Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @reasOne said:
    12/11/2020 - historic date for ios...
    what do we name this holiday??

"Happy Drambo Day," of course :)

• @onerez said:

@PZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    My only problem now is that I’m going to have to get a midi controller with more knobs, I maxed my nanokontrol out real quick

Just get a LaunchPad X and create your own layouts and you’re good

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m intrigued. What do you mean by this?

You can set up custom layouts to your own liking on the Launchpad. See video below

Here's how I set up a couple months ago:

• @jolico said:
    No iaa ?

Can’t find Drambo in AUM’s IAA section.

It would be interesting to host IAA Drambo in AUM while Drambo hosts AuV3s.

Yep.. that would be sweet.. with return buttons too.. ☕️

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:
    No iaa ?

Can’t find Drambo in AUM’s IAA section.

It would be interesting to host IAA Drambo in AUM while Drambo hosts AuV3s.

The dawn of IAA was officially announced by Apple many moons ago. How much sense would it make for an app developer to add IAAs support now.in 2020?

You do have a point.. but lots of projects, presets (Troublemaker, ATOM, MixiSteps. Etc etc) up in there..

• Man, this is just brilliant fun. Thank you @giku_beepstreet
    Here's a tune to celebrate :smile:

• edited December 2020

@echoopera said:

@reasOne said:
    12/11/2020 - historic date for ios...
    what do we name this holiday??

"Happy Drambo Day," of course :)

Happy Drambukkah! Merry Drambmas!

• @echoopera said:
    Now let’s see if this works. You’ll need DrumComputer and FRMS to hear all of it
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0Siadgp_H16s0QhcLCy-aWbZA#Context+Syntax

Thanks for sharing this project... it imports perfectly since own the required apps.
    For anyone doing this he first time... "save" the project after importing to recall it
    easily. If you start to tweak it... change the name.

• edited December 2020

@bcrichards said:
    Feel like this could now get to a point where Drambo feels less of a competitor to a lot of apps and now becomes a very pleasant complement, as it makes some combinations possible that weren’t easily done before. Im loving using mixbox filters to build mono synths in Drambo, modulating the parameters with envelopes/lfos.

Right? The iVCS3 breakout AU modules, VCO, Filter, Envelope, integrate really well into projects too. Really nice for getting different oscillator tones, or a different color on the amp and filter.
    The next thing I'd like to try is hosting individual mirack modules at various points in the signal chain.

• I started deleting stuff after this update...

• @McD @reasOne cool. Glad it opened.

Enjoy 👊🏼™️

• it’s so easy to modulate auv3 parameters in drambo... i love this app so much. i definitely can see myself using this more as a complete environment to build up tracks now instead of just a fun groovebox to play around with.

• Absolutely genius. Kind of eradicates my need for aum now

• The man in the gown delivers, nice one.

• holy smokes fantastic update

• It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

• Just because this exists doesn't mean we need to abandon AUM. Just saying. :) It's like Ableton and Maschine. Each has its merits. But, this is indeed a game changer, unlike some other aforementioned ones. :P

• @auxmux said:
    Just because this exists doesn't mean we need to abandon AUM. Just saying. :) It's like Ableton and Maschine. Each has its merits. But, this is indeed a game changer, unlike some other aforementioned ones. :P

exactly! aum and audiobus are amazing and drambo as a host is great along side em all!
    i don’t like seeing it as competition personally as so many pioneer apps are still brilliant and relevant and will hopefully continue to grow

• @aleyas said:

@bcrichards said:
    Feel like this could now get to a point where Drambo feels less of a competitor to a lot of apps and now becomes a very pleasant complement, as it makes some combinations possible that weren’t easily done before. Im loving using mixbox filters to build mono synths in Drambo, modulating the parameters with envelopes/lfos.

Right? The iVCS3 breakout AU modules, VCO, Filter, Envelope, integrate really well into projects too. Really nice for getting different oscillator tones, or a different color on the amp and filter.
    The next thing I'd like to try is hosting individual mirack modules at various points in the signal chain.

Great idea! Just started saving some MiRack effect presets in Drambo. You just have to use MiRack’s built in MAP function first, then knobs map just fine via Drambo’s map function. Experienced my first Drambo AU related crash after reloading a container preset with MiRack’s Plateau - but loaded just fine on my next try, with all knob positions saved.

• @Spud said:
    It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

Just add LK to Drambo?

• @CracklePot said:

Just add LK to Drambo?

I can’t figure out how to do it... I’ve added LK in Main but I don’t know how to get each channel to a different Drambo channel.
    Maybe LK needs multi out like Fugue Machine for instance.

• Wow.....you sir, are a wizard. Incredible @giku_beepstreet

• edited December 2020

sunrizer, zeeon, drambo, impaktor!
    nuff said!

• @CracklePot said:

@Spud said:
    It's not clear from the manual as it suggests Drambo is a work in progress - but is there a clip launcher/arrangement page? Can you build full songs from clips like you would in Ableton or Bitwig?

Just add LK to Drambo?

Hoping to stick to one app if possible, thanks though :smile:

• wow! been waiting for this, im wrapping up a bunch of projects for different people right now, but will dive into this hard in the new year. thank you @giku_beepstreet

• Just been looking at this. I don’t know where to even start...

• edited December 2020

has there been any word on a future update where you can access drambos internal keyboard from a audio units full screen mode while hosted in drambo

• @Spud said:

In Drambo, you build songs from patterns which can contain any combination of track sequences. You can duplicate patterns, copy or erase individual track sequences, record new ones etc.
    Track sequences are part of a pattern.