Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• Had a quick play and am just bowled over with the fader and scenes control over AU parameters. Drambo suddenly became a thousand times more useful to me!

• Right, this is the weekend that I learn to use Drambo.

Also, fair play that they didn't make auv an IAP.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My only problem now is that I’m going to have to get a midi controller with more knobs, I maxed my nanokontrol out real quick

• @celtic_elk said:

@bleep said:

@tja said:
    Good idea :)

Yeah I'm not too sure about it ... so much knowledge in the mega-thread will now just die, never to be seen by new drambonistas, only found when googling.

Don’t we have a wiki precisely to address that problem?

It would be SOOO great, if people would put info in the wiki and provide a link on the forum so that the knowledge doesn't get lost.

• edited December 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    My only problem now is that I’m going to have to get a midi controller with more knobs, I maxed my nanokontrol out real quick

Just get a LaunchPad X and create your own layouts and you’re good

• Thanks for update Giku.

Looking forward to a sampler ugrade and also any midi out stuff via knob perhaps. Sort of adjusting pattern maybe via knob. Theres chance though. Maybe thats all thats needed, when tweaking the synth also.

• @sigma79 said:
    Thanks for update Giku.

Looking forward to a sampler ugrade and also any midi out stuff via knob perhaps. Sort of adjusting pattern maybe via knob. Theres chance though. Maybe thats all thats needed, when tweaking the synth also.

It wernt even worth me commenting apart from thanks and sampler upgrade. Havent tested the midi out sequences much, although its my system.

• This is just crazy. Just putting an adsr after fundamental, a rhythmic pattern, and some fx put a big smile on my face. Gonna be a fun weekend.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    My only problem now is that I’m going to have to get a midi controller with more knobs, I maxed my nanokontrol out real quick

Beatstep Pro + Drambo = Match Made In Heaven

• I kept hitting the MAP button on an AU, hoping to open and close the filter, and I couldn't figure it out. I tried for a minute or two, then gave up and closed the app. And then in the Bleass Alpha panel, two new buttons: Filter 2 Cutoff and Filter 2 Resonance.
    My jaw dropped.

It felt like that moment in "The Prestige" when Hugh Jackman storms out of Telsa's mountain laboratory and realizes that ALL of his top hats have not simply vanished: THEY WERE ALL THERE.

• Feel like this could now get to a point where Drambo feels less of a competitor to a lot of apps and now becomes a very pleasant complement, as it makes some combinations possible that weren’t easily done before. Im loving using mixbox filters to build mono synths in Drambo, modulating the parameters with envelopes/lfos.

• And remember, if/when your CPU gets too high, you can just sample into a Flexi or Sampler!

• And you can save a slew of AUs together as an instrument or processor rack

• Sweet update. Been waiting on this one. You can load a Drambo AUv3 in Drambo....wait, what? 🤯

• @bcrichards like I said in the old thread... I hope to hear. “Hi its Ben”. Soon to a new video on all this!!!😀

• Oh god if I wasn’t already overwhelmed when Drambo came out that I pretty much gave up up on it, now this happens 😭

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I kept hitting the MAP button on an AU, hoping to open and close the filter, and I couldn't figure it out. I tried for a minute or two, then gave up and closed the app. And then in the Bleass Alpha panel, two new buttons: Filter 2 Cutoff and Filter 2 Resonance.
    My jaw dropped.

It felt like that moment in "The Prestige" when Hugh Jackman storms out of Telsa's mountain laboratory and realizes that ALL of his top hats have not simply vanished: THEY WERE ALL THERE.

Same!!!!!!

• @bcrichards said:
    And you can save a slew of AUs together as an instrument or processor rack

And you can do Drum computer multi-out followed by Layers mixing with individual bus processing, all in a nice and tidy package that doesn’t require much scrolling.

• No iaa ?

Can’t find Drambo in AUM’s IAA section.

It would be interesting to host IAA Drambo in AUM while Drambo hosts AuV3s.

• Ok so being a DramVirgin..... 😀. So i understand the concept of P-Locs and I am able to do them, but is there a way you can see what you have done in real time movement? Example of a bunch of P-locks on a cutoff filter. Is there a way for you to see it actually move instead of just highlighting letting you know it has it on it?

• @jolico said:
    No iaa ?

I’d really like that so I can record individual parts to bring into a daw for mixing. That or stem export

• @echoopera said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m intrigued. What do you mean by this?

• Drambo has always been a great app; this update just put it over the top.

One question: I’ve been working on a StreamByter script that sends sysex messages to my minilab to turn on the pads with metro/drum hits etc. (I have it working on AUM at the moment). In Drambo standalone, MIDI out lets me choose minilab as destination but the minilab does not seem to receive the sysex messages. Maybe the module only sends note/channel messages? Is there a way to send sysex?

Another question: the minilab sends transport commands which work in AUM (but not in audiobus). Drambo standalone does not seem to catch them. Can this be implemented?

Final question: Is it possible to have midi mapping (knobs from the controller) that respond only when the track is selected? (So that the same 16 knobs on the minilab can be mapped for each track without interfering with each other?)

• @jolico said:
    No iaa ?

The dawn of IAA was officially announced by Apple many moons ago. How much sense would it make for an app developer to add IAAs support now.in 2020?

• @PZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m intrigued. What do you mean by this?

You can set up custom layouts to your own liking on the Launchpad. See video below

• @echoopera said:
    Now let’s see if this works. You’ll need DrumComputer and FRMS to hear all of it
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0Siadgp_H16s0QhcLCy-aWbZA#Context+Syntax

can confirm that this works 😎

• 12/11/2020 - historic date for ios...
    what do we name this holiday??

• Curious... since it's been reported that Drambo runs well on the new M1 Macs... if an audio app hasn't been optimized to run in standalone on the new M1 macs yet, will it run if hosted in Drambo on an M1 Mac? Or... is it that that app has to be optimized to run on M1 as well, in order to be hosted by Drambo on an M1 Mac?