Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Comments

• @joniqwest said:
    Not multiple takes ( though that would be nice) this is how I like to work with midi:

1. 1-2 bar count in
    2. Select loop length 2, 4, 8 bars etc
    3. Ability to add new notes with each pass ( overdub)

Please correct me if wrong , I don't believe AEM midi work flow is like this ?

No, but that should be relatively easy to add.

• @tja said:

@dwrae said:

@tja said:
    I was hoping for Mitosynth and Grain Science to show App, but of course they did not.

I am afraid I don't understand this. Can you please explain if this is a problem in the app?

Those App do not seem to show up in any DAW, but they still can be used in AudioBus and AUM - not sure why.
    As they are not supported and developed anymore, this is very sad.

As far as I can tell from their app descriptions, they aren't AUv3's so you cannot load them inside a DAW. Mitosynth at least states it does IAA, so you would in theory be able to select it as instrument. I think you can only send MIDI to Grain science from a DAW if it doesn't act as a IAA.

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

@dwrae said:

@tja said:

@dwrae said:

@tja said:
    I was hoping for Mitosynth and Grain Science to show App, but of course they did not.

I am afraid I don't understand this. Can you please explain if this is a problem in the app?

Those App do not seem to show up in any DAW, but they still can be used in AudioBus and AUM - not sure why.
    As they are not supported and developed anymore, this is very sad.

As far as I can tell from their app descriptions, they aren't AUv3's so you cannot load them inside a DAW. Mitosynth at least states it does IAA, so you would in theory be able to select it as instrument. I think you can only send MIDI to Grain science from a DAW if it doesn't act as a IAA.

They are both IAA Apps and can of course be loaded into a DAW, like thousands of other IAA Apps!
    You "AU guys" are strange :D :D

• edited December 2020

@dwrae excellent news on the update. As 2021 approaches I’ll be excited to make Audio Evolution my DAW.

Time/tempo signature change is a very important compositional and creative feature to me and to others. It’s a standard feature for desktop DAWs. It doesn’t appear to be on the horizon for Cubasis. Auria Pro has it but the app is not universal. This feature will elevate AEM in so many ways. I understand the implementation is difficult and takes a lot work. It really is a must have for a full featured DAW.

When you do implement this feature, will it have an option for gradual change like in Logic/Cubase (accel, decel) or more like set sudden changes from point A to B? I wonder if tempo change can be a drawable automation feature, it would serve a different purpose than “time stretching” I think.
    Just wondering. Thanks for your great work!

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @dwrae excellent news on the update. As 2021 approaches I’ll be excited to make Audio Evolution my DAW.

Time/tempo signature change is a very important compositional and creative feature to me and to others. It’s a standard feature for desktop DAWs. It doesn’t appear to be on the horizon for Cubasis. Auria Pro has it but the app is not universal. This feature will elevate AEM in so many ways. I understand the implementation is difficult and takes a lot work. It really is a must have for a full featured DAW.

When you do implement this feature, will it have an option for a gradual change like in Logic or Cubase (accelerate, decelerate) or more like set sudden changes from point A to B? I wonder if tempo change can be drawable automation feature, it wind serve a different purpose than “time stretching” I think. Just wondering. Thanks for your great work!

It's already present in the Android version for about half a year, so it's a simple matter of creating the Tempo change dialog for iOS. You can make gradual tempo changes between two tempo markers, but this curve cannot be changed.

• Looks like a very nice DAW.
    General question: how does it compare to other DAWs like for example Auria Pro? I don’t like the automation process in AP and the piano roll editor to place midi notes is something I always prefer to do in other apps.

• @dwrae said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

When you do implement this feature, will it have an option for a gradual change like in Logic or Cubase (accelerate, decelerate) or more like set sudden changes from point A to B? I wonder if tempo change can be drawable automation feature, it wind serve a different purpose than “time stretching” I think. Just wondering. Thanks for your great work!

It's already present in the Android version for about half a year, so it's a simple matter of creating the Tempo change dialog for iOS. You can make gradual tempo changes between two tempo markers, but this curve cannot be changed.

Cool! Gradual is great.

• For me, “This is the way.”
    And now I’m blown away by this update!
    For free? For real.
    Many, many thanks!!

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Cool! Gradual is great.

This is how it looks on Android:

• CB3 lately

@tja said:
    Which DAW do you normally use for your workflow?

