Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster presets

On the KV331 website it states:

Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don't have to purchase them again

So if I have Synthmaster 2.9 wouldn't that mean I should have access to all the presets in Synthmaster desktop? Or at least 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9?

Comments

• Register inside SynthMaster One iOS app with the same email address as your desktop. Then tap on the top where it displays the preset name and tap Download Desktop Presets from the popup menu.

• This is for Synthmaster not SM One. Will it still work? Thanks.

• I'm kinda in the 'opposite' end here....

I've got a bunch Synthmaster Player IAP's on my iPad and downloaded Synthmaster Player for free for my Mac so how do I get the iPad IAPs loaded into the desktop version? (I can see on the desktop version that I've already Purchased it for iPhone & iPad).

I know the desktop version is based on SynthMaster 2.9...
    (The new sounds in 2.9 are really nice so I'm likely going to get the 2.9 IAP for my iPad as well).

Cheers!

• I bought the desktop preset (1250) and am confused if I actually got it. Where might one check? IT was $5 for all those presets and I feel like they are not there. Did I just buy them accidentally for Mac? ha thanks.

• This is weird. I watched the YouTube videos on Synthmaster.com site that explained how to download purchase on a computer.
    (It even says on the home page that I have purchases to download for the Plug-In and I should follow the directions in the video).

The Menu to refresh purchases list is 'missing' in the AUV3 and VST plug-ins just as one commenter to the video said...

Oh well, it was 'free' for desktop so nothing lost there :)

Cheers!

• @oceansinspace said:
    I bought the desktop preset (1250) and am confused if I actually got it. Where might one check? IT was $5 for all those presets and I feel like they are not there. Did I just buy them accidentally for Mac? ha thanks.

In the SM1 preset browser each preset is prefixed by a dynamic sequence number. Do you see 1250 preset sequences when you scroll to the bottom of the list? If not do Download Desktop Presets from the menu as I mentioned above

• thanks hold on I try!

• 1278 so ace! Wow that flipping preset scroller is insane, I was like no way there is that many, like they are skipping numbers but no! Cheers! I love the forum, always helping my classic user error or misunderstanding!

• I seem to remember having to add my SM Player (desktop) serial number onto a registration document on the iPad (did it all through iTunes on the computer). It took several goes but eventually my purchased packs were available on the iPad. I think it was all described in the manual, but it wasn't entirely obvious to me.

I was under the impression that it only worked one way i.e. you could transfer your computer IAP purchases onto iOS but not the other way around. Not 100% on this though.

• @swfarrington said:
    I was under the impression that it only worked one way i.e. you could transfer your computer IAP purchases onto iOS but not the other way around. Not 100% on this though.

That sounds right. The rest of the process is a bit of a mystery though. I have all there sun this for iOS and desktop but the iOS player only has the 100 presets you get from registering. Confused.

• Hmmm, ok all I know is that I bought the $5 desktop expansion and now on iOS I have over 1200 presets. I happy.

• @swfarrington said:
    I seem to remember having to add my SM Player (desktop) serial number onto a registration document on the iPad (did it all through iTunes on the computer). It took several goes but eventually my purchased packs were available on the iPad. I think it was all described in the manual, but it wasn't entirely obvious to me.

Where did you find the serial number on desktop? I cannot find it for the life of me. Unless you can only get it on the website than I might be screwed cuz I think I bought SM1 on a third party website and I cannot remember which one :/

• @itsaghost said:

@swfarrington said:
    I seem to remember having to add my SM Player (desktop) serial number onto a registration document on the iPad (did it all through iTunes on the computer). It took several goes but eventually my purchased packs were available on the iPad. I think it was all described in the manual, but it wasn't entirely obvious to me.

Where did you find the serial number on desktop? I cannot find it for the life of me. Unless you can only get it on the website than I might be screwed cuz I think I bought SM1 on a third party website and I cannot remember which one :/

Plugin Boutique. They keep your serials there. Shold also be in an email they sent. There may be a way to recover serial numbers from the KV331 site by inputting your email.

https://www.kv331audio.com/requestlicensefile.aspx

• edited December 2020

@Ailerom said:

@itsaghost said:

@swfarrington said:

Plugin Boutique. They keep your serials there. Shold also be in an email they sent. There may be a way to recover serial numbers from the KV331 site by inputting your email.

