Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread

Comments

• Another super-basic question for the generous Drambonists out there: In Turnado AU, I ’ve mapped dictator and mix and am able to adjust with the knobs, but what about randomize? As you can see I mapped it and turning the knob back and forth triggers it, but that’s kind of awkward. The trigger module seems to be the solution but am missing something in between. Again, super basic. Thanks.

• edited January 2021

@zilld2017 said:
    Another super-basic question for the generous Drambonists out there: In Turnado AU, I ’ve mapped dictator and mix and am able to adjust with the knobs, but what about randomize? As you can see I mapped it and turning the knob back and forth triggers it, but that’s kind of awkward. The trigger module seems to be the solution but am missing something in between. Again, super basic. Thanks.

For 'momentary' switches like that, I usually clock a gate+velocity sequencer with the trigger button. The gate sequencer just allows me to give the trigger button a greater gate length, to ensure that parameter is triggered sufficiently. 140ms works fine for me. Then, just tap the 'randomize' knob to assign it to the gate sequencer, increase mod depth, and you should be in business.

edit: I use the gate sequencer (for its longer triggers) instead of the TRIG button because I find that TRIG is usually too short for the AU to pick it up.

• @zilld2017 said:
    Another super-basic question for the generous Drambonists out there: In Turnado AU, I ’ve mapped dictator and mix and am able to adjust with the knobs, but what about randomize? As you can see I mapped it and turning the knob back and forth triggers it, but that’s kind of awkward. The trigger module seems to be the solution but am missing something in between. Again, super basic. Thanks.

Here I made it with aleyas description. I’m Thankful for this description 👍 It works perfect:

• Yay, glad that worked for you! @Frühstück

• @zilld2017
    Because there's alway more than one way in Drambo...

The Graphic Envelope Module can be used with the Trigger Button in any cases where it may be more desired to emulate turning a knob by hand. As well as other uses for a triggered Envelope rather than an on/off gate.

• good one @horsetrainer
    I tried using a slew limiter on the trig for a similar result, which didn't seem to work. But this is clean. I like it.

• @horsetrainer said:
    @zilld2017
    Because there's alway more than one way in Drambo...

The Graphic Envelope Module can be used with the Trigger Button in any cases where it may be more desired to emulate turning a knob by hand. As well as other uses for a triggered Envelope rather than an on/off gate.

1 ms. to trigger a knob, Wohoo! Just Like Heaven.🤪

• edited January 2021

@aleyas said:
    good one @horsetrainer
    I tried using a slew limiter on the trig for a similar result, which didn't seem to work. But this is clean. I like it.

Thanks.
    I've noticed the slew limiter sometimes wont return to -0- CV after passing a signal.

If the slew limiter is used to trigger the gate of an envelope, it can result in a stuck open gate.

Switching the slew limiter to "Linear" seems to solve that issue.

• edited January 2021

@aleyas @horsetrainer: many thanks. Expanding my horizons.

While I’m here: is flexi sampler output mono only?

• @zilld2017 said:

It's Poly. Make sure you have more than 1 voice selected in the MIDI to CV module.

But if you use an AMP Envelope at the end of the rack.... Then place an AUv3 effect (or Drambo Effect designated with a (1) symbol) between a poly generator and the AMP ENV, the effect will only output a mono signal.

Putting effects after the AMP Envelope, allows for poly input into the effect.

Is that the info you were looking for?

• @horsetrainer said:

@zilld2017 said:

It's Poly. Make sure you have more than 1 voice selected in the MIDI to CV module.

But if you use an AMP Envelope at the end of the rack.... Then place an AUv3 effect (or Drambo Effect designated with a (1) symbol) between a poly generator and the AMP ENV, the effect will only output a mono signal.

Putting effects after the AMP Envelope, allows for poly input into the effect.

Is that the info you were looking for?

Yes. Perfect. The voices in the CV module tripped me up. Thank you @horsetrainer.

• edited January 2021

Sorry for the newb question but is there a diy way to amplify the output from Drambo to get it up to the 5v to trigger hardware? Would I need an attenuator, is that the right word?

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Sorry for the newb question but is there a diy way to amplify the output from Drambo to get it up to the 5v to trigger hardware? Would I need an attenuator, is that the right word?

In lieu of a gain module (as in AUM), I use two Amp modules to boost the signal from my audio interface to trigger threshold record in Flexi. I’m sure there’s a better solution, but I’m still learning and it works.

• is it possible to midi map to the length of a pattern? especially the x2 and :2 buttons

• @zilld2017 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

In lieu of a gain module (as in AUM), I use two Amp modules to boost the signal from my audio interface to trigger threshold record in Flexi. I’m sure there’s a better solution, but I’m still learning and it works.

Oh wow, I actually ended up loading in aum and using a bunch of gain nodes and got it to trigger my moog, hell yeah, thank you.

