporting?

• @glasstapper said:
    To everyone talking about no longer needing AUM: what are you using to record audio? Or is your workflow strictly sequencing patterns into songs and then exporting?

Flexi. It pays to spend a day with the Flexi Sampler alone. 💃🏻

• edited December 2020

@Spud said:

@rs2000 said:

@Spud said:
    It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

In Drambo, you build songs from patterns which can contain any combination of track sequences. You can duplicate patterns, copy or erase individual track sequences, record new ones etc.
    Track sequences are part of a pattern.

Thanks @rs2000 . I'll try and find a video explaining it to see if it would work for me and what the length limitations are.

A straight 4/4 pattern can have up to 16x16 = 256 steps. (3/4: 192 steps, 5/4: 320 steps)
    Using these controls, you can choose how many steps you want to see on one screen page:

Using step buttons has other advantages not found in Live or Bitwig: In sequencer [EDIT] mode, you can hold a step button and toggle notes for that step on the keyboard, both from the internal or from a MIDI keyboard.

• has anyone noticed that if you use two shot samplers in the same project, that sometimes the second shot sampler doesn’t always get triggered from midi? i set up one shot sampler on the second pad to play a kick, and that get’s triggered 100% of the time from midi. then i set up another shot sampler on the third pad with a snare and it only gets triggered like 50% or 60% of the time. i didn’t do anything else to the pad besides add the shot sampler, load in a sample, and put some notes in the step sequencer. i didn’t set up any condition modules or anything. and it happens whether im in standalone or in Auv3 too.

not sure if i’m missing something or doing something wrong?

• @rs2000 said:

@glasstapper said:
    To everyone talking about no longer needing AUM: what are you using to record audio? Or is your workflow strictly sequencing patterns into songs and then exporting?

Isn’t the ‘Recorder’ module eventually going to be able to save files too? I like that one for the ease of p-locking record.

• @itsaghost said:
    has anyone noticed that if you use two shot samplers in the same project, that sometimes the second shot sampler doesn’t always get triggered from midi? i set up one shot sampler on the second pad to play a kick, and that get’s triggered 100% of the time from midi. then i set up another shot sampler on the third pad with a snare and it only gets triggered like 50% or 60% of the time. i didn’t do anything else to the pad besides add the shot sampler, load in a sample, and put some notes in the step sequencer. i didn’t set up any condition modules or anything. and it happens whether im in standalone or in Auv3 too.

Polyphony=1?

• @rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:
    has anyone noticed that if you use two shot samplers in the same project, that sometimes the second shot sampler doesn’t always get triggered from midi? i set up one shot sampler on the second pad to play a kick, and that get’s triggered 100% of the time from midi. then i set up another shot sampler on the third pad with a snare and it only gets triggered like 50% or 60% of the time. i didn’t do anything else to the pad besides add the shot sampler, load in a sample, and put some notes in the step sequencer. i didn’t set up any condition modules or anything. and it happens whether im in standalone or in Auv3 too.

Polyphony=1?

i changed the polyphony after typing this out to see if that would help and it didn’t do anything :/

• @aleyas said:

@rs2000 said:

@glasstapper said:

Isn’t the ‘Recorder’ module eventually going to be able to save files too? I like that one for the ease of p-locking record.

I've requested that and a reverse audio function several times, let's see what happens 😉

• @itsaghost said:

@rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:

Polyphony=1?

i changed the polyphony after typing this out to see if that would help and it didn’t do anything :/

Can you show your patch?

• @rs2000 said:

@glasstapper said:

Welp, that’s the solution to my stem export problem, that just did not click with me for some reason. Always appreciate your seemingly never ending Drambo advice

• @rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:

@rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:

Polyphony=1?

Can you show your patch?

here's the full patch so you can snoop around if you want:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jXUSVOdLUFWwwHbsQ6zeYGgMZ4stLs4R

• @echoopera said:
    @McD @reasOne cool. Glad it opened.

It also worth mentioning that anyone can down load the Project and simply replace the 2 AUv3 synths with other products and get the benefit of the @echoopera sequences and
    FX options that are just a part of Drambo.

• @rs2000 said:

@aleyas said:

@rs2000 said:

@glasstapper said:

I've requested that and a reverse audio function several times, let's see what happens 😉

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

A round robin slices playback mode in Flexi would be most welcome also. ‘Random’ almost fits the bill.. but is too random haha.

• Now, I wish it could import projects and synth/fx patches from AUM automagically.

• @reasOne said:
    12/11/2020 - historic date for ios...
    what do we name this holiday??

Drambo first Blood part 2
    Or just Drambo day because it’s officially deserving of a day now😃🙃

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I made the mistake of using Pure Acid as the first app to test things out with and ended up in a several hour long acid jam rabbit hole

That’s awesome

• edited December 2020

Will be using aum and drambo but recorder module could be extended to reflect original pattern probability. You got 256 steps but in recorder if choosing 256 steps. 256 steps-sub menu-1 patterns. 8 patterns, 4 patterns etc. You could then have pattern number in patterns circle, reflect this. (1) = 1 pattern. (8) = 8 pattern. ( 4 ) = 4 pattern . Even If you used say drambo in aum as the overal timing based on steps. In theory you could transfer a whole track to a drambo sampler, even if it was 256 bars. This way you could add tracks ( say 10 + min but based on steps ) but always have the possibilty of adding beats/synths/samples from a drambo track/tracks to sort of overdub or create an ambient or continous album. Just recorded effects might be problematic. Tails etc. You could then add number for sequencer pages though. Number 8 on a sequencer would be bar 8 on a pattern. You could then not record effects but add via drambo. Sequencer then follows pattern numbers and p-locks would just follow timeline. No need for probability.

• Ah but effects would be on a whole track.

• edited December 2020

@skiphunt said:
    Curious... since it's been reported that Drambo runs well on the new M1 Macs... if an audio app hasn't been optimized to run in standalone on the new M1 macs yet, will it run if hosted in Drambo on an M1 Mac? Or... is it that that app has to be optimized to run on M1 as well, in order to be hosted by Drambo on an M1 Mac?

I just tried it and it seems AUv3 shows and load fine inside Drambo on my M1 MacBook.
    This is brilliant, makes Drambo into an own little DAW for me on my Mac.
    Edit: Just loading Drambo into Drambo shows an error. Maybe its that same scrolling thingie bug which makes Logic crash with almost any iOS AUv3.
    Forget it, GUI control is broken as well if I try miRack.
    So I would say not working, best to stay on iPad (I mean its where it belongs).

• @itsaghost said:

@rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:

@rs2000 said:

@itsaghost said:

Polyphony=1?

Can you show your patch?

here's the full patch so you can snoop around if you want:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jXUSVOdLUFWwwHbsQ6zeYGgMZ4stLs4R

There seems to be something odd with the sample markers, can you try going into sample Edit > Set slices > Remove all slices?

• I already said before.... Drambo for ipad is what ableton live was for macOs enviroment, revolutionary and visionary. And it keeps adding more and more functionality... it has become the best piece of software I on my ipad. Period.

Thanks @giku_beepstreet

• Er... I’m being thick. How do I load a AU in Drambo?

• Drambonians, what's the best way to record performances? Either from master track or individual tracks? Not just pattern audio export.

• edited December 2020

@auxmux i’ve been loading it as iaa in aum and just recording it the old school way via aum record. maybe there’s some kinda multi out way to set it up too but i haven’t tried it yet

i’m sure there’sa way to keep in drambo this via the samplers