I guess I only got Synthmaster Player on PB. I got SM1 like two years ago on an upgrade from Player but it doesn’t look like it’s linked to my kv331 account which is why I had thought I might have gotten it from another third party website that wasn’t Plugin Boutique. Or maybe I accidentally made a new account and got it under that? Not sure to be honest, my memory is not the best lol. I only vaguely remember the what the website looked like and it looks nothing like the kv331 website now. But I’m guessing there’s no way to find my liscense number for SM1 on my PC? like in files or in the VST itself? I’ve looked everywhere and I cannot find it. I tried putting in the license number for Synthmaster Player and it said it was invalid. I’ll probably try to get in contact with kv331 though and see if they can help because I am lost lol

Edit: actually just checked kv331 on wayback machine and I definitely did get it straight from their website. I’m not sure why it’s not showing up in my account though. I checked my email and I’ve been getting emails from them so it’s definitely the right email

• @itsaghost said:

It was on my purchase email for the PC version

• @itsaghost said:

@Ailerom said:

@itsaghost said:

@swfarrington said:

I guess I only got Synthmaster Player on PB. I got SM1 like two years ago on an upgrade from Player but it doesn’t look like it’s linked to my kv331 account which is why I had thought I might have gotten it from another third party website that wasn’t Plugin Boutique. Or maybe I accidentally made a new account and got it under that? Not sure to be honest, my memory is not the best lol. I only vaguely remember the what the website looked like and it looks nothing like the kv331 website now. But I’m guessing there’s no way to find my liscense number for SM1 on my PC? like in files or in the VST itself? I’ve looked everywhere and I cannot find it. I tried putting in the license number for Synthmaster Player and it said it was invalid. I’ll probably try to get in contact with kv331 though and see if they can help because I am lost lol

Edit: actually just checked kv331 on wayback machine and I definitely did get it straight from their website. I’m not sure why it’s not showing up in my account though. I checked my email and I’ve been getting emails from them so it’s definitely the right email

Did you use the link to try resending the serial?

• @swfarrington said:

@itsaghost said:

It was on my purchase email for the PC version

It wasn’t in my email for some reason :/ Just the order from PB of Synthmaster Player> @Ailerom said:

@itsaghost said:

@Ailerom said:

@itsaghost said:

@swfarrington said:

Did you use the link to try resending the serial?

Yeah I tried but didn’t get anything back. I then tried putting in the Synthmaster Player serial into the Kv331 website to register it under my email address and now SMP is only showing up in my account lol. I have no idea how I even bought SM1?? Maybe a different email account that I’m unaware of? I checked all the ones I would of had at the time (I have a lot from making different artist names lol) but no other email from Kv331 were in there. So idk??

• Maybe if you contact them with a list of every email you have ever had and ask if they have you SM1 serial? :#

• @Ailerom said:
    Maybe if you contact them with a list of every email you have ever had and ask if they have you SM1 serial? :#

Yeah I just sent them an email!

• Carrying over from the recent app sales thread to this more appropriate thread with further Synthmaster preset questions....

Managed to download the user presets by deleting and downloading the app. Now I see the Online presets in the standalone but not in the AUV3. Feature or bug?

• @zilld2017 said:
    Carrying over from the recent app sales thread to this more appropriate thread with further Synthmaster preset questions....

Managed to download the user presets by deleting and downloading the app. Now I see the Online presets in the standalone but not in the AUV3. Feature or bug?

There were some early problems with presets under iOS 14. Could you identify your iOS version?

• It's a bit a mess with synthmaster presets. When you buy premium upgrade in synthmaster player which has only a few controls, many presets do not map any parameters to those controls. They just ask to be edited or transferred to Synthmaster One for editing but nope, because of closed architecture of the apps and probably some decisions on @kv331audio_bulent side, it is not possible.

• @uncledave said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Carrying over from the recent app sales thread to this more appropriate thread with further Synthmaster preset questions....

There were some early problems with presets under iOS 14. Could you identify your iOS version?

iOS14 most recent public build. Thanks for that info.

• edited February 2021

@zilld2017 said:

@uncledave said:

@zilld2017 said:

iOS14 most recent public build. Thanks for that info.

Hmmm. Should be OK there then. I just tried SM One stand-alone and as AUv3 in AudioBus, and I see all 1282 presets both ways. This was using the app "Browse" button in both cases.

Edit: Also checked AUM, OK as well. Both AUM and AB list the presets in their Presets menus as well, but those lists might not include user presets, because of perversity in the Apple implementation. There's little we can do about that.

Can you be more specific about the presets you're not seeing, and the AUv3 host you're using?

• edited February 2021

@uncledave , see below.

• edited February 2021

Ok, I see now....AUV3 is missing the submenu up top, but the extra presets are there...

• Anyone using Synthmaster One on iPhone? Just got it recently, I can save my own patches but it crashes every time I try to load them up. Both in standalone mode/AUv3.

Also a bit confused, seeing as there are 2 versions of SM1 apparently, one universal and one specifically for iPhone. Yet both of them claim to support my device (iPhone Xs Max).

I’m on iOS 14.4.
    SM1 v1.5.4