Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Question for Developers . . .

I have an idea for an app that I think would be great, but I don't know the first thing about programming or developing apps. I have some concept ideas and some basic ideas down but the details would need to be worked out for sure. Because I happen to think it's a really good idea I'd like to hold off on giving out too much info at this point.
So this is where I appeal to the iOS audio app developers on the forum. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me develop this? I know it doesn't help not knowing exactly what it is, but I would say I would like the first release to have Audiobus as an input source and midi functionality. It is an idea that I really don't think has been fully actualized yet but I think there's a lot of potential in it. In other words, I think it is innovative and useful to a musician's workflow at the same time. I don't know exactly how intellectual property rights go, but my idea is I would like to work with an app developer to create something that would be financially beneficial for the both of us. It may be a tall order, but it is an app that I would like to see in the App Store one day, and I really think it could become part of a series of apps if the demand is there. So if you are a developer and you are interested, please get in contact with me if you'd like a challenge (at least a challenge for me!) and the potential to make something pretty cool.
I would be looking for someone who can do inter-app audio processes and midi functionality (core and virtual, channels, midi learn, etc). If you have good design skills that is a plus. As someone who makes music with apps often, I'd like to see this done right, and I appreciate those who can take an idea and make it something useable. I'm looking forward to any interest there may be out there. Thank you for your time!

Comments