• Great news ! Please add it to your "to do" list

@dwrae said:

@joniqwest said:
    Not multiple takes ( though that would be nice) this is how I like to work with midi:

1. 1-2 bar count in
    2. Select loop length 2, 4, 8 bars etc
    3. Ability to add new notes with each pass ( overdub)

Please correct me if wrong , I don't believe AEM midi work flow is like this ?

No, but that should be relatively easy to add.

• @purpan2 said:

@purpan2 said:
    Aha, track colour options! At last - goodbye to purples and mauves :)

Although I don’t see this option in the iphone version?

@purpan2 said:

@purpan2 said:

@dwrae said:

@purpan2 said:

@purpan2 said:

Does your iPhone run iOS14?

Ah good point. I’ll upgrade it.

• edited December 2020

Loving this so far! The layout and getting around just makes sense to me, and great to have unlimited fx slots and parallel routing!

@dwrae accessing an AUv3 is always full size on the screen right? No smaller pop up windows? I like how you did this, since on an audio track you still have visual access to stop/start buttons and the channel fader, but there is no visual access to the master fader strip. Furthermore, when you open an AUv3 on a midi instrument track, it takes over the whole screen and there’s no visual access to the channel fader. Even if it’s not possible to resize the AUv3 window, could it be possible to size it so you can see the channel strip on a midi inst. track. And is there a way to have visual access to the master strip while working inside an fx window?

Is there an option to move the master strip or busses to screen #2? Thanks!

• Would love to see a video walking through the DAW and the latest update.

• @DukeWonder said:

Would love to see a video walking through the DAW and the latest update.

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/video-tutorials

Please have a look at the topics 'Using the effects grid' and 'Modifiers and sidechain'.

• @dwrae
    Just purchased ! I am reading through the manual and went through the instruments tracks tutorial video . I cant seem to find how to import SFZ files. Do you have a link to that section in the manual or a video ?
    Thanks

• Fantastic updates, @dwrae

• Yes. Great ti see this DAW get developed further. Going to jump in again.

Would it be great if we could restore the Toneboosters plugins if we already own them on iOS? I’m guessing that’s not possible though.

• Also jumping back in. Bought this years ago, nice updates!

• @dwrae said:

@god said:
    Wow, look at all these new features! Gonna give this one a real test drive (once I finish work lol)

Thanks. There is more to come, hopefully this month like a new user interface behavior for the arranger screen, tempo/time signature change, vocal tune pro etc.

@dwrae :Are you planning on a new video tutorial series? (Tim Webb maybe?) Very nice update but this app needs an updated users manual…

• @Telstar5 said:

@dwrae said:

@god said:
    Wow, look at all these new features! Gonna give this one a real test drive (once I finish work lol)

Thanks. There is more to come, hopefully this month like a new user interface behavior for the arranger screen, tempo/time signature change, vocal tune pro etc.

@dwrae :Are you planning on a new video tutorial series? (Tim Webb maybe?) Very nice update but this app needs an updated users manual…

Please see the link for the new tutorial videos. There is also a brand new user manual that is almost finished, which will be available in both PDF as HTML formats.

• Audio Evolution is truly awesome now! Can I request Toneboosters Compressor and Enhancer as future IAPs? I really hope this hard work makes @dware a well compensated fella.

• edited December 2020

.…

• @dwrae said:

@Telstar5 said:

@dwrae said:

@god said:

Please see the link for the new tutorial videos. There is also a brand new user manual that is almost finished, which will be available in both PDF as HTML formats.

@dwrae :Thats awesome, thanks!
    @ipadbeatmaking

• This looks great! Curious, does this have Ableton Link support?

• @auxmux said:
    This looks great! Curious, does this have Ableton Link support?

No, and you rarely find this in a DAW. Like receiving MIDI sync, that would require real-time stretching of multiple audio tracks with good quality and that's not easy to implement in a good way.
    The only DAW that does this quite well IMHO is Beatmaker 3.
    If there are any sync options in a DAW at all, it's usually either send-only (like here in AEM or in Cubasis 2) or audio tracks will simply not be stretched when syncing (like in Korg Gadget or Zenbeats for example).

• @dwrae

I have already purchased the AuV3 versions of the Toneboosters apps, but AEMS shows them as in app purchases.

• Anyone gonna use this as their primary DAW vs Cubasis,NS2 , GB or Zenbeats? If so how and why?

• I’m also curious if anyone uses this in their workflow. I found this app while looking through the app store during black friday, and it made me put off getting Auria pro because it seemed to be in a similar wheelhouse. Could be wrong, but I definitely wanna hear from anyone who uses it!

• This looks amazing. I will be in the last 1% to get the update, sometime in the new year. Thank you!