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@zilld2017 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Oh wow, I actually ended up loading in aum and using a bunch of gain nodes and got it to trigger my moog, hell yeah, thank you.

Math > Scale.
    There will soon be a new Scale&Offset module that is even more capable.

• @sloJordan said:
    is it possible to midi map to the length of a pattern? especially the x2 and :2 buttons

No, you'll have to find other ways.

• @rs2000 said:.

Math > Scale.

You’re my hero

• Stupidly convoluted but two Drambo’s hosting Bassline, one providing a gate and one providing notes, sequencing Werkstatt. I need to buy a sequencer lol

• did you...make your tablet water proof?

• edited January 2021

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Stupidly convoluted but two Drambo’s hosting Bassline, one providing a gate and one providing notes, sequencing Werkstatt. I need to buy a sequencer lol !

Nice!
    Can't you use a stereo to dual mono split cable and control gate+CV from one Drambo instance?

@Fingolfinzz said:

@rs2000 said:.

Math > Scale.

You’re my hero

😁 You're welcome.

• @dobbs i wish it were just that, I shattered the screen on it and haven’t been able to get it repaired yet so I put some plastic wrap on it to stop all the glass lol

@rs2000 oops, yeah haha I now have it running on just the iPhone

• @dobbs said:
    did you...make your tablet water proof?

It looks the way

• Does anyone know if there’s a way to load/save presets in Fugue Machine when hosted in Drambo?

• Any reason why the pads don’t trig the au but the piano keys do?

• edited January 2021

@reasOne it's a bug with "pads as keys"+AUs in the latest version, Giku is aware of it. In the meantime, you can work around it by adding a "Note generator" module.

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @reasOne it's a bug with "pads as keys"+AUs in the latest version, Giku is aware of it. In the meantime, you can work around it by adding a "Note generator" module.

Thank you brother!

• I’m building drum kits with Drambo. As most apps, sequencers, piano rolls, or step sequencers output midi on a single channel with notes mapped to kits, I’m doing my drum kits so all modules listen to all channels and have a midi note filter, such as the images below

The problem with this method is that it’s ok when triggered from an outside source, but it’s horrible when trying to play or preview within Drambo. You have to switch to each kit piece and press the right key on the piano. You can’t play pads. You can’t play kit pieces simultaneously. It’s a pain to have to find the right note each time...
    All kit pieces are set to listen on all midi channels. But if I’m on floor Tom (img 1) and i press on piano G1 (mtom) nothing is triggered. Is there a limitation in that piano keys only trigger the current active module?.
    I hope I explained the situation, it’s rather annoying and I hope there’s a way around.

On a side note... I wish there was a drum machine with multiple sample velocities and the capabilities of Drambo but more straightforward, really seems a bit overkill.

• DigiStix is closest but only 5 vel layers and the editing is pretty cumbersome.
    • DrumPerfect pro is not really auv3, the auv3 player thing is too weird.
  • edited January 2021

@tahiche Take a look at Drambotonic Multi, which uses Layers for the 8 parts. To play the pads, just enable “Piano keys on pads” in the Settings.

• edited January 2021

@tahiche said:
    I’m building drum kits with Drambo. As most apps, sequencers, piano rolls, or step sequencers output midi on a single channel with notes mapped to kits, I’m doing my drum kits so all modules listen to all channels and have a midi note filter, such as the images below

The problem with this method is that it’s ok when triggered from an outside source, but it’s horrible when trying to play or preview within Drambo. You have to switch to each kit piece and press the right key on the piano. You can’t play pads. You can’t play kit pieces simultaneously. It’s a pain to have to find the right note each time...
    All kit pieces are set to listen on all midi channels. But if I’m on floor Tom (img 1) and i press on piano G1 (mtom) nothing is triggered. Is there a limitation in that piano keys only trigger the current active module?.
    I hope I explained the situation, it’s rather annoying and I hope there’s a way around.

On a side note... I wish there was a drum machine with multiple sample velocities and the capabilities of Drambo but more straightforward, really seems a bit overkill.

• DigiStix is closest but only 5 vel layers and the editing is pretty cumbersome.
    • DrumPerfect pro is not really auv3, the auv3 player thing is too weird.

>

Is hosting AUv3 Drambo drum kits in Drambo standalone an option for you? That’s how I get the most use of drum kits in Drambo.

Btw, if you only want 1 note to trigger 1 drum sound, you can use the graphic shaper, and make a horizontal plot from left to right, aka C2. After that you can place a ‘pitch’ module to detune the CV generated by the graphic shaper (C2) to any pitch you need for that pad.

So you have velocity and gate coming from the MIDI to CV module, but pitch is coming from graphic shaper>PITCH module. This ensure that any note pressed on that track, across the whole key range will still produce only the 1 desired note. Including the pads. So that’s good for finger drumming, or sequencing

Hope that made sense (